Author Topic: Late saturday afternoon...  (Read 2352 times)

Offline Fuma Kotaro

• Marshall
  • Renown: 839
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm Fubadubbaduma
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Duck
  • Game nicks: Fuma + sth
  • IRC nick: sF_Leonidas
Re: Late saturday afternoon...
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2015, 05:24:10 pm »
+1
After the 30 other threads about the game dying I can safely say, yeah. We get it.

Now imagine if you went ingame instead of shitposting on the forum? Sounds good tbh
i cant
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2015, 07:12:05 pm »
After the 30 other threads about the game dying I can safely say, yeah. We get it.

Now imagine if you went ingame instead of shitposting on the forum? Sounds good tbh

No, you really dont. after so many threads, you'd think you would join the "please make fixes" club. instead you seem to still blame the players? for not being ingame? when we have thread after thread telling you... the game currently sucks.

thread after thread of player complaints on both the NA and EU side...if you "get it" that the game is bad, why would you expect people to play it?

games dont have to die off, its all a matter of how much they are cared for, the forum is a great tool for devs to see feedback about the good or bad things currently happening, and things that need to be changed.

and its clear we all care about the mod, if we didnt care about it, we wouldnt bother posting criticisms, we would just walk away. problem is, right now...its a mess. thread after thread of complaints, but no real consensus on what makes it so bad.
and then of course fanboy such as gravoth, will turn every legitimate complaints...into a good thing!

like...bad team balance, and switching every single rnd, its ruined battle mode for many of us, but not gravoth! it is somehow actually a good thing in the lads mind.

mod didnt have to die, we've had thread after thread, post after post, the devs can see it through the threads. thing is: they dont care about the mod anymore, theres probably no fixes coming, and if they do, they will probably break two more things in the process, both of which will be viewed as improvements by gravoth.

"After the 30 other threads about the game dying I can safely say, yeah. We get it."
(then instead of bitching about how bad the game is...bitches at the players for not playing it...no bro, you DONT get it)
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Camaris

• Count
  • Renown: 223
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Neresto_HRE
  • IRC nick: Neresto_HRE
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2015, 07:16:53 pm »
+2

Actually i got ingame. 10 players at siege. So i quit again.
Just looked at webpage. 3 players at Siege. Didnt even start the game this time.

I love crpg. I love warband for the combat. But its not 2012 or even 2010 anymore.
In those times Siege had 2x80 players. Battle up to 140. Total different feeling.
Can say whatever you want. Its time for the next title.

CRPG-Team is concentrating on their new game. Thats fine. But i hope they get something to deliver soon, cause their community is going to die soon.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2015, 07:28:15 pm »
like...bad team balance, and switching every single rnd, its ruined battle mode for many of us, but not gravoth! it is somehow actually a good thing in the lads mind.

mod didnt have to die, we've had thread after thread, post after post, the devs can see it through the threads. thing is: they dont care about the mod anymore, theres probably no fixes coming, and if they do, they will probably break two more things in the process, both of which will be viewed as improvements by gravoth.

Made me smile, cause i saw it coming before i even started reading your post. What can i say, if i enjoy something that others see as broken, and i will argue for my case in keeping it. Pretty strange i know, why would someone have different opinions on the game compared to you, because you know the secret recipe to reviving me mod fully, and its super easy to do aswell for the devs but they wont do anything because they are so lazy and dont care about us. We should all make threads about things needing fixes, without putting any sort of information on why it should be fixed or why its op. Team balancing is probably an easy fix aswell, just open the notepad and type in "Fix team balance: On".
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2015, 09:30:56 pm »
Made me smile, cause i saw it coming before i even started reading your post. What can i say, if i enjoy something that others see as broken, and i will argue for my case in keeping it. Pretty strange i know, why would someone have different opinions on the game compared to you, because you know the secret recipe to reviving me mod fully

It's fair to have your own opinions, but the lack of players in the servers would generally support Plumbo's point rather than your own. Giving him more credibility I would say.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2015, 09:32:59 pm »
It's fair to have your own opinions, but the lack of players in the servers would generally support Plumbo's point rather than your own. Giving him more credibility I would say.

Would it? We cant be sure most of his ideas would just kill the servers harder. Even though he has never posted a solution, but only complaints. And all ive seen him want is nerfs, i dont see how nerfs would bring back players really, instead it would make veterans leave.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2015, 09:39:20 pm »
Would it? We cant be sure most of his ideas would just kill the servers harder. Even though he has never posted a solution, but only complaints.

You can't be sure about that until you implement the ideas, and then see the results.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2015, 10:00:21 pm »
You can't be sure about that until you implement the ideas, and then see the results.

While true, it still wouldnt make sense to try every suggestion out just because it could revive the mod, since many just arent logical (atleast in my mind). Anyways, Afaik, plumbo hasnt ever suggested anything, but only called out how nothing happens and things need to be fixed, so i cant really form an opinion on what he wants changed in, say, nerfing agility, which he seems to be very much for, since he never really says what he wants changed in it. He only says its broken.

Oh and Plumbo, as for me taking a defensive stance against legitimate complaints, i havent actually seen any legitimate complaints in a while, mostly complaints that dont make sense (atleast to me). Except some that are subjective, so cant really blame me there.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2015, 10:51:39 pm »
+1
Well, the only way to save this mod now, is to release war band for free, or at least make crpg available to people with pirated copies...

But what the fuck, does anyone seriously care now?
Bannerlord is close, kingdom cum is close, witcher 3 is close, gta 5 is close...

