Author Topic: Dark Souls 3  (Read 97700 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls 3
« Reply #705 on: May 04, 2016, 12:44:03 pm »
+1
I have to doublepost because you people are neglecting this thread.

There's a funny trick when it comes to weapon arts and FP. Apparently you only need 1 FP to successfully execute a fully effective weapon art. This way you can put a Simple Gem on your offhand that restores 1FP/5sec on +0 (goes faster on higher reinforcement). Which means essentially you have infinite weapon art.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #706 on: May 04, 2016, 01:35:28 pm »
I have to doublepost because you people are neglecting this thread.

There's a funny trick when it comes to weapon arts and FP. Apparently you only need 1 FP to successfully execute a fully effective weapon art. This way you can put a Simple Gem on your offhand that restores 1FP/5sec on +0 (goes faster on higher reinforcement). Which means essentially you have infinite weapon art.

Bad game, I am going back to Dark Souls one
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #707 on: May 04, 2016, 01:53:23 pm »
I have to say the areas drag more in this one than I've found before. Though I think that's in part because my current build sucks balls. I've gone with a spear build and the damage out put is crap. Seriously looking forward to picking up some of the better spears later but at the moment after just passing the catacombs I'm struggling with the bog standard one.

There are a couple of spears I want to try but I'm wary of investing scales into them to upgrade them due to the limited number.

It was less of an issue with my previous 2 builds. Maybe it's just the catacombs sucking my soul into the blackness. One of my least favourite areas for sure.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
« Reply #708 on: May 04, 2016, 02:00:14 pm »
Have tried almost every possible combination of attributes and weapon types between my 4 chars and 200+ hours of playing. Trying a dragon-warrior now :) A refined lothric sword and lothric shield, 40/40 str/dex, 30 vigor, 30 end.
I feel rather squishy obviously, but I look damn good and dem shield parry counters are awesome! Need to find that hornet ring though before my dragon can truly shine.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 04, 2016, 02:07:13 pm »
+1
Have tried almost every possible combination of attributes and weapon types between my 4 chars and 200+ hours of playing. Trying a dragon-warrior now :) A refined lothric sword and lothric shield, 40/40 str/dex, 30 vigor, 30 end.
I feel rather squishy obviously, but I look damn good and dem shield parry counters are awesome! Need to find that hornet ring though before my dragon can truly shine.

I'm currently running a female bleed char named PMS. Focusing LUCK and DEX (in addition to VIG and END, ofc). Warden Twinblades, the bleed is real.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 04, 2016, 02:35:57 pm »
I'm currently running a female bleed char named PMS. Focusing LUCK and DEX (in addition to VIG and END, ofc). Warden Twinblades, the bleed is real.

Have tested high luck and bleed, but it wasn't something for me... Had a hollow small leather shield as an offhand for the luck bonus, and tested a few quick weapons - bleeding took too long to kick in imo. And not that I'm 100% sure, but as I understood, luck only adds to amount of bleeding damage, not to the "accumulating speed". Did 10+ PvP duels and wasn't impressed at all, Imo they need to adjust the bleed weapon base damage. Same raw weapon with a resin applied will do waaaay more damage.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #711 on: May 04, 2016, 03:04:43 pm »
+1
I have to say the areas drag more in this one than I've found before. Though I think that's in part because my current build sucks balls. I've gone with a spear build and the damage out put is crap. Seriously looking forward to picking up some of the better spears later but at the moment after just passing the catacombs I'm struggling with the bog standard one.

There are a couple of spears I want to try but I'm wary of investing scales into them to upgrade them due to the limited number.

It was less of an issue with my previous 2 builds. Maybe it's just the catacombs sucking my soul into the blackness. One of my least favourite areas for sure.
Eventually (as in end of game with the hidden areas), you can buy unlimited titanite shards, large titanite shards, titanite chuncks, twinkling titanite and titanite scales. Meaning you can get anything to +9/+4 (boss/special weapons).
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 04, 2016, 03:07:06 pm »
Have tested high luck and bleed, but it wasn't something for me... Had a hollow small leather shield as an offhand for the luck bonus, and tested a few quick weapons - bleeding took too long to kick in imo. And not that I'm 100% sure, but as I understood, luck only adds to amount of bleeding damage, not to the "accumulating speed". Did 10+ PvP duels and wasn't impressed at all, Imo they need to adjust the bleed weapon base damage. Same raw weapon with a resin applied will do waaaay more damage.

