Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Ruble.
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2014, 10:49:57 pm »
I don't know how serious you are about this New World Order business, but it is just a fucked up idea that will never work.

Considering the path taken by history, it will happen eventually. No need for boogeymen, regular people change too (or rather, people don't change but the way they organize does change).

About those electronic ID cards we got them here and it's bloody convenient to be able to order many official documents over the internet. It's also not RFID so there's really no way to read or even detect it without your consent.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2014, 11:38:50 pm »
When I first heard about them, I also thought of the many conveniences it could offer. But then I remembered where I live. Ours will definitely have RFID. Probably even a brand new advanced technology at that.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2014, 09:17:45 am »
Considering the path taken by history, it will happen eventually. No need for boogeymen, regular people change too (or rather, people don't change but the way they organize does change).

About those electronic ID cards we got them here and it's bloody convenient to be able to order many official documents over the internet. It's also not RFID so there's really no way to read or even detect it without your consent.
You noticed the contradiction yourself but were just to lazy to edit the post, right?
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2014, 01:02:51 pm »
When I first heard about them, I also thought of the many conveniences it could offer. But then I remembered where I live. Ours will definitely have RFID. Probably even a brand new advanced technology at that.

What, in Turkey?

A snitch network of informants is probably more realistic.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2014, 01:16:23 pm »
A snitch network of informants is probably more realistic.

We already have that. And who said the buggers will create their own technology? They are known for knowing no boundaries and playing it extravagant when it comes to importing policing and surveillance technology.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 24, 2014, 01:16:37 pm »
You noticed the contradiction yourself but were just to lazy to edit the post, right?

Oh, that's true but I'm fine with whoever being able to tell when I order official documents online honestly. That's implicit consent, and it's not like I can't get them directly at the local administration building if I deem the online system not secure enough. It would be a real problem if an electronic device could instantly detect and identify me based on proximity, which would be possible with RFID cards.