Author Topic: Italians, tell me what to get when im in Rome. Food.  (Read 2667 times)

Offline Lars

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: Italians, tell me what to get when im in Rome. Food.
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2015, 08:29:13 am »
Do not take me for some follower of post hoc logical fallacy, my good man. i shall demonstrate to you.

As you can see by the following pictures, all of which are paintings dating back to the time the Roman empire ruled half the known world, so this is nothing if not historical evidence:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The Romans depicted themselves of consuming nothing in their cave painting art, but olives and wine. both of which are very important to Italian culture, even in today's times.

now, Look towards both WWs that savage this great universe. judging by the Italians performance during WW1, and sub-sequentially, the the fascist black shirts in WW2. we notice how poorly the area performs against the modernize opposing sides during that time period. Not only that, but take a look at the arms and weapons the Italians used during the conflicts, poor materials, poor craftsmanship. outdated weapons, tanks outclassed in many respects. is a clear indication that the pizza-eaters are slow to advance, whether its technological or cultural

so, now that we have concluded the people of Mario-brothers ville are slow and stubborn, We can safely assume, that

A. Italians have not progressed culturally enough to expand into a wider palette of cuisines
B. Drawing from Conclusion A and the above shown primary evidence, that the small palette of available will consist of nothing but Olives and wine.

This is the only logically explanation, and frankly, anyone who disagrees is nothing but a moronic twat and a non-gentleman.

My dear sir,  when Jesus Christ came back from America in 1492, he brought tomatoes, pumpkins and beans in Rome, so it is  safe to assume that nowadays, you will find nothing else to eat or drink in Italy except beans, tomatoes, pumpkins and ofc wine and  olives.

In WW1 Italy didn't perform  as badly as some may think, at the end, them italians soldiers defeated my ancestors  and conquered their land  (central powers got ganked). They won , probably using some black magic,  you can't possibly win against the most agile and  better looking people of the alps  without using sum dark spells.  I tell you, they summoned ündead and shit . Many  historians think that some high priests of the catholic church made a secret deal with the necromancers sect  of Rome, apparently the priests  promised them that they  would not be persecuted by Jesus Christ  anymore, if  the necromancers convinced the sneaky undeads (who at the time lived in the dungeons) to steal weapons  from the Austro-Hungarians and German soldiers; some people believe  that's why today there are many necromancy schools in Rome.

Seriously,  Italy's army in WW1 wasn't that bad, the soldiers had more or  less the same weapons technology-wise of the other armies. It  also was  the  the biggest army Italy has ever had since  the unification in 1861, almost twice more soldiers than in ww2.  Around one third of  Austro-Hungarian casualties in ww1 occurred on the italian or alpine front.  In ww2 the italian army was indeed a total joke.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
Re: Italians, tell me what to get when im in Rome. Food.
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2015, 11:07:15 pm »
+6
Alright so I'm back with a kind of follow up

.. Spent almost 100 euros in http://www.volpetti.com/

:D serious food heaven there.. Got Bresaola, salami, some goat cheese, Pecorino, olive oils.. some olives and sundried tomatoes. In that shop they throw food after you, let you taste anything, but ofc. charges plenty for their excellent goods.

Generally had a very nice stay in Rome, altough I got a serious cold and had to sit alone in a small hot room for 24h with just my phone and italian tv.. (ok, and my penis.)

Anyway, was good. 10/10

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.