Author Topic: Dark Souls 3  (Read 88883 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Souls 3
« Reply #540 on: April 18, 2016, 06:21:48 pm »
I don't know what they mean when they say a 'Souls' game. Is it an actual Dark Souls 4 or is it a Souls-type game with a theme change ala Bloodborne. I'm guessing the latter.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #541 on: April 18, 2016, 07:03:29 pm »
http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/dark_souls_3/news/dark_souls_3_isnt_the_last_game_in_the_series_miyazaki_clarifies.html

Huh, i was sure 3 would be the last one. Oh well, im not complaining.

It's been said for a while it won't be the last one. From what I remember where he said it was was a long time ago and kind of misquoted/interpreted (may be totally wrong).

Anyway I'm slowly plodding through this one at the moment. I haven't had much time to sink hours into it since release. Just beat the Dancer. Took me like 20 tries.

Aldrich was also an absolute bitch.

Really sucks lacking the heavy armour at the moment. I find most of the bosses require the ability to dodge and move fast. You just can't tank them. But can't wear the heavier armour as it just wrecks equipment load unlike either of the previous games. They nerfed tanking for DS2 and just feels like they've gone one step further and nerfed it again.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:15:00 pm by Overdriven »

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #542 on: April 18, 2016, 07:42:15 pm »
Sorcery looks fun but I hear it has shit scaling until like 50+ INT to prevent hybrid builds. Would be interesting to make/try, the early game would be rough.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: April 18, 2016, 07:45:07 pm »
Aldrich was also an absolute bitch.

I thought it was one of the easier bosses. Also try to spoiler boss names huh?

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: April 18, 2016, 07:52:44 pm »
the arrow attack on the aldrich is super cheap, it was basically completely unavoidable death half the time.

and aldritch being a boss name isn't really even a spoiler its in the fucken opening trailer and on the throne description in firelink ;)

I found the red eye orb yesterday and immediately proceeded to be ganked at least 10+ times in a row. Being invaded is a lot more fun than invading it seems. People are such pricks as well, I've never had someone use the "well, what is it?" gesture because they beat me effortlessly, it's always after they almost die themselves even though the odds were in their favor.

I spawn into someone's world and I have to run all the way to the first bonfire just to find three of them on the bridge. After a brief stand off a blue shows up on the opposite side of the bridge and I'm pincered.

invasions have never been more fun imo. they were pretty much always free kills before.

Alot of invasions you are 1 v 3, but I still win the majority. you have alot of tools you can use.

1. often back up will come if just wait and Ive had some crazy fights with like 7 people n stuff. invade in covenant areas = more allies to kill host.
2. you gotta use the monsters, the amount of times 3 guys chase me when they are winning into some hard monsters then I rape host or even all of them.
3. you can use the hunters charms and chug yourself, super cheap but effective
4. if you go mounds covenant often you only need to kill 1 phantom to win, so in that 3v1 you kill 1 phantom and gloat to host then get ported back. can also be really fun in areas where there are all kinds of phantoms like farron's as you can switch sides and kill other invaders.

I'm currently wrecking shit on my lvl 29 sorcerer. its true that spells got nerfed alot in ds3. but the piercing sword moveset is so OP in pvp. people dodge my shiity spells then run into my magic weapon'd rapier which is nearly 300 damage ;)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 10:22:52 pm by Banok »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: April 18, 2016, 08:07:45 pm »
the arrow attack on the aldrich is super cheap, it was basically completely unavoidable death half the time.

and aldritch being a boss name isn't really even a spoiler its in the fucken opening trailer and on the throne description in firelink ;)

invasions have never been more fun imo. they were pretty much always free kills before.

Alot of invasions you are 1 v 3, but I still win the majority. you have alot of tools you can use.

1. often back up will come if just wait and Ive had some crazy fights with like 7 people n stuff.
2. you gotta use the monsters, the amount of times 3 guys chase me when they are winning into some hard monsters then I rape host or even all of them.
3. you can use the hunters charms and chug yourself, super cheap but effective
4. if you go mounds covenant often you only need to kill 1 phantom to win, so in that 3v1 you kill 1 phantom and gloat to host then get ported back. can also be really fun in areas where there are all kinds of phantoms like farron's as you can switch sides and kill other invaders.