Luck improves the rate at which bleed builds up, from wiki:
Bleed Rate: Luck affects the rate at which Bleed builds up on targets.

Carthus Rogue (the item to buff bleed on a weapon) about doubles that rate, much better than infusing your weapon with Bleed. So Hollow infuse both your Mainhand and Offhand to get the extra Luck (+10). You need to be Hollowed as well. The amount of bleed damage depends on the Bleed stat of the weapon (for most weapons that is 33, which means 33% of max hp). Then you just need a fast weapon that comes stock with bleed, enter Warden Twinblades.

et voila

If this isn't insane bleed buildup then I don't know what is.

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: May 04, 2016, 03:18:37 pm »
Luck improves the rate at which bleed builds up, from wiki:
Carthus Rogue (the item to buff bleed on a weapon) about doubles that rate, much better than infusing your weapon with Bleed. So Hollow infuse both your Mainhand and Offhand to get the extra Luck (+10). You need to be Hollowed as well. The amount of bleed damage depends on the Bleed stat of the weapon (for most weapons that is 33, which means 33% of max hp). Then you just need a fast weapon that comes stock with bleed, enter Warden Twinblades.

et voila

If this isn't insane bleed buildup then I don't know what is.

Oh, I see :) it means I haven't done it right then... I was testing a bleed longsword, spear and that eastern curved greatsword Momondau or whatever the fck it's called, and a hollow offhand. Haven't even thought about Carthus stuff... Hmmm

EDIT:

Btw Guys, whom do you despise more - Katana or Dark Sword users?.. Assuming they are obviously wearing Fallen Knight set, a kite/crest shield and a fire buff.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 04:26:17 pm by Armpit_Sweat »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #714 on: May 04, 2016, 05:35:42 pm »
+1
Oh, I see :) it means I haven't done it right then... I was testing a bleed longsword, spear and that eastern curved greatsword Momondau or whatever the fck it's called, and a hollow offhand. Haven't even thought about Carthus stuff... Hmmm

EDIT:

Btw Guys, whom do you despise more - Katana or Dark Sword users?.. Assuming they are obviously wearing Fallen Knight set, a kite/crest shield and a fire buff.

Katana, at least dark swords are a new thing from the other games (it sucked in DS1). Katana is just gross and has always been top tier, its just bland and boring.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 05:39:38 pm by Gravoth_iii »
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 04, 2016, 06:14:12 pm »
+1

Straight swords are fotm and are generally lame but nothing beats the cancer of a Katana ghost range running stab.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 06:21:10 pm by Vibe »

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: May 04, 2016, 08:08:30 pm »
The estoc is the most annoying weapon to fight against.

The best part of the game was wearing light colors and getting dirty.
And how!

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #717 on: May 04, 2016, 08:18:49 pm »
I havent pvpd that much so far, but ive had a handful of fights, and ive not really had a struggle with either straightswords or estocs. Just gotta bait em out, or trade hits with higher dmg. Or cheese with magic, soul mass baiting a roll then run attack follow up is ez pz.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 04, 2016, 09:00:54 pm »
Top used PvP weapon is katana type. Fishing pole for those who have no shame at all.
Dark sword is the only straight sword that is being used often. May be Astora from time to time, but I can't recall anyone with a broad or longsword, even though I had over 50 tongues, and a dozen of forked tongues on this dragon char alone, before trading them in for the luck staff.
Second most popular weapon type are those claymore clones - black knight, Astora greatsword, boss soul greatswords etc. They are very similar imo. That eastern curved greatsword is popular too.
Hammers, axes and spears are nowhere to be seen. No more than 1 of 10 are using those.
"Super heavy" weapons are rare too. There are a few who knows how to use them, but I imagine that sky high str/dex and weight are too intimidating.
I had a fight with a guy who used a "normal" Greatsword, and he was very good with it - killed me twice, and I felt powerless against him.

Yeah, and almost everyone is using a fire buff before the fight. Magic on rare occasions. A few used dark, but never lightning. Seriously, haven't seen lightning bolts being used a single time in PvP. although most shields and armor have shitty lightning res... Lightning used to be very popular in previous DS games.

That is of course my own experience, but I had, without a doubt, few hundred PvP encounters by now.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #719 on: May 05, 2016, 12:40:26 am »
Twinswords are also a super popular "straight sword" weapon, although I can see if you don't count it as one since it's a dual wield weapon.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia