Author Topic: Are these crashes, lags, RGL errors, and more crashes noticed by Developers?  (Read 3032 times)

Offline BlackWhite

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
  • Doesn't matter if you're Black or White
    • View Profile
    • Join the Ravens of Valhalla Today! The only NA Viking Clan
  • Faction: Raven
  • Game nicks: BlackWhite
Posted before and got some help from about 3 admins/modders which was awesome, but never fully fixed the problem.  I am running a i7 930, 12 gig ram, 1.5 gig vid card, 120 gig intel ssd (with alot of 75% free space) with all the newest drivers.  Before I couldn't play, but now after running dx7 I get fps issues where pre patch I had none.  Just an avid gamer, I really know nothing about anything else so hope this helps.

Offline Diavolo

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Engineering student - Will pwn your ass in physics
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templars
  • Game nicks: Templar_Diavolo, Aleta
Just to people who want to make sure they have a good enugh computer for M&B:Warband, make sure you have enugh RAM. Thats where this game eats away. (VRAM could be nice too though) 2GB RAM is the lowest you can have to make the game work. I suggest atleast 4GB, preferably 6GB. I have 6GB and have no issues at all. However, when I play single player I have to set the battlesizer to 500. (cant max it out :() If I had 12GB RAM like the guy above me I probably could do that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Just thinking out loud here, but if models are causing an issue, was there really a reason to change the head/face models? Just bringing this up as an example of items that fall into one of those "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it" things, especially when fixing it breaks it  :idea:

I suggest downloading the low res texture pack that was made recently. It made difference for me.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,5335.0.html
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 08:45:40 am by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
I simply dont have a 32" screen to get eyecancer from lowtextures...

I will keep everything maxed out + I recommend overriding anisotropicfiltering with ur gfx driver to atleast x8. Game looks somewhat better.
It was running fine before, so id say as much as i appreciate the hard work, added mistakes need to be erased.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 01:48:23 pm by v/onMega »

Offline BlameMeForTheNoise

• Count
  • Renown: 189
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Varangian Guards
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Sonjarr
For me disabling(!) Vsync made the game a lot smoother. The limiting to 60 fps made me feel like i walk and fight through Jell-O...
And of course disable "Load textures on demand".

Now it is nice and smooth again.

Offline AgentQ

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
You know, I almost laughed.. almost.

A freaking 2,8 C2duo, 2GB ram and a 240GT should be more than enough to play the game.
It was okay at the prev. version, and the engine/stuff hasn't changed much.

that spec is ok. cheapest upgrade option is add 2gb memory.
And you could use a better Graphic card.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 04:53:01 pm by AgentQ »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
that spec is ok. cheapest upgrade option is add 2gb memory.
And you could use a better Graphic card.

I've worn out my 8800 GT a few months ago, that was alright too for cRPG, and bought this one for cheap, because this machine is not worth buying expensive things.

+2GB of DDR2 (yes, 2 because my Motherboard is the P5K from Asus, as far as I know it can't handle DDR3 xD) Sounds like a good idea, though.

But I have a nice Frame/Sec when I play other games (even cRPG when it's not crashing every 2 minutes, FPS is very nice) on med/high settings, so I don't get why a Warband mod is dying on me like crazy o.O
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 05:03:16 pm by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Just thinking out loud here, but if models are causing an issue, was there really a reason to change the head/face models? Just bringing this up as an example of items that fall into one of those "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it" things, especially when fixing it breaks it  :idea:

+1

New faces pump resources, fucked up old faces people wanted to keep and are ugly. Why were the faces changed in the first place ??? Was there any problem with the old ones ???

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
For me disabling(!) Vsync made the game a lot smoother.

Everyone should disable VSync from the Warband launcher, their implementation is buggy and lowers FPS much more than necessary.
If you want VSync enable it from your graphics driver control panel.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
The low res textures have helped a little bit, but problems are still there. I still see animations going too slowly, my characters move slowly and sometimes freeze while they wait to be hit by opponents. I see people sinking into the ground and bouncing back up. Ping is reported as fine, normally 40-60 range. I don't have a low spec machine at all (Quad core 2.2 processor, 1 gig VRAM, 4 gig RAM, Windows 7 64 bit) I've done all the tweaks with v sync, load textures etc. I don't have any problems playing on Native servers.

I'm afraid I have to report that EU10 is just as bad as EU1 in this respect once it gets a reasonable number of players using it.

EDIT: Forget all that. I am actually getting problems happening on Native. Seems to be something to do with my connection, as my ping keeps getting reported as being impossibly low...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 01:45:33 am by Elmetiacos »
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
For those having these issues, when you downloaded the patch, did you delete your old cRPG folder and then unzip, or did you click to overwrite?  :?:
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Both... the original change with upkeep and everything was a clean install; the various tweaks since have been overwrites.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Hm, might aswell post here.

My average ping is 100+ and I recently found out it was my ISP fucking things up.

But if I compare a native server and crpg gameplay wise, everything feels just sooooooooooooooooooooooo slow on cRPG. My swing and block animations have bad response time and delay, can't feint, character movement is weird...
The ping on native is the same, but the game feels a lot smoother and faster and just generally more responsive.

Could it be that I need to tinker around with my gfx settings a bit or could lag be the cause of all this?

2,6ghz quad core
4 gigs of ram
ATI HD5870
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 12:46:26 pm by Vibe »

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Deleted the mod and reinstalled it without any overwriting... so far, the lag seems to be greatly reduced. I recommend fellow lag sufferers try this.

Offline Tristan

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
  • Listen to wisdom!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Guards)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tristan
  • IRC nick: Guard_Tristan
I have far fewer lags and crashes than before. However:

1) I switched to win64 bit.
2) A fresh wb install with a frest mod install.

Dunno if that is worth anything to anyone.
He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened his mouth.