Cmon people, play new games and try new things!
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2015, 11:24:17 pm »
+4
gravoth, the problem here, is you make stuff up. i dont make stuff up about you. you can look through my posts, ive been saying the same things for a LONG LONG time, for you to say ive never made suggestions for improvement, is simply bullshits.

ive been saying for a long long time that i think the Tydeus wpf patch is when long time players like Pulse stopped playing.
i believe the wpf resulted in less diversity, and you can argue the differences between EU and NA, what you cant argue is that an entire class was destroyed. and you could try arguing that it DIDNT kill the diversity, but your opinion has no credibility in NA, we ALL watched more and more players take more and more agi.

there are tons of posts complaining about the tydeus wpf and agi problems in NA, for you to say you have never seen any of the posts?...when i could take the time to go through the posts and show that u HAVE not only seen them, but responded to them, typically with comments like "kek, y u mad doe"?

i make actual arguments with solid facts behind them, you make a bunch of silly accusations and quite frankly, just make stuff up, not only about the mod, but about the person you are arguing about the mod with...i dont do that, as i think it defeats the point in debating. i havent made up one single thing or lie about you.

wpf has killed off NA diversity, while the high level patch has put off the grinding players, as well as overall balance. again, i dont pull these statements out of my ass, you can take the time to look them up ( which shouldnt be hard, just look through your own posts, you must have a bad memory, as you have responded to them )

and again, for the hundreth time, im not the only one making these statements, you have responded to several other people who make the exact same complaints i make.

so stop making things up gravoth, ive done \ typed all i could to try to bring the mod back to 2013 standards...if you think the current version is better, thats fine to have your own opinions, but dont say IM the one pulling shit outta my ass when i have seen more posts made that agree with my point of view than yours.

and i know right...me, dionysus, jona, kesh, jack1, daruvian, pulse etc etc, everyone else who posted the exact same things, we all just need to get-good huh?
when you tell some of the best players "QQ more \ learn to play" you just look like an ass gravoth.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2015, 05:31:52 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

I support you in this Plumbo.

Would it? We cant be sure most of his ideas would just kill the servers harder. Even though he has never posted a solution, but only complaints. And all ive seen him want is nerfs, i dont see how nerfs would bring back players really, instead it would make veterans leave.

Honestly the same argument can be applied to any proposed solution "While yes it's a good idea, would it really do anything? We can't be sure that the ideas will achieve the outcome, what if they achieve the opposite effect?" If all ideas went through this process it would be one long endless circle jerk. Hell most of the Tydeus' patches nerfed something, I believe Archery, as per the usual was the hardest hit of them all. I remember when the patch came out in the summer and long time archers such as myself, Zlotz, Nat, and vick (names which probably mean jack shit to you as an EU overlord), were like: What the Fuck is this? That was the first time veteran players either left, or they switched to different classes. The second-fourth patches, the ones Plumbo references on multiple occasions was the final straw on the camels back, because it made an entire build system shit. Wouldn't you be a little bit angsty if a person in light/medium armor and a shit weapon just kicked your ass in 4-5 swings, and the kicker is you as a str build weren't able to get a single swing off? And yes we can go on and on about the trade off between str and agi, how both have the same amount of disadvantages and advantages. But to say str wasn't kicked on the curb and left to die, and that the patches didn't cause a massive decrease in the player base, that sir, is ludicrous.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 05:52:20 am by Sharpe »

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2015, 06:24:36 am »
+1
(click to show/hide)

How exactly has wpf killed diversity, afaik we get more wpf than ever at balanced builds, which would make it easier to make any sort of hybrid. Might wanna add something to how its actually ruining that, cause you are saying the new wpf is bad but not giving any examples of what cant be done now compared to previously. And how are higher levels putting people off from grinding? Its still basically the same exp to grind to higher levels above 35, but getting to 35 is slightly faster than previously. I dont see how this would put any grinder off, and DTV speaks for itself, people play that shit purely for the grind.

Last thread i had to get 5 post out of you untill you said anything about why you think agility is broken, and that was
combat feels broken compared to what it used to be, my friends like the kutt folk all go on about lag and wonky swings, most likely a cause of everyone being a higher level and moving faster then the warband engine ever anticipated multi player allowing, and i agree
Which honestly isnt much of an arguement for why agility should be nerfed, thats just making weird connections that the game is breaking because of increased levels.

You are pulling shit out of your ass, and you are constantly insulting me. It takes me multiple posts to get anything that might be considered good input as to why something is broken. Also my opinion does have credibility in NA because the game is the same in EU, change one both and both changes, im not sure if you knew this before, but thats how it works, i cant just allow changes NA seem fit, change the entire game for me on EU.

Offline Tomeusz

• Junk Thread Creator
  • Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2015, 04:37:56 pm »
+2
... 18 Players on Battle EU1, 10 Players on Siege EU2, 30 Players on DTV.
Game is going down the river.

mod going down

not game

game doing fine with 100+ servers including native and dlcs

And that during a week
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 05:21:49 pm by Tomeusz »

Offline Tiger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 853
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • Made In China
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: TigerGirl; MooMooMilk; BobaBubbleTea; TerraCotta; Tuberculosis; BoomStickGirl
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2015, 04:15:55 am »
+1
mod going down

not game

game doing fine with 100+ servers including native and dlcs

And that during a week

I've never seen a post by Tomeusz make sense until now? lol

"The long united must divide; the long divided must unite."
"How many things, before and after, all melt into gossip and laughter."

Offline Jesse

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kuyak_Hero,Rainb0w, Adelade.
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2015, 01:42:03 pm »
+1
Change to balanced build heavy armored 2h stop cry
Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.