Author Topic: 250 man server  (Read 6141 times)

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • Renown: 90
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: NA CRPG Admin
  • Game nicks: Ecko_ATS
Re: 250 man server
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2011, 05:34:59 am »
We tested long ago if the mod would work well with that many players. The maps arn't made for it for one, and mount and blade isn't either.

Hell back in the day i only had one server with that many slots, and after a while people couldn't handle that many players connected. The box was fine.

@Meow-Not that this has anything to do with CvG, but are you just gonna give anyone the right to host a server now? Sure love seeing these 10 man servers....what a waste
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2011, 07:02:04 am »
well, there is given set of rules which you have to agree to in order to get connected, and tbh., the more servers, the better, even if small ones, on which the clans might practise some teamwork and such...anyways nice to see how many ppl are online recently, yesterday there were 115 ppl on Pecores and 107 on EU1, freaking awesome!

but i think 250slot server would burn the wooden pcs some of these guys play on :P

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2011, 07:16:43 am »
I hate to be a jerk, but don't you think you should research NA server population before commenting on the way things should be? During peak hours there are a max 200 people...split between 6-8 servers with more than 60 slots.

Now don't get me wrong, there's always people in mine and for that I'm greatfull...its the times that arnt peak hours and all servers suffer because everyone has their own.

There needs to be a limit.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2011, 07:37:18 am »
I hate to be a jerk, but don't you think you should research NA server population before commenting on the way things should be? During peak hours there are a max 200 people...split between 6-8 servers with more than 60 slots.

Now don't get me wrong, there's always people in mine and for that I'm greatfull...its the times that arnt peak hours and all servers suffer because everyone has their own.

There needs to be a limit.
I found the problem being the opposite for quite some time, we had too few servers and they would all be full and laggy. I can't wait for the ATS server boxes to stop lagging so I can enjoy them again...
Really, the server lag is omnipresent. It is bad. Id on't know how anyone plays on the NA siege, it is always full and always sooo laggy. Blocks don't happen, attacks end up holding when you click, etc.
I noticed NA peak count during weekends well over 300 on the combined servers a few times.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 07:39:33 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Snatch

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
  • Just dance
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Lady Gaga
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2011, 10:00:31 am »
I kinda agree with ecko. 250 player server would be fucking amazing to play on. I remember the 200 man EU server from several months go, and it was great. But the NA community atm is rather small. I guess ATS could shut down their siege server since their server is over worked it seems. But their siege server is rarely completely filled.

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2011, 06:24:48 pm »
I found the problem being the opposite for quite some time, we had too few servers and they would all be full and laggy. I can't wait for the ATS server boxes to stop lagging so I can enjoy them again...
Really, the server lag is omnipresent. It is bad. Id on't know how anyone plays on the NA siege, it is always full and always sooo laggy. Blocks don't happen, attacks end up holding when you click, etc.
I noticed NA peak count during weekends well over 300 on the combined servers a few times.

I've been asking of lag for the last 5 days. Players have reported it dropped almost back to normal since we removed the dtv server. Maybe you should try it again.

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2011, 06:29:09 pm »
ecko remember when there was the 200 server for that weekend of short period of time?
it lagged like a mother but damn were the bridge maps fun hahah

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2011, 06:34:53 pm »
ecko remember when there was the 200 server for that weekend of short period of time?
it lagged like a mother but damn were the bridge maps fun hahah

stress tested for 3 days...i think eu tried too. Ask some of the oldies. It happened.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2011, 08:43:45 pm »
the lag will blot out the sun.  hope you don't plan on manual blocking.

The new superservers on EU are up, is that one of them though ? That'd be sick as.

stress tested for 3 days...i think eu tried too. Ask some of the oldies. It happened.

Should start thinking of a super server~!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 08:44:47 pm by Dexxtaa »

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2011, 08:55:31 pm »
maybe it would be an idea to support a 200 men server and some small ones that can only hold 64 men and one for 32. than you would still hjave the oppertiunety to play small but also have(real) great fun!

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline SkyrayFox

• Noble
  • Renown: 19
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: SkyrayFox
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2011, 09:48:28 pm »
There was a 200 man server (Based in Germany if I'm right) back before upkeep was even introduced. Worked perfectly back then so I don't see why it would lag now.

Offline Ecko

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • Respect is earned.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2011, 06:14:16 am »
maybe it would be an idea to support a 200 men server and some small ones that can only hold 64 men and one for 32. than you would still hjave the oppertiunety to play small but also have(real) great fun!

There was a 200 man server (Based in Germany if I'm right) back before upkeep was even introduced. Worked perfectly back then so I don't see why it would lag now.

You are both getting EU mixed up with NA. A 200 man server with more than one 64 and one 32 would not even get close to being full unless there was a steam sale.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2011, 02:49:05 am »
So what's the deal with this server? Is it connected to the DB yet? I sit in it sometimes and wait, hoping others will get sick of the lag on the current siege box and give it a try, but nobody ever comes.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Flawless

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Cavalieres Co-Founder and Commander
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Flawless and Cavalieres_Undead
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2011, 05:46:25 am »
So, we should populate this server, it seems to be up on the data base

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2011, 06:09:36 am »
The experience and gold is connected, and it works. So you should get it if you play on that server. It's a shame the admins and players who run the server are so new to this game they don't even know what's going on though.