Author Topic: 0.4.1.1  (Read 30671 times)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Re: 0.4.1.1
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2015, 11:31:38 pm »
The 25.5 is a bug. If it still displays that in-game, then it's an unintended buff. It may also be a side effect from messing with armor weight on looms. That was a bad idea since 90% weight translated to 190% weight and 107% weight glitched out, so I had to remove that ASAP and just gave heavy armor +1 armor loomed instead.

While speed bonus was reduced to 1.8, low-med damage cut and blunt received some buffs. 2->1.8 is pretty significant since it cuts the boost of absurdly high speed bonus. 10^2 = 100, while 10^1.8 ~= 63. Now that we have damage toggle, it's easiest just to show a screenshot for how much damage you're doing with your build. That's the biggest reason why damage toggling is available now.

Can you explain how low-med cut/blunt weapons got a buff? Also I assumed that it was a x2 or x1.8 multiplier, not a power function... so yeah, that is quite a change. Wish I had the damage toggle before the patch so I could see the difference.:/

Also, just what exactly is that 1.8 number, and where does it come from? Is that the maximum speed bonus you can get?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2015, 12:28:23 am »
I know I asked Jona this before but could someone explain to me the whole IF and Weapon Proficiency.

How much IF would I need to effectively do Archery with 170 wpf.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2015, 01:15:25 am »
SAI CANT BLOCK? WHY

JABONRA
His mother's asshole, I tragedy

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2015, 01:37:48 am »
+2
SAI CANT BLOCK? WHY

Whoops. I forgot to add the parry animations. Usually they're included for the 3-4 directional weapons but they had to be manually added for Sai and I forgot.

Can you explain how low-med cut/blunt weapons got a buff? Also I assumed that it was a x2 or x1.8 multiplier, not a power function... so yeah, that is quite a change. Wish I had the damage toggle before the patch so I could see the difference.:/

Also, just what exactly is that 1.8 number, and where does it come from? Is that the maximum speed bonus you can get?

It's still WIP at this point, but

armor_soak_factor_against_cut = 0.65 -> 0.5
armor_soak_factor_against_pierce = 0.5 -> 0.3
armor_soak_factor_against_blunt = 0.4 -> 0.1

Better soak = better damage all around. This mostly helps lower damage weapons and high damage weapons without speed bonus.

armor_reduction_factor_against_cut =  1.6 -> 1.7
armor_reduction_factor_against_pierce = 1.1 -> 1.45
armor_reduction_factor_against_blunt = 1.3 -> 1.8

Damage scaling. The lower the reduce, the higher the jump in damage from multipliers such as speed bonus. Cut's reduce barely increased so it was overall buffed by a few damage points. Blunt is pretty much the same at medium levels and better at lower damage values, but it can't get crazy damage values as easily anymore. Pierce is overall slightly nerfed by a few damage points. Pierce governs a lot of ranged damage, so it may have counteracted the buffs they received. This coupled with the speed bonus change makes me believe that it's fine.

Cut may even be a little strong. The damage difference between cut and pierce was ~13 at high armor, and now it's closer to 10. The calc has the updated values. http://www.tinyurl.com/crpgcalc

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1053
  • Infamy: 2388
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2015, 01:57:39 am »
Whoops. I forgot to add the parry animations. Usually they're included for the 3-4 directional weapons but they had to be manually added for Sai and I forgot.

It's still WIP at this point, but

armor_soak_factor_against_cut = 0.65 -> 0.5
armor_soak_factor_against_pierce = 0.5 -> 0.3
armor_soak_factor_against_blunt = 0.4 -> 0.1

Better soak = better damage all around. This mostly helps lower damage weapons and high damage weapons without speed bonus.

armor_reduction_factor_against_cut =  1.6 -> 1.7
armor_reduction_factor_against_pierce = 1.1 -> 1.45
armor_reduction_factor_against_blunt = 1.3 -> 1.8

Damage scaling. The lower the reduce, the higher the jump in damage from multipliers such as speed bonus. Cut's reduce barely increased so it was overall buffed by a few damage points. Blunt is pretty much the same at medium levels and better at lower damage values, but it can't get crazy damage values as easily anymore. Pierce is overall slightly nerfed by a few damage points. Pierce governs a lot of ranged damage, so it may have counteracted the buffs they received. This coupled with the speed bonus change makes me believe that it's fine.

Cut may even be a little strong. The damage difference between cut and pierce was ~13 at high armor, and now it's closer to 10. The calc has the updated values. http://www.tinyurl.com/crpgcalc

No wonder I'm able to dish out serious damage with just 6 PS and 33 cut onehanders in specific situations where, before the patch, I could not.

