Author Topic: Warband Pro League  (Read 4488 times)

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
Re: Warband Pro League
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2015, 09:50:04 pm »
+2
the skill level difference for native and crpg is massive

im a average crpg player, maybe even below slightly below average doing average/slightly below average in the expensive gear.
i go to native battle, siege or tdm? im at the top of the boards, going 30-5 or someshit in mediocre gear.
native duels? i get my shit kicked in badly, those guys are fucking insane

(and then theres NW, its laughable melee which i dont even bother with)

You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 558
  • Infamy: 2448
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2015, 10:05:23 pm »
+3
Played native years before cRPG, and still play it regularly now. Never saw the issue.

You didn't play native competitively (neither did I). Public native is fun for every class combination because players aren't skilled on average like this stubborn group that play cRPG. I mostly play 2H in native, doing a lot better than with other classes.

Can imagine that native tournaments are sword&board&arrow, but that is great because it is how it should be (2H warriors never were a thing in history, only in Hollywood movies).

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2015, 10:07:13 pm »
+1
You didn't play native competitively (neither did I). Public native is fun for every class combination because players aren't skilled on average like this stubborn group that play cRPG. I mostly play 2H in native, doing a lot better than with other classes.

Can imagine that native tournaments are sword&board&arrow, but that is great because it is how it should be (2H warriors never were a thing in history, only in Hollywood movies).

Shut ur lying  whore mouth , 2H Heros were real , most known Varadin
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 84
  • Infamy: 1504
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2015, 10:08:17 pm »
+1
You were an archer in native, weren't you? :wink:

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2015, 10:17:26 pm »
+1
Played native years before cRPG, and still play it regularly now. Never saw the issue.

I guess if you played cRPG mostly and try and play native like that, you're gonna die. Because cRPG players are *terrible* at dealing with ranged, you put 3 ranged in a nest in cRPG and suddenly the game is ruined and there's no possible conceivable way of dealing with the problem other than nerfing the class some more.

You cant say that native is easy, whilst complaining that your preferred playstyle is not 'viable' in native. If it's seems not viable, it's probably cos it's hard to use well. If native was easy then you could pick any weapon and dominate. cRPG helped my ability to block and feint, and playing with 0 athletics made my footwork really good when playing against people with the same speed, but whenever i play Native i thank the nerd-gods that i learned how to play vs competent ranged *before* i discovered cRPG, since that's one skill you certainly dont learn from playing cRPG.
My only point was that Native removes far more aspects of the game from viable play than cRPG. I can play nearly anything imaginable in cRPG and most of it is viable. I have taken a short stint in competitive Native and it has an extremely specific meta, with only a fraction of the available weapons having any use whatsoever and manual blocking being irrelevant. If you "never saw this as an issue", sure, that is your opinion, which does not make my statements any less factual. Is it so hard to understand that many people find it stupefying that you cannot use the great melee combat system to any potential in Native, and might prefer cRPG for that very reason?

Shieldless play is not "hard to use" in competitive Native, it is entirely unviable because of the strength of ranged. This is a plain fact. I have no idea what you are talking about when you brag about your epic "playing versus ranged skill", but I am pretty sure the entire competitive scene agrees that you spawn with a shield and hold up your shield, a lot.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2015, 12:03:53 am »
Clearly many of you find it extremely hard to do well in native without abandoning your own preferred playstyle. I know, i'm bad at using Knights in chess, but my enemies always use them to devastating effect, so from now on i'll play chess without any Knights on the board or i'll force new rules whenever i play where knights can only move 1 square. Suddenly i'm really good at 'chess'. That's the cRPG way.

Seems to me that you completely missed the point. But can't be bothered to elaborate why I think so. Going back to work.

Offline Guray

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Geceniz esen, göğünüz bol yıldızlı olsun.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Guray
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2015, 12:04:30 am »
Im terrible at shooting in cRPG but when I went to play native with a team in a random tournament(I never played Native before) I wanted to try archer and I was shooting headshots like nobodies business

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2015, 12:29:38 am »
A whole class useless? I still regularly get shot for ~50 % of my HP in one arrow when I'm using 52 BA (15 str, 4 if). The archers in cRPG are definitely weaker than in native though, but deservedly so, ranged in native are a joke just how strong they are. There's literally projectiles flying anywhere whenever you visit a native server that isn't siege or duel.

