Author Topic: February patch preview, input appreciated  (Read 27953 times)

Offline Finse

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Finse, Hated
Re: February patch preview, input appreciated
« Reply #315 on: February 13, 2015, 09:57:30 am »
+1
I agree, and I've never found them to be a problem, you can usually ignore them, or kill them yourself, or they kill you like any other enemy. Especially because they all die in one hit. They don't require a nerf

And the fact that we are such a low populated class they will never be a bitch or a pain against a wast amount of players.

We might be annoying, but we are few. When we actully do a good round, we might be VERY smug about it.

So Daggers never needed a nerf and will never need one in the near future
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 10:22:02 am by Finse »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #316 on: February 13, 2015, 10:19:29 am »
+4
Considering Dagger&Shield a class is already silly in itself.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Finse

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 391
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Finse, Hated
« Reply #317 on: February 13, 2015, 10:24:53 am »
Considering Dagger&Shield a class is already silly in itself.

Silly indeed, but fun as hell

And we are from time to time faster than Ninjas

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2899
  • Infamy: 1315
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 13, 2015, 01:16:30 pm »
Don't see much difference between dagger and shield and let's say, Scottish sword and shield. As for nerf, based on what San has written in here, AGI chars will feel the damage nerf regardless of weapon. Hopefully that will translate into the game properly so the days of 9/36 katana and 12/33 miaodao spammers are finally over.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #319 on: February 13, 2015, 02:22:18 pm »
+1
Don't see much difference between dagger and shield and let's say, Scottish sword and shield. As for nerf, based on what San has written in here, AGI chars will feel the damage nerf regardless of weapon. Hopefully that will translate into the game properly so the days of 9/36 katana and 12/33 miaodao spammers are finally over.
super short weapon with high agi that can outrun out play anyone with footwork that always use best attack that is just superfast with often shield that is almost impossible to destroy
In my opinion short weapons are not always worse than long, length of the weapon depends on the role that weapon will play and often short weapon are faster that lon one.
So we have superfast character with great defense and really strong atack, class that cost you nothing to upkeep and is super annoying to fight against.
I agree with Gravoth  that you should not kill that class but make them harder to play or whatever.
takeaway pierce swings from daggers and force them to use attack directions instead of one stab direction.

I rather see daggers as optional attack like nuge than main weapon but that is just all my opinion.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 2276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 13, 2015, 03:08:57 pm »
+2
shield that is almost impossible to destroy

Blame the shield skill mechanics, which is nonsense if we compare it with every other skill in mod. Does 15 IF give you 100% invulnerability to all attacks? No. Does 15 PS/PD/PT give you ability to one-hit kill anyone? No. Does 15 ATH/RID means you can instantly teleport to desired location? No. Does 15 WM means that you can have infinite wpf, therefore making your attacks impossible to block? No it does not.

Shield skill is the sole example of bad game design. It works in a way, that low amounts suck while high amounts are making it better at exponential rate where at certain point it becomes godlike. Also, because it is connected with secondary attribute AGI, means you cannot be good shielder with a high STR build. Which does not make any sense if you think about it for a moment.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #321 on: February 13, 2015, 04:33:22 pm »
+3
Shield skill is also boring. I'd rather tone down the % reduction and give it a secondary effect like a small armor boost from improved defensive skills or better shield bashes (although it would be rather gimmicky).

I used to think shield skill using strength would be OP, but I think intelligent use of nudges can counter full strength shielders. It would still be close to OP, but not quite there imo.

Offline Rebelyell

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 398
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Bobby
  • IRC nick: boobby
« Reply #322 on: February 13, 2015, 04:45:02 pm »
Shield skill is also boring. I'd rather tone down the % reduction and give it a secondary effect like a small armor boost from improved defensive skills or better shield bashes (although it would be rather gimmicky).

I used to think shield skill using strength would be OP, but I think intelligent use of nudges can counter full strength shielders. It would still be close to OP, but not quite there imo.
can we have like 3 tiers of shields?
some require agi some strength and some agi and strength
keep shields skill agi based and then work with secondary effects on them

you would be able to create shield calsses difrent form each with difrent perks

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
You just killed me
Nerf you maybe?

