Author Topic: 0.4.1.1  (Read 29457 times)

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
Re: 0.4.1.1
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2015, 07:50:36 pm »
+8
I play DTV because I like the game-mode and, because of my relatively high ping, and that nowadays everyone has good connections, and thus most players have 1/2 or 1/3 or even less of my ping, I can't play battle or siege properly because 99% of times I can't block.

I think the problem is people who play DTV just for the grind. This happened even before this patch, because well played high rounds on some maps gave decent xp and a lot of gold (already before the patch). I play it because it's fun, especially when there are other players who also enjoy it and work together as if we were fighting a team of players. Fighting a bot is much easier than fighting a good player, especially because the bot is predictable. Still, the game-mode was balanced in a way that you have to fight a whole lot of bots, sometimes almost 3x your team's members. Overall, it can be fun.

My point is that if you join EU_7 just to leech xp and gold, even if in other servers you play fair, you are good, or whatever, you are not better than simple and plain leechers that are banned in EU_1 or EU_2.

And, I say it again, the reward is too fucking much now, even if it means that the server will not be full anymore after being lowered back. To me, it doesn't make sense that killing bots yields better xp and gold than battle or siege, or Strategus. I was more or less ok with the old reward, especially the gold. I always earned gold gradually, like in any other game-mode - faster or slower depending on the situation - and, the xp, I agree it could be higher.

TL;DR: gold was fine before patch and xp should be a midterm between old and new.

EDIT: now that I think about it, I've always disliked the slow tedious grind, so, if devs (and obviously most people) are ok with this new DTV reward, maybe the alternative would be to buff the rewards of the other game-modes. I don't know if the double xp is still there. If so, then increase the gold gain as well.

That way looms would be acquired faster and it would shorten the grind. I would be happy with that actually more than with my first suggestion.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 07:53:40 pm by Patoson »

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2015, 09:03:23 pm »
+2
You don't like DTV server being full all the time?

No, I don't like it, cause I can not join the server cause of all these leechers!!!  :wink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 927
  • Infamy: 2459
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2015, 09:29:43 pm »
+1
Wouldn't know anything about leechers, I'm usually top 5 while playing DTV (easy thing to accomplish, if you actually play DTV). Aren't there admins to kick leechers? Also, having full gear doesn't mean player isn't leeching.

If it was up to me, I would kick anyone with less than 10 kills after third wave.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2015, 10:55:40 pm »
+1
Since I came back home 3 hours ago DTV is full all the time. With current rewards you can just as well alter all servers to DTV  :P

PS. Using invisible armors and broken helmets should be bannable.

PS2. Carthago delenda est.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #94 on: March 01, 2015, 02:19:25 am »
+4
I can´t take myself serious anymore, guuh. 2 months...

I did something really stupid today
http://gifsound.com/?gif=i.imgur.com/fnCEmh6.gif&v=5463f8lWFp0&s=119

also, fix helmets

Offline Uther Pendragon

• King
  • Renown: 1253
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • EX Head of EU and NA admin teams
    • View Profile
    • Strategus Guide
  • Faction: Stromgarde
  • Game nicks: Uthyr Pendraeg, Uthyr, mr fucking dtv hero admin, Stromgarde_Uthyr_Pendraeg
  • IRC nick: Something along those lines above
« Reply #95 on: March 01, 2015, 11:09:51 am »
+4
Wouldn't know anything about leechers, I'm usually top 5 while playing DTV (easy thing to accomplish, if you actually play DTV). Aren't there admins to kick leechers? Also, having full gear doesn't mean player isn't leeching.

If it was up to me, I would kick anyone with less than 10 kills after third wave.

It's not that easy Leshma :lol:

You can even play in full armor and leech in it, with current rewards you'd still be profiting greatly.
Leechers often claim to not be leeching by slightly moving around, killing a bot or two, or "using a ballista", aka randomly reloading it and shooting it when someone looks at you.
Sure, if they're hiding somewhere it's 10 times as obvious and usually kicks are given without a warning. Sometimes while playing on an alt you find those "brave leechers" who instead of at least PRETENDING to play, when nudged start throwing shit at you and acting like kids, that's also fun because they rarely realise the shit they're about to get in.

Other nice leecher types are:
"shieldwall shielders" who put up their shield, press T and then tab out of game or go AFK
"Viscount defenders" who wake up the moment they hear fighting around him
Gen 35+ tryhards who suicide charge/play in cheap gear so it's not leeching they're just "bad" :?
"i-killed-80-enemies-and-have-0-deaths-so-i-deserve-to-leech" kinda people  :rolleyes:

And the idea with kicking after 3rd wave those with low kill amounts doesn't take peasants, shieldwall shielders and archers into consideration. They don't always rack up kills, but contribute in a different manner.
Nemo prudens punit, quia peccatum est, sed ne peccetur.
I (used to) manage character issues, reverting, restoring and fixing related mistakes and some other stuff. Feel free to message if you encounter a problem.
He's not the hero DTV deserves but he's the one they need.

Offline Hellsing

• Count
  • Renown: 209
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 01, 2015, 01:23:52 pm »
It should be just punished on DTV when players are not doing something usefull for the team at all (like standing at v chatting all the time, standing around doing nothing, just exploring the map and so much other ways to leech without getting punished).
There we go activity..
Otherwise we should go back to Defend the Village model, Servers on Battle without admin and on DTV only with admins on duty.
There is no point in ~4guys doing everything while 17 or even more are leeching.. it's just harder for them.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1974
  • Infamy: 962
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 01, 2015, 01:55:52 pm »
Gen 35+ tryhards who suicide charge/play in cheap gear so it's not leeching they're just "bad" :?

I did play in rags and with silly weapon and picked up weapons bots drop. But I did well while doing it (not as well as I would do with full gear, but better than average). That was before bots were buffed, now it kinda pointless because even peasants can be deadly.

I'm fully aware about other stuff you wrote, that is why I would kick anyone with less than 10 kills because they probably are leeching. For example, yesterday I was playing DTV. First few rounds I was fighting near GTX and he was slaying bots. After two rounds while running away from nasty bots I've ended in a corner of a castle where I found afk GTX. Good thing bots do wander places, similar thing happened two days ago when Vanguard_Sergius (Mlekce) was afk in a corner but bots found him.

If 30 players did help the cause DTV would be piece of cake.

And the idea with kicking after 3rd wave those with low kill amounts doesn't take peasants, shieldwall shielders and archers into consideration. They don't always rack up kills, but contribute in a different manner.

I'm a shielder and was 1st after 3 rounds while being part of a a shieldwall. Bots were buffed and given axes (seems like most of them have axes) because of those near indestructible shielders. Therefore I don't like them and don't consider them valid class in DTV. It is same kind of abuse as standing behind the wall in old DTV while bots are aggro-ed to it and stabbing through it.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 02:03:05 pm by Leshma »

Offline Macbeth3

• Earl
  • Renown: 379
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Meow? :3
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macbeth_Plisskin_TheCat Mordecai_Heller_TheCat
« Reply #98 on: March 01, 2015, 06:02:16 pm »
+4
Roll needs a fix. It's nearly impossible to pull off now.
*Meow* I'm a Cat.

Offline McKli_PL

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: South_the_grey, HeDdar_the_grey, Wazonowej_the_grey
« Reply #99 on: March 01, 2015, 06:12:55 pm »
+3
It's posibru to roll but now its somehow awkward :| give old animation back :P

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 01, 2015, 11:24:30 pm »
+6
Buff ranged

Offline Zergmar

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
  • Terrible at everything.
    • View Profile
    • indie game dev, RIP
  • Faction: Hobo
  • Game nicks: SirScumbag
« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2015, 11:46:14 pm »
+1
There was an update. Some of the helmets now display properly, but I don't know what else.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2015, 11:51:07 pm »
+1
Thansk for fixing helmets so fast

finally I can wear my beloved hood again  :mrgreen:

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2015, 11:52:34 pm »
+1
Quickly glancing spotted the following:

2H stab animation changed and all stabs buffed with 1 damage
Great Lance now 21 difficulty (boooooo)
English Bill, Long Voulge, Poleaxe not usable on horseback
1H mace stabs removed.

Offline Eugen

• Count
  • Renown: 180
  • Infamy: 26
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Postla
« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2015, 11:52:57 pm »
Many helmets now are ok again. But guard helmet still is invisible in game.