Author Topic: Fuck brocoding  (Read 6150 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Fuck brocoding
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2015, 03:55:00 pm »
Silly? Aren't you the one who used to play this mod every goddamn day few years ago, just like 1000's other people. Did you play it because it was full of "fun" trolls or because there was a bunch of people who cared about gameplay?

You obviously seldom play it these days, even though you are part of marvelous Krems clan of fun. How come that happens, when you finally find a group of awesome people you stop regularly playing? Or maybe they are not as awesome as they think they are?
I play more or less daily atm. So there is that...

Gravoth, you're examples are extremes (HAs and such) and I don't think I see anything that stupid around atm. But I agree, that certainly would be a problem.
The thing is that we have 2 main groups of players: those who wanna take it serious and those who enjoy having a good time with "friends" in a multiplayer. Somehow we have to cope for both sides and find some middle ground here.
We can't just go on and ban everyone for hugging which honestly is for 10-20 seconds the most. Please, watch the timer next time it happens and you have to acknowledge that it's very very rarely 1 minute if even ever :wink:

Krems. Oh well, we tend to fool around quite often, yes. Some, cuz it ain't everyone, hug a lot, yes. Sometimes we roleplay silly stuff which annoys most of the server to several degrees, yes. We sometimes, it ain't all the time, spam voice chat, yes.
I am probably biased but it either doesn't happen that often (roleplaying) or doesn't last too long (voice spam, hugging). I am afraid that everything is most of time still in the framework of the rules and people have to somehow live with it.
Besides, there are 2 servers, battle and siege, and we can't be on both at the same time, so there is always a possibility to go to the other one temporarily.

That is my personal opinion. Technically I am not an admin, just an event manager :P Therefore I am most hesitant to ban anyone anyway but I do when I see it necessary. Mostly just kick tho...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2015, 07:18:21 pm »
+4
hugging in medieval combat simulator

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2015, 07:24:16 pm »
+1
If that person seriously wants the mod to continue as long as possible, trying to ban as many of the people who still play it as possible is misguided. Why would anyone who wants the mod to continue 'appreciate' that?

Whatever i think of balance and toxicity, let's be honest the mod had both of those issues 2-3 years ago when the population was far bigger. Age of mod and boredom are most likely the biggest factors.

But ofc, if the dwindling population thinks that it's productive to try and moan and ban what's left of the player-base then QQ about empty servers later, dont let me stand in the way of progress. We disagree about just about everything in terms of this mod, but even so i know you dont believe that brocoding killed the mod. For the sake of 'standards' you may want to support this thread and Leshma on this point, but in terms of the actual OP you know as well as i do that it's a load of bollocks.

On one side people getting banned are gone for the duration, but the people wanting them banned will stay for a longer time, some may even come back (i doubt its gone that far though). I think it would be +-0 in population tbh, i dont really want to get rid of people, as much as i might hate delaying etc i do love characters just out of nostalgia sake because most people here are very old school. I just wish there would be some reinforcing on not hugging when you are the last ones, not hiding in corners with a group and avoiding fighting at all cost. It may be fun to them but it really is on other peoples expense and experience most of the time.

When i die fighting with the main group of my team (outnumbered), and get to spectate 5 krems hugging in some far out ruins, i just hit esc and quit. While when everything rolls smoothly, no noticeable delaying etc, i can easily play for multiple hours straight.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2015, 07:33:46 pm »
+2
So we gonna start banning people on a low pop server at round end for giving duels to the last guy?
Often enough even losing the round although ganking him to death would save 2 minutes waiting for the dead and win the round for the team?

Just to clarify that we're not measuring with different standards...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2015, 07:46:51 pm »
+1
So we gonna start banning people on a low pop server at round end for giving duels to the last guy?
Often enough even losing the round although ganking him to death would save 2 minutes waiting for the dead and win the round for the team?

Just to clarify that we're not measuring with different standards...

Maybe not ban, but warn then kick. I never did like duels at the end, it encourages douchey playstyles taking no risks, then getting rewarded with duels when you probably have full health vs others who have fought and are down at half. It's been a thing since what, 2011? Atleast its more entertaining to watch compared to a pacifist hugging party, but if that would mean 2 minutes of watching duels, id rather not. If im the last person alive i personally prefer the challenge of being outnumbered anyways, duels are for the duel server. Hugging is for secondlife or something. Acknowledge someone on the battlefield with a good fight, not a bearhug.