Absolutely love what you did with blunt. Prior to patch, crazy agility builds were able to deal insane damage with staves and were hardly blockable. That is first thing I've noticed after hotfix.

PS. I'm preparing 1h vs 1h thread like Spiritus does, to lobby for salvation of my Masterwork Broad Short Sword. This time I have arguments :P

Offline Lethwin Far Seeker

• Earl
  • Renown: 363
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: The House of Tiercel
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2015, 02:13:02 am »
+1
I would guess that this has been addressed somewhere but... halberds, long axes\bardiches\morningstars on horseback?  Please confirm this is a bug...

Also my compliments to whoever is giving all those helmets dynamic aventails.  They may be bugged now but its going to really be awesome when all those helmets mesh with body armours.

Edit: I hear the pole cav was done for lolz.  I do not feel the lolz.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 04:04:32 am by Lethwin Far Seeker »

Offline Brucia

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2015, 02:35:05 pm »
+4
Please, test the animations stabs for every weapon, and see that 2h stab is the only one in which you can't see your blade, covered by the head. You should move the moviment on the right of the body, like for 1h and polearms.

If i have one enemy and one friend really close each others, i have to hit by sense (with high risk to wrong, of course), instead to see where the tip of my sword will hit.

p.s.:i even like this new animation, i find it much more realistic. Just give to 2handers the same right to see where he will hit, since the others class have it.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2015, 04:58:50 pm »
I love the new 2h stab. Nice job, Senni!

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2015, 06:22:42 pm »
+1
Please, test the animations stabs for every weapon, and see that 2h stab is the only one in which you can't see your blade, covered by the head. You should move the moviment on the right of the body, like for 1h and polearms.

If i have one enemy and one friend really close each others, i have to hit by sense (with high risk to wrong, of course), instead to see where the tip of my sword will hit.

p.s.:i even like this new animation, i find it much more realistic. Just give to 2handers the same right to see where he will hit, since the others class have it.

The thrust from the "Ochs" guard (represented by the old 2h stab) is quite realistic and very commonly found in the manuscripts.  Problem was the old 2h stab was ridiculously broken because of reach modifier\spaghetti arms.  I feel like it could have been slightly modified to fix the problems, but I'm happy enough with the current solution and appreciate the work that went into it.

I think I agree with Brucia and think that shifting the animation to the right of the body will achieve Brucia's goal as well as make the animation resemble the other very common 2h stab.

In this picture "Ochs" or the old 2h stab is shown on the right, while "Pflug", what the new 2h stab is fairly close to, is shown on the left.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2015, 08:09:24 pm »
+7
Throwing is OP as shit, playing cav is useless.

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2015, 08:38:06 pm »

I don't know if its over powered but my horse explodes when hit by it regardless of movement direction.

Offline BlackFysh

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
  • "Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks" - Elmo
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2015, 09:02:00 pm »
+1
22 strength for great lance... are you kidding?  So I need to play a balanced build just to ride my courser? 24/18 or nothing I guess.  This seriously just killed the game. 

Offline Azuma

• Count
  • Renown: 160
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Stop QQ Get a shield !
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores, RdF, Ninja, Norse
  • Game nicks: "Pecores_Tatsumaru_Azuma","Ninja_Rikimaru_Azuma","Norse_Azuma", etc...
  • IRC nick: Azuma
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2015, 10:14:48 pm »
I love the new 2h stab. Nice job, Senni!

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 10:24:50 pm by HauteGame »
Stop QQ Get A Shield !

(click to show/hide)

Offline Azuma

• Count
  • Renown: 160
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Stop QQ Get a shield !
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores, RdF, Ninja, Norse
  • Game nicks: "Pecores_Tatsumaru_Azuma","Ninja_Rikimaru_Azuma","Norse_Azuma", etc...
  • IRC nick: Azuma
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2015, 10:25:53 pm »
22 strength for great lance... are you kidding?  So I need to play a balanced build just to ride my courser? 24/18 or nothing I guess.  This seriously just killed the game.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 10:29:26 pm by HauteGame »
Stop QQ Get A Shield !

(click to show/hide)

Offline Novamere

• Duke
  • Renown: 599
  • Infamy: 273
  • cRPG Player
  • Feed me your tears!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Knightmare_
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2015, 10:35:12 pm »

Got hit by a normal not +3 throwing lance on my +3 Courser and the horse was less then half health and i was not going full speed O_O