I'm currently wrecking shit on my lvl 29 sorcerer. its true that spells got nerfed alot in ds3. but the piercing sword moveset is so OP in pvp. people dodge my shiity spells then run into my magic weapon'd rapier which is nearly 300 damage ;)

Yeah invasions are hard if you get competent people with a million summons at their side. Most of the time they're just stupid though and think they can roll over me when I can cleave their asses hard. Enough to at least kill a phantom or two to get the win as a Mound Maker.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 10:05:10 pm by Vibe »

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #546 on: April 18, 2016, 11:21:47 pm »
About to make a new caster character, something like a conjurer where soul greatswords are in focus. SeemsGood, black bow of pharis build was fun too, ill be wrapping it up as well for some parry instagibs. Unfortunately the bow just seems too slow and with no arrow tracking, it wont do shit in pvp without legit MLG hardscope shots.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 545
  • Infamy: 661
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: April 18, 2016, 11:38:23 pm »
Mech souls

In some of his earlier interviews, Miyazaki mentioned he's interested in sci-fi and ninjas. Cyberninjas, sounds incredibly corny but in his hands could turn to be awesome. Seems like many big companies will give medieval/gothic theme a break and go with cyberpunk/space themes.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: April 18, 2016, 11:41:07 pm »
+1
My riposte oneshot gear, the axe does massive damage (~650 at SL100).
(click to show/hide)

My pyromancer alt Kunta Kinte, burned his skin with failed pyromancies. Or maybe he was born that way.
(click to show/hide)

The only problem with the axe riposte build is that people know it's slow af and literally all they do the entire fight is roll around and fish for backstabs. Makes fights really boring because there's really nothing you can do against constant rolling, except maybe a lucky delayed hit.

Offline Golem

• Earl
  • Renown: 466
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: rektlessHEMPrincess
« Reply #549 on: April 19, 2016, 01:05:38 am »
My riposte oneshot gear, the axe does massive damage (~650 at SL100).
(click to show/hide)

My pyromancer alt Kunta Kinte, burned his skin with failed pyromancies. Or maybe he was born that way.
(click to show/hide)

The only problem with the axe riposte build is that people know it's slow af and literally all they do the entire fight is roll around and fish for backstabs. Makes fights really boring because there's really nothing you can do against constant rolling, except maybe a lucky delayed hit.

You can backstep and parry them, when they try to backstab you.
This is about being straight out retarded. Children see in slow motion like owls.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: April 19, 2016, 01:10:53 am »
I would be in favor of more Armored Core if they go back to mechanics like they had for the PS2 era.
And how!

Offline Shemaforash

• Duke
  • Renown: 533
  • Infamy: 169
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Shemaforash
« Reply #551 on: April 19, 2016, 02:49:29 am »
+1
me invading some cuties today
(click to show/hide)
You should be punished for having a shitty attitude.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: April 19, 2016, 03:03:46 am »
I'm having a bit of a hard time finding a groove with the pvp in this iteration even though I considered myself well above average in DkS2; based solely on getting to rank 2 in the BoB on two different characters with less than 10 losses (and one at an SM just under 500k). The estus chugging is just too much for me, I might have to consider some quick weapon in the left hand just to attempt to punish it when they inevitably start running away.

I did have one nice incident where we were fighting and chugging, we both backed up a bit and then after a moment chugged the rest of whatever we had and resumed the fight.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 03:07:39 am by SixThumbs »
And how!

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: April 19, 2016, 08:36:17 am »
+1
I'm having a bit of a hard time finding a groove with the pvp in this iteration even though I considered myself well above average in DkS2; based solely on getting to rank 2 in the BoB on two different characters with less than 10 losses (and one at an SM just under 500k). The estus chugging is just too much for me, I might have to consider some quick weapon in the left hand just to attempt to punish it when they inevitably start running away.

I did have one nice incident where we were fighting and chugging, we both backed up a bit and then after a moment chugged the rest of whatever we had and resumed the fight.

If you want to duel (with no chuggers) you have to go to the Pontiff area and place down your red soapstone. That's where the fight club is at the moment.

Offline IR_Kuoin

• King
  • Renown: 1761
  • Infamy: 331
  • cRPG Player
  • What too write here?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigåde
  • Game nicks: KuoiN, Ziath
  • IRC nick: Simply Kuoin
« Reply #554 on: April 19, 2016, 08:37:27 am »
If you're running heavy weapons / slow weapons  you should always have a small sidearm that's fast. You'll burn yourself needlessly if you try to finish off a guy with 20 hp when you're swinging around a slow weapon. Also, throwing knives. They never expect that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login