Author Topic: Sleep paralysis  (Read 4721 times)

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
Sleep paralysis
« on: March 30, 2015, 09:35:52 am »
+4
have you ever had sleep paralysis?
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Sleep paralysis
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 10:34:40 am »
+2
Explain, EXPLAIN!

(I could google, but I wont)

Most scary shit that can happen to you in bed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Offline WarLord

• Earl
  • Renown: 354
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 10:40:22 am »
+3
The question is a bit misleading. I bet you mean "did you ever woke up while still in sleep paralysis/did you ever experience sleep paralysis while being awake or waking up"  :wink:

Sleep paralysis happens to every human every single night, simply means your muscles relax so your body doesn't perform what you dream. At least it's like that for certain phases of sleep, there are phases where your muscles are active and move. I'm not an expert of course  :mrgreen:

So, normally the paralysis ends the moment you wake up, but sometimes not, and that leads to things like the person thinking he's falling/dieyng/drowning/suffocating, and it also can lead to dreams projecting into "reality" so your seeing/hearing things in your room that scare you, also it can lead to the phenomenons luzid dream and "dream in dream in dream ..."

And yes, I had that quite often in puberty, and also a few times in the last 10 years, but can't remember the last time, must be years ago. FOr me it always was: Lying in bed, knowing you are/should be awake, not able to move, only eyes, and then I always heard/saw thing moving in my room that werent there of course, and sometimes it took minutes (that felt like half an hour) until I was able to move. Frightening.

Offline Vovka

• King
  • Renown: 1174
  • Infamy: 240
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Druzhina
  • Game nicks: Druzhina_Vovka
  • IRC nick: Vovka
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 11:13:51 am »
+5
Most scary shit that can happen to you in bed ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
worse than to wake up after a drunken party with two fat guys?  :P
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 12:06:20 pm »
Tens of times in my childhood and once a few years ago. And that latest one was somehow the scariest.

Offline Lennu

• Marshall
  • Renown: 774
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Lennu
  • IRC nick: Lennu_
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 12:49:16 pm »
+4
Happens to me every now and then. I wake up to the feeling that I can't move or make a sound, so for a few secs all I do is try to raise my hands and yell random shit. Then SNAP, it's over and I'm probably quite a sight when I bounce out of my bed like a maniac yelling MITÄ VITTUA?!?!  :lol:

Not a pleasant way to wake up.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 01:24:17 pm »
I have read somewhere that there is a very great chance it might happen if you fall asleep lying on your back. Sideways or face down and it probably won't happen again.

Offline Austrian

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1117
  • Infamy: 126
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Bro's are Bro's, forever.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Brotherhood
  • Game nicks: Austriano, Faust, Nestea
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 01:42:44 pm »
+5

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 02:47:47 pm »
+3
Sleep paralysis is a phenomenon in which a person, either falling asleep or awakening, temporarily experiences an inability to move, speak or react. It is a transitional state between wakefulness and sleep, characterized by complete muscle atonia (muscle weakness). It is often accompanied by terrifying hallucinations (such as an intruder in the room) to which one is unable to react due to paralysis, and physical experiences (such as strong current running through the upper body). One hypothesis is that it results from disrupted REM sleep, which normally induces complete muscle atonia to prevent sleepers from acting out their dreams. Sleep paralysis has been linked to disorders such as narcolepsy, migraines, anxiety disorders, and obstructive sleep apnea; however, it can also occur in isolation.
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2015, 02:50:27 pm »
+5

And how!

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2015, 03:03:12 pm »
You'd think the "paralysis" part would be self-explanatory, but judging by some replies in this thread apparently not.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline WarLord

• Earl
  • Renown: 354
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2015, 03:07:24 pm »
+2
Oh, is that the thing where you're kinda semi-asleep and you suddenly feel like you're falling/lurching and then you're fully awake? I got that quite a bit back in the day, but never anything proper like genuine paralysis after waking.

Yeah, thats the "light" version of it, a very short experience before you are fully awake and have control over your muscles again.  :D

pogosan

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2015, 04:17:26 pm »
+1

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2015, 05:28:52 pm »
+3
I've had it happen a few times. Usually feel as if there is someone or some thing present in the room and I have to stay perfectly still until it leaves (or it will get me? I dunno it's dream logic man). Once my half-awake mind hallucinated a man standing next to my bed. I was laying sideways and only saw the torso but it was wearing a long dirty coat and would probably have been 9 feet tall if it was real / I could see the rest of the body. Filled me with a sense of dread until my body unfroze itself.

Interesting how being awake and paralyzed trips all these alarms in your brain and makes you feel like something REALLY BAD IS GONNA HAPPEN! ITS GONNA GET YOUUUUU

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2015, 05:34:28 pm »
+1
Nope. Probably because i cry myself to sleep in a fetal position.