Author Topic: Blackwake  (Read 2671 times)

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Re: Blackwake
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2018, 08:12:00 am »
+1
LOL this game is awesome I was on a pirate ship as a british guy repairing the holes in their ship and they didnt know it lol
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2018, 01:31:05 am »
The new small ships can be annoying though, sometimes it's every cannonball that hits your ship, kills you, because the deck is so small. They need to tone that down for sure.
I like being on the smaller ships over the big ones myself.
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2018, 05:30:39 pm »
+1
I like being on the smaller ships over the big ones myself.

I always did, except the new gunboat is especially cancer, at least when I tried it, too easy to get killed due to having such a small deck. The splash damage was just destroying most of our crew and people were still able to hit us from long distances even though it's small, due to the ez aiming in the game. I never liked the bigger ships though, they even scrapped the biggest ship because it was just Hole Repair simulator 2017. If I ever Captain a Galleon I just basically fucking ram everything.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2018, 10:47:34 pm »
+1
Got this game while it was on sale the other day and played a few matches. Personally I preferred the bigger ships because it seems on the smaller ships everyone NEVER reloads the cannons and just waits until someone else loads them then just steals them and sits on them. No one ever helps repair either so its just me running around loading every cannon and reparing/pumping all by myself. On the big ships theres at least enough cannons that I can take a few shots.

The other main issue I have is the forts are pretty pointless. No one ever invades them and battles always end by ticks. I'd rather there be a limited ship count and after the ships are all gone the other team has to siege the fort and the other team can only win via a timer or something.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2018, 11:03:50 pm »
There is alot of new players from the sale I think and alot dont know to pull out hammer to see holes even though it says boat has holes. At least that is what I tell myself lol. But I dont mind running around doing all that stuff myself. Standing at the top of sails with a scope and a musket is fun too, taking pop shots at ships when close or are boarding my ship is fun too.

And yeah I wish the fort fights happened more too but some complain on the forums about camping at fort to get one because they want the ship fights. The devs say they want it to be a mix of 70% naval battles and 30% fort battles. Myself I like the fort battles and the boarding fights best. The melee combat is horrible but I am getting used to it, I find the pike the best. I think the devs are taking their time making melee better because they dont want to encourage more fights than naval. This game would be great if it had M&B melee.

I found it fun also when I was on a lower populated server and was able to get a 7 man schooner and sail it alone at fast all the time, set speed and direction and then run around loading some cannons, then fly by and enemy pop some shots and sail away fast to repair any damage, pump and reload for another pass. I also like to ram it into a ships broadside and either repair the nose and sail away fast or jump on the enemy ship lol.

Anyhow even with all its problems, I get lag at times, sometimes things stay on my screen like pumping message after I have died and respawned and other stuff I don't regret the $12. Also it helps that I find the game comical like the Monty Python esqe voice commands, watching players get blown off a ship and their body cartwheeling across the water, ships getting picked up by the twisters and spun in circles etc.  :P

I am glad you was able to get it on sale as it has ended now.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 11:28:38 pm by Asheram »
PENDULUM

Offline Drunken_sailor

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
  • schwing
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PeaceNiks
  • Game nicks: Archibot, MongolKhanTheBeerThirsty, Yerowbix
  • IRC nick: Archibot
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2018, 11:18:47 pm »
+1
dang missed the sale, next time its cheaper I will look into it.  sounds like PW on the seas
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2018, 05:12:45 am »
+1
dang missed the sale, next time its cheaper I will look into it.  sounds like PW on the seas
Though I have had a blast for a bit the past week after buying it on the 10th when it was on sale I wouldn't recommend buying it til its on sale again.

The devs seem hard set on what they want and not want the game to be.

It would be cool if it was moddable and players could make their own open worldish stuff with it but they claim it cant be modded without reworking the game from the ground up and even if you pipe dream suggest that it would be cool if they had a pile of money available to do so they still act like they wouldn't want to do so.