I doubt that cRPG players who's not used to native would do well in a native tournament unless they have someone who's already familiar with good tactics, drops etc. like Teeth stated. It's more about tactics than impressive feints or being good at fighting outnumbered. Speaking of which, fighting outnumbered in native is pretty retarded with the polearm overhead dropping the shield for a brief moment, making it borderline impossible to win, even with a shield.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2015, 12:45:49 am »
In any sport, you need to play against people who are better than you so that you learn, and people who you are better than so that you can enjoy and appreciate what you've learnt. This is the difference between siege and duel servers on native.

You only cannot use the great melee combat system to any potential in Native, if you are incapable of surviving until you get into the melee. Not like you to give up so easily just because you cannot adapt to fighting ranged without forcing yourself into a set build.

Again, i'm not sure what part of native ranged being so indomitable (according only to this forum - wimps) is proving the point that native is easy. Clearly many of you find it extremely hard to do well in native without abandoning your own preferred playstyle. I know, i'm bad at using Knights in chess, but my enemies always use them to devastating effect, so from now on i'll play chess without any Knights on the board or i'll force new rules whenever i play where knights can only move 1 square. Suddenly i'm really good at 'chess'. That's the cRPG way.
You are either not really reading what I say at all, or you are grouping me with the arguments of other people for no reason. As I emphasized before, I am making only one point and that is that competitive Native has a very limited amount of viable playstyles and that shieldless melee is never used because ranged is too good for that. This is not according to this forum and has nothing to do with me "not being able to adapt", this is something any Native competitive player will support, you do not spawn or fight without a shield. Even then ranged is incredibly dangerous and infantry do not show themselves needlessly, nor do they engage enemy infantry without having their own ranged suppressing the enemy ranged. This is factual information about what the best players in Native do in a high skill setting, surely they know better than you.

Why are you talking to me about proving the point that "native is easy"? I never argued this, in fact I very strongly argued the opposite on the first page.

Offline //saxon

• King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • I'm just to dam goood 😎
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Saxon
« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2015, 01:04:19 am »
One to many comments on how badly everyone from cRPG will lose...i'd be interested in taking part, show my face, play a few games and see what Competitive Native is all about. Though it's a money prize so i wouldn't mind winning. If archery is key to winning then bring bagge along, simple.

I wonder when anyone will reply and say something like "bagge will have no chance in Native as an archer" or something like that. I'm predicting the future right now.

Offline BlackxBird

• Duke
  • Renown: 546
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eques :3
  • Game nicks: Eques_Black_Bird, Black_Bird_I-X
« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2015, 01:20:04 am »
bagge noob. only 12 headshots on me in 16 rounds... fuck him he has no skill :P xD

Well I played native earlier and if u are able to handle a pole/2H against a team of shielders ure crazyly op! I was never really playing in a pro-team, allways in like the second league of native, but I got the overwatch in every game I play so acting to not get shot/couched was never a problem for me ;) if someone would lead a cRPG team I would absolutely like to join it :)

Offline MrNevino1

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nevino
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2015, 01:26:29 am »
Guys at this point I am makin a team with several crpg players in it, SerButts and symptom from Astralis are both in my native clan, if you actually want to play post here or pm me. As stated you need someone familiar with native to give yall a fighting chance, I was on the Nations Cup team as a cav player, the team I am making will have several experienced native players helping out so if you are interested let me know

Offline Varadin

• fite me irl
  • Duke
  • Renown: 577
  • Infamy: 353
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Serbian
    • View Profile
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/19930206800039/
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Varadin
  • IRC nick: Varadin
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2015, 04:13:14 am »
im playing native as much as crpg , think im quite decent with 1h+shield.

As i stated before if anyone makes a team im willing to give my best.

Offline MrNevino1

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nevino
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2015, 04:14:04 am »
im playing native as much as crpg , think im quite decent with 1h+shield.

As i stated before if anyone makes a team im willing to give my best.

EU or NA?

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2015, 10:49:07 am »
+1
One to many comments on how badly everyone from cRPG will lose...i'd be interested in taking part, show my face, play a few games and see what Competitive Native is all about. Though it's a money prize so i wouldn't mind winning. If archery is key to winning then bring bagge along, simple.

I wonder when anyone will reply and say something like "bagge will have no chance in Native as an archer" or something like that. I'm predicting the future right now.

bagge will have no chance in Native because it takes a full team of very well (native) trained players to take on a competitive team, not just one great archer