2 minutes might not sound like much, but it adds up. And with the current pacifism/brocoding, its not uncommon with delays. It gets tedious.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1336
  • Infamy: 2095
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2015, 07:47:45 pm »
While we are at douchebag behavior topic, last night EU1 was "full" (40 people yay). Was there, having fun. All of a sudden HA douche started delaying. I've just left, couldn't bother arguing. Bet other players left because of that HA. How many players leaving the already low pop server do you guys find acceptable before you admit that one dude trolling is the problem and that he should be removed?

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2015, 08:11:26 pm »
While we are at douchebag behavior topic, last night EU1 was "full" (40 people yay). Was there, having fun. All of a sudden HA douche started delaying. I've just left, couldn't bother arguing. Bet other players left because of that HA. How many players leaving the already low pop server do you guys find acceptable before you admit that one dude trolling is the problem and that he should be removed?

I was at EU1 yesterday as well after a long time and its the same old story for years. I could shoot down any HA's horse with ease but I am too busy 90 % of the time defending myself in close combat from 2 - 4 gankers because there is close to no melee support and the team is running off somewhere else. It is still mindblowing to me that there are people after all these years who do not seem to grasp that "no melee support for friendly ranged" equals "getting trolled to death by HA/HX/HT at the end of the round".

But yeah, I forgot, defending ranged is not fun for melee because that would mean they would lose precious 30 seconds of the round that could have been invested in button-mash-time. But who knows, maybe if we give the playerbase another 4 years something will change.

(click to show/hide)

On topic though, brocoding deserves kicks or for repeated offenders, bans.

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2015, 08:54:28 pm »
+1
Since kicking the HA is against the rule there is one more way to get rid of them.
If everyone leaves the server as soon as a idiot HA starts doing his thing there will be no one for him to fight.
I am pretty shure he will not be there anymore when everybody reconnects some minutes later. 8-)

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2015, 09:10:32 pm »
Seen several times from Eques, Byz and Mercs (see the pattern there?)

hmm honestly never seen any of that from mercs or byzantium, and if that happened, it wasn't heavy brocoding, and, most importantly, it's never as annoying as it is nowdays, krems' fault; also i'd like to mention that krems weren't as retard as they are now back in the days, but i remember some complained about VERY FEW memebers being brain damaged, and there had been some sort of over reaction "WAAAAAA SORI NO F4N ALOUD? SORI ME NO GO WITH BRO MUG IS FUN 2OO ME FGGT XDXD LEZ OL PLEI SERIUS NO FUN ON LEE SERIUS" note that this might be actual quotes from krems member + grammar could also be more correct than the actual quotes.

seriously, i feel as if krems are to crpg what feminists are to the whole world

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2392
  • Infamy: 2462
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2015, 09:41:35 pm »
Only clan that I can be 100% sure that I have never witnessed brocoding is old HRE, while Rogue was still playing the mod. In the past brocoding wasn't even present. First time that I have noticed it and when it really annoyed me is when I started playing mod late at night with the likes of Fin and Shanks.

Offline Hirlok

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • A friendly archer decorating your ass with arrows
    • View Profile
    • Gab.ai. Freedom of Speech matters.
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: None that you need to know of - except Hirlok the Hermit.
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2015, 11:54:34 pm »
+3
we should rebrand to ACTB - Always Code the Bro

Too bad I am so old and my eyes are so bad - sometimes shoot the "wrong" people from afar... ;-)
Hermit Status report : feeling a little social. Threatening melee my old friends with a comeback. Greasing the string of his old longbow. Carving certain names into the tips of his arrows...

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2015, 01:22:38 pm »
+3
Krems. Oh well, we tend to fool around quite often, yes. Some, cuz it ain't everyone, hug a lot, yes. Sometimes we roleplay silly stuff which annoys most of the server to several degrees, yes. We sometimes, it ain't all the time, spam voice chat, yes.