And when I pipe dreamed that I wished it had Warband combat mechanics the impression from the response I got was they want to keep melee combat gimped/dumbed down so it doesn't take away from the "naval" part of the game- the repair holes, pump load cannons part of  the game.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 05:17:34 am by Asheram »
PENDULUM

• Game Admin
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2018, 10:08:47 am »

And when I pipe dreamed that I wished it had Warband combat mechanics the impression from the response I got was they want to keep melee combat gimped/dumbed down so it doesn't take away from the "naval" part of the game- the repair holes, pump load cannons part of  the game.

What a retarded logic. "We don't want to make this part of the game good because then people would actually do it." Yes why make a game with multiple good mechanics so it functions well overall, instead just make a partway good game and make all the other mechanics shit

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2018, 12:48:36 am »
What a retarded logic. "We don't want to make this part of the game good because then people would actually do it." Yes why make a game with multiple good mechanics so it functions well overall, instead just make a partway good game and make all the other mechanics shit

the main thrust of the argument was that, for *most* of the playerbase, boarding was too chaotic, resource-intensive, etc for most folks to make any sort of use of the directional attacking or blocking, so they removed it. honestly, most people that play the game are NOT gonna do much to anyone in melee, you just block them spamming left click and then swing once and repeat til they die. played 200+ hours on this and i couldn't really see warband style melee working tbh

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2018, 12:55:59 am »
the main thrust of the argument was that, for *most* of the playerbase, boarding was too chaotic, resource-intensive, etc for most folks to make any sort of use of the directional attacking or blocking, so they removed it. honestly, most people that play the game are NOT gonna do much to anyone in melee, you just block them spamming left click and then swing once and repeat til they die. played 200+ hours on this and i couldn't really see warband style melee working tbh
By that logic you say the same thing about Napoleonic Wars about those that just shoot cannons and muskets then.

I think people would learn and get the hang of it. If the two of these games were mixed it would make for the best swashbucklers and buccaneers just like Errol Flynn in his movies "Captain Blood" and "The Sea Hawk". On guard knave!

edit- but then again if it did have Warband combat people probably would start to claim ranged was killing the server. :P
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 01:24:02 am by Asheram »
PENDULUM

• Game Admin
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2018, 03:38:24 am »
+1

The only "chaotic" part about boarding is how impossible it is to tell who is on your team or not. Indicators would be nice for those color blind people out there

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2018, 09:20:29 am »
+1
By that logic you say the same thing about Napoleonic Wars about those that just shoot cannons and muskets then.

I think people would learn and get the hang of it. If the two of these games were mixed it would make for the best swashbucklers and buccaneers just like Errol Flynn in his movies "Captain Blood" and "The Sea Hawk". On guard knave!

edit- but then again if it did have Warband combat people probably would start to claim ranged was killing the server. :P

it doesn't really matter much to me, just paraphrasing what the devs have said. your average crewman ain't even gonna be using the free "haha u cant melee me" block button whatsoever in the current day. you add in directional blocking and now instead of 1/7 crewmen being able to melee me in 1v1 it'll be 1/10 or less. don't matter much to me, any sort of "duel" between me and another lad is almost CERTAINLY gonna be interrupted by one or both of us being blasted to bits or hacked apart in the back

also making non-glitchy directional blocking ain't something they want to devote time to since your average lifespan on an enemy's deck or when being boarded is like 3s.

also don't u dare insinuate that my dearest vidjagame dream isn't a seamless recreation of the golden age of piracy in the carib as an MMO with no pity for landlubbers, of course i want to have beautiful melee combat on board seafaring vessels on top of myriad other things >:(

The only "chaotic" part about boarding is how impossible it is to tell who is on your team or not. Indicators would be nice for those color blind people out there

this is what separates those that enjoy slaughtering poor crewbabbies and those that are slaughtered. first, you've got to sorta memorize the crew outfits- shiny white sailor boys are navy and subdued lads are pirate. also use the magical Q button that you use to see enemy ships: friendlies all have their name listed about them when you do that, teamwide.

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Asheram

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2018, 04:49:49 pm »
I wish they would add a melee/gun only island skirmish mode I am already sick of ship combat but I like the musket/gun play better here than in Napoleonic wars. Probably because I can move while reloading. :P
PENDULUM