Author Topic: Dark Souls 3  (Read 90115 times)

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
Re: Dark Souls 3
« Reply #825 on: March 29, 2017, 12:11:56 am »
Those angels tho !

Anyone tried PvP with the new gear? The paired greatswords seem pretty ridiculous
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #826 on: March 29, 2017, 05:57:14 am »
Those angels tho !

Anyone tried PvP with the new gear? The paired greatswords seem pretty ridiculous

Dark souls 3 pvp suffers from the same thing for honor did, defensive play is too good. So, not me at least, but i was saddened with the lack of sorceries added, hoping for something to spice up pvp.

Also yeah, evil angels are pretty cool indeed. The ringed knights are pretty sick too, some of the designs in this dlc were top notch. I hade little faith in this game as a whole, but this DLC might redeem it, and increase its replay value a slight bit.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 06:02:51 am by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Rest_in_Peace

• Count
  • Renown: 171
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild
  • Game nicks: Rest_in_Peace
« Reply #827 on: March 29, 2017, 11:35:23 am »
So I only have a ng 5+ char which im halfway through the game with. Do I have to kill soul of cinder to actually play the dlc?

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: March 29, 2017, 01:49:09 pm »
+1
So I only have a ng 5+ char which im halfway through the game with. Do I have to kill soul of cinder to actually play the dlc?

Nah, you can get there from the first dlc via a new bonfire in the chapel where you fight Sister Friede.

PvP is at least a bit more fun now with the improved match making, can finally queue up with friends for 2v2/3v3 etc.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #829 on: March 31, 2017, 04:08:10 pm »
Lack of added magics is another large sign of the racism going on at fromsoftware against people of magic. Only 2 trash ones added, though there is a cool int+dex based weapon out now. Solid DLC still, but it didnt carrry ds3 to any better position, its still just meh souls.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1809
  • Infamy: 906
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 01, 2017, 12:38:29 am »
+2
Magic build was way too OP in the first game. Which I don't mind but every game fail when it comes to depiction of mage/sorcerer. In video games it takes equal time to wield sword and cast magic. Realistically done, mage in game would always be a joke because of time spent playing it. Magic has way higher ceiling but you need more time to reach it. Compression of time and class balancing make it that in games mage is either a wimp of instant God.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #831 on: April 02, 2017, 05:43:25 pm »
+3
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 04, 2017, 08:35:35 pm »
+2

Amazingly interesting video on Dark souls 3s lore. Couldnt recommend it more, it really puts things into perspective, and really helps me follow Miyazakis goal of storytelling through the visuals of the world. Sooo many statues that i barely pay attention to, but they speak volumes of what has happened or is happening.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 405
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 04, 2017, 09:20:54 pm »
+2
That's the thing I like the most in Dark Souls. Sure, combat is great. But thing that stands out is level design and use of visual cues to tell the story. After Dark Souls I lost interest in games that tell you the story through babbling NPCs who happen to pull you (complete random stranger) by your sleeve just to tell you something very important, because telling some secret to a someone you meet for the first time is the way things work...

Being isolated in hell which Dark Souls depicts so well and having to rely on monuments to understand what the hell happened made the game feel so real in comparison with pretty much everything else. It made me feel like I'm playing Gothic again.

Story of female pyromancer who is also mother of two cursed daughters from the first game is one of the finest examples of storytelling in video games.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 09:26:37 pm by Leshma »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: April 05, 2017, 10:11:52 am »
+3
That's the thing I like the most in Dark Souls. Sure, combat is great. But thing that stands out is level design and use of visual cues to tell the story. After Dark Souls I lost interest in games that tell you the story through babbling NPCs who happen to pull you (complete random stranger) by your sleeve just to tell you something very important, because telling some secret to a someone you meet for the first time is the way things work...

HEY STRANGER IVE NEVER MET YOU BUT PLEASE SAVE US AND BECOME THE HERO OF THIS CITY
> YES
> NO
> MAYBE
> FUNNY

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #835 on: April 05, 2017, 12:51:27 pm »
+1
HEY STRANGER IVE NEVER MET YOU BUT PLEASE SAVE US AND BECOME THE HERO OF THIS CITY
> YES
> NO
> MAYBE
> FUNNY
I don´t know about 1 and 2, but chances are high that in DS3 you´re everything else than a simple stranger
it´s just a theory, but quite a good one

Shit actually makes sense in DS, even the bossfights, that´s why it´s so good. And that´s why I haven´t understood the complete lore yet

I´m surprised that nobody has shown his DS3-ePeen yet, show your ingame glory this instant!
(click to show/hide)

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 05, 2017, 02:28:08 pm »
Game theories ewww (never seen them but OneyNG keeps making fun of them so im assuming they suck).

Going to make a new build, an oolacile archer character. Unfortunately there is no oolacile wand, but there is a similar looking one, and i didnt know what bow to use at first, but apparently they added an oolacile bow in the 2nd dlc (White Birch Bow).

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 06, 2017, 12:16:47 am »
I watched this the other day. The theory kind of hinges on the fact that you have to fight a boss at the end of an area. I would also argue there's no evidence that Anri, Siegwind, and Hawkwood are ashen. Being ashen, at one point your character tried to link the flame and was burnt to ash, generations before the current age of fire. I like the pretty basic idea that your starting class determines your backstory.

I watched this one the other day, its a pretty neat interpretation of the Deep. Before this, I always imagined it as some sort of esoteric opposite to the abyss. Don't really like his interpretation once he hits the pilgrim section, though.

Damn stoner, i posted that just earlier.

So i started my new character, got to greatwood, got bored and booted up dark souls 1. Best souls 1.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 06, 2017, 02:41:45 am »
I actually really dig all the funk remixes on pineapples videos, better than the memes.

lol 3 min 40s sums up 88% of dark souls community and "lore". didnt watch the rest LOL.gif
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 02:47:07 am by Banok »

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 06, 2017, 05:47:41 am »
I'm about to do another DS1 playthrough - do you guys use DSfix? (Assuming you're playing on PC).

DS1 is great, but I was getting like 20fps last time I played it. Is DS1 60fps a thing?