Besides, there are 2 servers, battle and siege, and we can't be on both at the same time, so there is always a possibility to go to the other one temporarily.

That is my personal opinion. Technically I am not an admin, just an event manager :P Therefore I am most hesitant to ban anyone anyway but I do when I see it necessary. Mostly just kick tho...

In that case you might want to consider getting your admin rights revoked so at least other admins can kick you when you decide to go on a troll session again so the rest can play uninterruptedly.

Telling other people that they can always change the server when they your trolling gets too much, lol. Are you for real ?

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2015, 02:42:22 pm »
+5
I was at EU1 yesterday as well after a long time and its the same old story for years. I could shoot down any HA's horse with ease but I am too busy 90 % of the time defending myself in close combat from 2 - 4 gankers because there is close to no melee support and the team is running off somewhere else.

I still do this with some good archers and I've seen few guys doing it with me as well when I play archer. I know Arn and Crojo do that with me regularly. However when I go stand next to an archer, yell QFR - QAC (For those who don't speak Krems, that's "Archers, attack their cavalry") and they just miss every shot or just shoot at friendly melee in the back I just run off and do something more useful. The more open the maps are, the more I try to help my archers as I know they can't survive otherwise.

That said, with ten riding, horses are hard to hit even with the recently buffed bows and shouldn't be a reason for HX/HA to delay every single round.

Back to the topic: Fuck the Krems.

Never seen Mercs or Byz brocoding and we don't usually do it either, exact opposite, cuz killing the "traitors" is a lot of fun :) Duels at the end of the round are fine imo, I enjoy watching skilled players fight so if it doesn't happen every round it's fine. I don't mind some fun during battles at all, but no one can honestly say that's what the Krems are trying to do. Most of these guys weren't good enough to actually perform well in this game anymore and didn't want to quit either so instead they started to troll people. I understand raging people and chat/forum trolls like Xesta and GTX, but I just can't understand people who get enjoyment from "roleplaying" woodsmen at spawn.

The reasons why this shouldn't be allowed have been stated many times before and whatever these guys tell to justify their actions, it actually is quite often so infuriating that I just have to quit and do something else. And I know for a fact that a lot of the guys that sit in our TS feel the exact same way. As Gravoth already said: if us tryhards play the game for 15 minutes instead of two hours, the mod will have a lot less players. It's not just those five Krems guys off the battle, it's the tryhards that rage-quit.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2015, 05:46:47 pm »
The rest are all pretty decent players, including but not limited to Fin, Fuma and Xanor.

Fuma used to be one of the best players in this mod which makes it even worse that he got bored of it and became a Krem. He's a good guy and I've talked to him many times on TS, but that doesn't mean I think it's okay for him to do what he sometimes does on EU1. Xanor I've never seen chopping wood or hugging other players at spawn. Even Fin is a non-troll by today's Krems standards, same as Shanks for example. So called trolls like Fin or Shanks can be extremely fun to watch and they rarely do worse than average players in their team - most of the time these guys are not a problem at least not for me.

Then there's the genuinely bad players that followed them to feel special when they lacked the skill or imagination to actually be special.

Offline zottlmarsch

• King
  • Renown: 1114
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems (Founder)
  • Game nicks: Eberhart & Juta von Krems
  • IRC nick: Dan
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2015, 06:05:29 pm »
+2
Fuma used to be one of the best players in this mod which makes it even worse that he got bored of it and became a Krem. He's a good guy and I've talked to him many times on TS, but that doesn't mean I think it's okay for him to do what he sometimes does on EU1. Xanor I've never seen chopping wood or hugging other players at spawn. Even Fin is a non-troll by today's Krems standards, same as Shanks for example. So called trolls like Fin or Shanks can be extremely fun to watch and they rarely do worse than average players in their team - most of the time these guys are not a problem at least not for me.

Then there's the genuinely bad players that followed them to feel special when they lacked the skill or imagination to actually be special.

Krems were playing crap and trolling for well over a year before Fin, Shanks or Fuma joined. But because we had so few members and the servers were so full nobody cared. Todays Krems members are probably less trolly than what we were in 2012, its just that theres a hell of a lot more of us and the servers are a lot more empty so their actions have bigger consequences on the outcome of rounds.