Author Topic: maximum level?  (Read 4073 times)

Offline Tjerner

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
maximum level?
« on: May 25, 2011, 01:51:09 pm »
As topic says, whats the maximum level u can gain?

head someone say 35, other places it said 38.

But still most builds i see is for level 31?

Thanks for the help :)

Offline Phazey

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Phaz, Merc_Phazh, Merc_Phazhe, Merc_Phazhey and Merc_Phazey
  • IRC nick: Phazh
Re: maximum level?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 03:10:25 pm »
Hardcap at 35 i believe.

You might go for a level 33 character if you have no life. :wink:

But i'd recommend building characters for level 30 and retiring them at level 31 for heirlooms.

Look at this: http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm you can calculate how many hours it would take...

Offline Tjerner

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 04:31:29 pm »
ohh i see, thats a very steep xp curve :)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 04:43:32 pm »
Hardcap at 35 i believe.

But i'd recommend building characters for level 30 and retiring them at level 31 for heirlooms.

Look at this: http://infinitum.dyndns.org/crpg/calc.htm you can calculate how many hours it would take...

35 is the soft cap, 40 is the hardcap (or a few people I know are cheating).

The xp curve actually is manageable considering the stupid high generations of a lot of players. The time merely keeps doubling, so the time to get from 1-30 is the same to get from 30 to 31, then double that time to get to level 32, then double that time to get to level 33 etc. Most people who do not intend on retiring plan a level 35 build.

You are basically making a simple choice; do I want heirlooms and a small xp bonus or do I want a high level? I would personalyl reccomend you keep retiring to test out the build you want and to get heirlooms (mainly to test out what you want) before trying to go for the 31+ levels, as it is a commitment where a single mistake on spending your points will make you wince.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 04:49:30 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 08:23:13 pm »
At 3% xp bonus per gen and a cap at 1450 for x1 for xp bonus, almost no one can reach level 35 at this point.  Plan for 32-33 maybe.  Also, the infinitum figures are off, its actually 81 million to get to level 34.  Its actually a little more than double for each new level and 31 is considered a soft cap, with the exponentional xp requirement and not a hard cap preventing levelling after that (who can really make 10 billion xp to get to level 40, lol).
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 08:26:25 pm by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 10:31:31 pm »
Well, who can be Gen 91? Oh snap.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I already know two people past level 37, believe it or not... So level 35 is merely about 10 Gens of work, doable imo.

Makes you think.... How many thousands of hours are people willing to put in?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 11:02:48 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2011, 12:03:55 am »
35 is the soft cap, 40 is the hardcap

Bs.

I already know two people past level 37, believe it or not...

Bs.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 12:05:38 am by Vargas »

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2011, 01:35:57 am »
Well, who can be Gen 91? Oh snap.  :lol: :lol: :lol:

I already know two people past level 37, believe it or not... So level 35 is merely about 10 Gens of work, doable imo.

Makes you think.... How many thousands of hours are people willing to put in?

let me put it very simply, your friends telling you they are level 37 are full of crap.  There is a ranking system based on your amount of experience (so your level), I am currently ranked #1 in all of cRPG and I will never even see level 36 if I played for the next 2 years under the current xp system.  Getting to level 35 alone is the equivalent of 20-25 gens, which under the current xp system is like 40-50 weeks if you play a decent amount.  Each level is roughly 2.1x of all the previous levels combined, trying to get to level 36 would be equal to 90-110 weeks playing the same character at the same level (who wouldn't get bored occasionally and just do an alt).  level 37 would be 200 to 225 weeks.  Honestly if anyone could grind it out for four years to get those 2 extra levels, I say more power to them, let them enjoy it, I know I certainly wouldn't have the patience.

P.S. I am gen 31 now, my max xp is 1450 (capped) at x1.  Anyone gen 15 or over makes the exact same amount of xp, 45% more than a gen 1 player, thats not enough to make a big difference when youa re talking hundreds of millions of xp for level 35+.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 01:40:53 am by Keshian »
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 02:21:38 am »
The xp curve actually is manageable considering the stupid high generations of a lot of players. The time merely keeps doubling, so the time to get from 1-30 is the same to get from 30 to 31, then double that time to get to level 32, then double that time to get to level 33 etc. Most people who do not intend on retiring plan a level 35 build.
Umm..did you miss the recent patch that effectively nerfed both retiring and leveling? While that might have been true before the patch that drove many people from the came, it sure as hell isn't now.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 02:24:54 am »
Umm..did you miss the recent patch that effectively nerfed both retiring and leveling? While that might have been true before the patch that drove many people from the came, it sure as hell isn't now.

I am sorely tempted to say yes.

Offline Earthdforce

• Earl
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Earth_Geodude_da_Defender, _RageThrower
  • IRC nick: Khalestimo#7613
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2011, 03:00:15 am »
I am sorely tempted to say yes.
I wish it wasn't so :\

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2011, 06:24:55 am »
The experience system has not always been as it is now. With the earlier system when you could get 10-15k (or way more) exp per tick at x5. I could have easily stopped at gen 6 and instead of retiring to gen 12, been lvl 34. Those are low numbers for the true grinders. POST-patch, yes, you are correct that lvl 35 will take many moons, but given that not everyone retired every chance they got, they retained the experience from when experience gains were astronomical. The only question is what the top level was when they re-factored experience with the retirement nerf patch.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Espu

• The good
  • Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Espu
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2011, 10:06:06 am »
I am currently ranked #1 in all of cRPG and I will never even see level 36 if I played for the next 2 years under the current xp system

I can't really share player info but this is true. Negates all Tearsofdestiny-bs about lvl 37's. Kthxbye.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2011, 06:47:49 pm »
Shame, I was planning a retort this morning claiming that a combination of the game code (insert here about excuse of how I obtained it) and a reliable souce "prove" Kesh and Vargas wrong about the ranking system and that it is actually based on a K/D ratio and what not... Not really needed anymore.

To The Original Poster:
I do apologize for tracking mud all over your thread, as well as spouting constant streams of drivelous bullshit. You best listen to primarily Phazey all things considered when he said
Hardcap at 35 i believe.

Have a good day.  :wink:

EDIT: Oh and an apology to Kesh, I did not anticipate you participating in this thread, so I am sorry that you bothered wasting time on a serious reply.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 06:50:24 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »