Author Topic: Cav stuff no. 2  (Read 1929 times)

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
Re: Cav stuff no. 2
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2011, 01:12:00 pm »
So would this mean, for example, a horse that requires 2 riding now, would be willful about where it wants to go? or would 2 riding negate it entirely, and 1 riding would make it fight you for control.

Basically it is to put some ramdom movements while riding a horse. The more rinding skill, the less ramdom moves, but at the end it will be always .... same as aiming at archery. 

Also when the horse is stopped, you have to give some movements to correct it... I think it will give the realistic sensation for the one who is riding and for the one who is watching it.

:D
My fridge is my shield

Offline Torben

• King
  • Renown: 2011
  • Infamy: 352
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • still prepare to get sexed
    • View Profile
  • Faction: by my overly nerfed heavy lance.
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2011, 02:53:37 pm »

Also when the horse is stopped, you have to give some movements to correct it... I think it will give the realistic sensation for the one who is riding and for the one who is watching it.

:D

I want this!
Yes, I know from whence I came! Discontented as a flame, Upon myself I live and glow. All I grasp like lightning flashes, All I leave behind is ashes
Flame I am - that much I know!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2011, 08:45:14 pm »
Regarding horses having a little bit of free will: I like the idea, however I'm not sure how this would be implemented. Even if successfully put into practise, I'm not sure how fun or effective it would be. Still, if it can be easily implemented, and if the horse's randomness isn't annoying, I support it. However, this randomness would make it so that you had less control of your mount: you couldn't swerve and turn with exactness, and evading attacks and projectiles would be more difficult. Thus, the issue of our current horses' delicateness comes into the light. If the idea of horse's free-will is implemented, I think horses should get an HP buff as well.

Even if there are no free-willed ponies implemented, I think horses should still get an HP buff and speed nerf. If we were only to add HP, horses would be very much OP, however I'd like to see a speed nerf in addition to the HP buff to balance shit out. It would also have the added benefit of bringing horses away from their current "ninja on the battlefeild" status, and more towards the heavy hitting, thundering cavalry I so desire.

Armor boost for the armored ponies, too, or at least for the warhorses. My large warhorse has left me rather unsatisfied--it is encased in chainmail, yet dies in six or seven arrow hits. I know that might seem like alot, BUT IN CPRG THAT IS NOTHING. I think people need to understand that archers in this game shoot like fucking machine guns, and they are large in number; there is no reason to conform to realism if realism does not cooincide with balance.

TL;DR: Look at the bolded statements. Those are my ideas, the rest is in support of teh bolds.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Diavolo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Engineering student - Will pwn your ass in physics
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templars
  • Game nicks: Templar_Diavolo, Aleta
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2011, 09:19:47 pm »
Horses should have their free will. The lower riding skill the harder they should be to manouver.
This could be a terrible idea and maybe impossbile to implement but I find it interesting. Bows already have accuracy randomness so why not the horses?

(click to show/hide)

this sounds like a good idea, but its already in the game :) You know the riding skill needed to "ride" different horses? Well, a complete noob can ride any horse in real life, however he might not be able to get the horse to do exactly as he wants it to all the time. So to model this in M&B they invented riding skill and riding skill requirements. If you have high enugh riding skill to have the horse fullfill all your wishes whenever you want it to, you fullfill the riding skill requirement.

Riding with lower riding skill than needed would be extremely stupid, since one "funky thing" from the horse would often lead to your death. So this suggestion in addition to the normal riding requirements on horses would just make all horses have the same riding requirement: 7 or 8. (which would force all cavalry to have atleast 21 AGI)

I suggest no riding skill requirement on horses no more, just keep a "on par" reccomendation on each horse. As long as you have one more than "on par" there is 0 chance of the horse doing a prank on you. If you have the exact value needed, perhaps 1% chance, and quite some chance when you get much below the reccomended amount of riding for the horse. (like 3% one less, 6% 2 less, 10% 3 less and so on.)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login