Offline San

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 13, 2015, 04:56:12 pm »
Only 1 difficulty requirement fits per item class, otherwise we would have different requirements for weapons. Shields aren't interesting enough to put that amount of work in it.

Shield skill increases forcefield, durability, and speed. That is everything a Shielder wants, but it is boring since the durability increase makes shields that are already durable less appealing due to their low speed stats. More armor would cause more problems though, lol.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #324 on: February 13, 2015, 04:59:07 pm »
+1
Then you haven't seen Bumbo_Tones etc, prof daggersticks

Oh yes, bumbo_tones, so scary, always topping scoreboards with 15-0 K/d's, impossible to beat in duels and just invincible on the battle field. Oh wait, every time i see him play he's above average. He used to do really well before rondel got nerfed the first time.

Niche but fun build, not amazingly effective but it does work. It's already been nerfed before, dont kill it off.

super short weapon with high agi that can outrun out play anyone with footwork that always use best attack that is just superfast with often shield that is almost impossible to destroy
In my opinion short weapons are not always worse than long, length of the weapon depends on the role that weapon will play and often short weapon are faster that lon one.
So we have superfast character with great defense and really strong atack, class that cost you nothing to upkeep and is super annoying to fight against.
I agree with Gravoth  that you should not kill that class but make them harder to play or whatever.
takeaway pierce swings from daggers and force them to use attack directions instead of one stab direction.

I rather see daggers as optional attack like nuge than main weapon but that is just all my opinion.

Many classes do sound strong without noting their weaknesses, but going into detail on strengths. You did mention super short weapon though, which is one big downside, a simple jump can get you out of their range. And with that opportunity you can get a spam hit, and that hit is probably going to kill. You could also use the kick, because against a weapon the size of my dick you have to be in their face, and its sooooooooo easy to punish dagger users with a simple kick, and ofcourse follow up swing will kill. About the shield, stop basing their shield, backpeddal and kick, fuck the shield if you can hit their face.

They are already plenty hard enough to play well, you can do okayish most rounds, but just simple mistakes are punished with death.

I repeat, its already been nerfed, dont kill it off. Bumbo is the only one i actually see play it well, and even then its not like its an amazing class that needs to be nerfed. Its an annoying niche class, that does appeal to some.

Unless its blatantly overpowered, dont nerf. If its unplayably weak, buff. Dont start nerfing shit just because some scrubs cant adapt to different playstyles.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 15, 2015, 02:26:16 am »
+2
Allow facial hair/mustaches for female characters.

Offline San

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 15, 2015, 03:48:55 am »
+12
I had an electrical fire at my home a week and a half ago, but I was able to move my PC to the hotel recently so I could continue adding stuff. I added ~50% of the new items yesterday. The item team is also working on optimization. I'm slow at it, but I'd like the next patch to come out ASAP.

Offline Akronus97

• Baron
  • Renown: 132
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kreus, Etard_without_R, Did_I_hear_PARTEY
« Reply #327 on: February 15, 2015, 09:55:32 am »
+1
Nice to see that you care about the mod
"There are no spams, just missed blocks" - Makelele 2014

Offline _Tamra_

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 296
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Greys & Druzhina & Vanguard & Mercs & Krems
  • Game nicks: Tamra & Asha Campana
« Reply #328 on: February 15, 2015, 12:56:25 pm »
Don't know if you have fixed this already, but having items with same names really suck when one want to trade them :/

http://www.directupload.net/file/d/3899/ib9ua7g6_png.htm

Altho you see which specific item you put up if you check your own trade offer, but still.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 01:01:53 pm by Lady_Lamerina »
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Definitely not a fucking forum warrior.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #329 on: February 15, 2015, 12:59:54 pm »
+2
I had an electrical fire at my home a week and a half ago, but I was able to move my PC to the hotel recently so I could continue adding stuff. I added ~50% of the new items yesterday. The item team is also working on optimization. I'm slow at it, but I'd like the next patch to come out ASAP.

A fire? So sorry to hear that man. Wishing you recover and get back on track with your life soon. Maybe it wasn't even a big fire or anything but it is always rough to deal with stuff like that.