Author Topic: Star Wars 7 Teaser  (Read 10398 times)

Offline Weren

• Duke
  • Renown: 588
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: irc://Weren
Re: Star Wars 7 Teaser
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2014, 03:13:35 pm »
+2
http://i.imgur.com/Xc6mozE.mp4

Seriously though, I too think that the crossguard is step in the right direction and the benefits it offers overweigh the risks.
However I have to admit the one in the film doesn't look very aesthetically pleasing.

(click to show/hide)

Free speech is about to become terrorism.

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2014, 03:41:11 pm »
+1
http://i.imgur.com/Xc6mozE.mp4

Seriously though, I too think that the crossguard is step in the right direction and the benefits it offers overweigh the risks.
However I have to admit the one in the film doesn't look very aesthetically pleasing.

(click to show/hide)

The biggest problem I have with the trailer is they have a lightsaber design that they could have made work, but not it's like fuck it, this works. This would have been a big jump for advancing the ideas of new lightsaber types, which I'm completely down with, but they tripped up on it this time. On another note.

Revenge of the Sith is legitimately great. The last half of that movie is silly melodramatic space opera done right.

Also the idea of this movie bombing is retarded. You are about to be immersed in a Star Wars circlejerk with annual releases and theatrical spin offs  (Boba Fett standalone script already done I believe) and EA videogames by Battlefield's DICE.

Disney is going to run this shit into the ground. Probably get some good movies though but god damn Star Wars is going to be dumped on our faces real soon nonstop. This is just the beginning.

I'd agree Revenge of the Sith was good for the most parts, and Episode 1 and 2 opened up the Expanded Universe enough to allow some great things to happen so I'm also fine with them. I'm also a fan of the New Jedi Order Era, which is basically everything after the orginal trilogy, and I'm most lamenting the fact that they are probably gonna tear all of it down. More than two decades worth of Lore rejected. Which is probably the case with part of the fan base anyway since they don't/ didn't care.  Oh well, maybe this will have some good stuff come from as well.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Voncrow

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • No honour in retreat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereign Kingdom of Thirdarrel
  • Game nicks: Voncrow, Bane, Velcrow
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2014, 05:07:12 pm »
I'm in 2 different nerd minds about it, on the one hand it's a fun diversion and it'd be a shame to remove it all, but on the other hand most of it completely devalues the entire point of the original trilogy and i'd be glad to see it go/be overruled:

If the classic story is about Anakin's fall and redemption, the idea of the Emperor having clones of himself or surviving or whatever completely ruins it, making Return of the Jedi and Vader's sacrifice kinda pointless from a storytelling perspective. And noone wants something that makes the good films less good.

As long as the 7th film doesnt do anything that makes the original trilogy shit then i'm happy, even more so if it totally destroys all of the more cringeworthy expanded universe stuff (not all of it). Then again, if it does we can just do what we did with Indiana Jones 4 and pretend it never happened.

This, there is a lot of garbage out there with the gems, but you are still throwing out the gems, plus what comes may be better than what we had. So it's a sit and wait kind of thing where you are either anxious to see how good things turn out or dreading how bad things turn out. More than anything it's your state of mind here that determines how you feel about this. And with the New trilogy and the cartoons, people probably don't have a lot of hope out there for the most part. But it's still a wait and see thing, people on this forum probably have more experience with that at least.
'The only people who might be put off M:BG by the current state of cRPG would be cRPG players, and we don't want that kind of scum in M:BG anyway.' - Heskey

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2014, 05:25:25 pm »
+1
Did you know George Lucas owns two billion dollars in Disney stock and is the single largest living shareholder?

Don't realize viral YouTube hits reposted on forums for more hits is the entire point of Internet marketing?  Every click feeds Google Disney and George Lucas more money. Inflates expected box office receipts for shady jew accounting as well.

AD BLOCK AHAHAHAHAHAH my old friend

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2014, 05:36:18 pm »
Also, that whole concept is retarded. As if anyone who saw it linked here wouldn't have watched the trailer at some point in any case. It's Star Wars. Take off your tinfoil hat.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2014, 06:00:48 pm »
+2
Honestly there are some parts of the Extended Universe (E.U.) I kinda hope Disney overwrites (fucking palpatine clones). That said there are plenty off odd years(in the existing  E.U. Timeline) here and there for Disney to write new stories in without necessarily overwriting the old canon.  Worse case secnario as I see it is that two divergent timelines develop for the Star Wars Universe. The Old Testament of the E.U. Books and Such Canon, and the New Testament of the Disney and Such Canon.  Either way it means new Star Wars content for me to obsess over, and that is quite alright.

(click to show/hide)
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Swaggart

• Earl
  • Renown: 481
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2014, 07:13:52 pm »
Han shooting that green motherfucker was what made Han the badass he was. Good thing Lucas isn't involved anymore.

Offline Herezy92

• Earl
  • Renown: 414
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Frog
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Herezy
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2014, 07:25:37 pm »
+1
(click to show/hide)

Well if they don't change the Extended universe, something around +25 years after the Battle of Yavin IV, there is a new extra-galactic race invading the Star Wars' galaxy. The Yuuzhan Vong race.

It would have been interesting to have the 3 factions in this new trilogy.
The first episode, it's like "the good old times" With the new republic fighting the old Empire.
And then, step by step, they will have to ally if they want to beat the Extra-galactic alien invasion. (like in the books if i'm correct)
(click to show/hide)

But sadly, i'm afraid that it wont be something original like this. And i think it will stay a very basic story. ("basic" for movies, because books goes deeper in the universe)

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2014, 10:41:42 pm »
+2
(click to show/hide)

Well if they don't change the Extended universe, something around +25 years after the Battle of Yavin IV, there is a new extra-galactic race invading the Star Wars' galaxy. The Yuuzhan Vong race.

It would have been interesting to have the 3 factions in this new trilogy.
The first episode, it's like "the good old times" With the new republic fighting the old Empire.
And then, step by step, they will have to ally if they want to beat the Extra-galactic alien invasion. (like in the books if i'm correct)
(click to show/hide)

But sadly, i'm afraid that it wont be something original like this. And i think it will stay a very basic story. ("basic" for movies, because books goes deeper in the universe)

The Yuuzhan Vong story arc is probably the most original Star Wars arc you can find, always sorta bugged me they went back to the same basic "Jedi falls to the dark side" shtick for the Legacy of the Force arc, though I did enjoy Boba Fetts story within that story arc.

(click to show/hide)
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2014, 10:48:14 pm »
+3
You know Sparvico, the spoilers go inside the spoiler tag, and the warning outside.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2014, 10:56:52 pm »
I mean the books have only been out for well on a decade or more now. Sooooo.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2014, 11:00:28 pm »
+1
Nah I don't really care, all the info about SW I get from online wikis, was really just writing some random post on the thread to follow it

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2014, 11:01:39 pm »
Also spoilers I guess, but really you were never going to read them anyway.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Thorvic

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ordre de l'Étoile
  • Game nicks: OdE_Thorvic
« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2014, 11:45:13 pm »
+10

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1787
  • Infamy: 2456
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2014, 01:08:15 am »
+1
Honestly there are some parts of the Extended Universe (E.U.)

Didn't they say Extended Universe isn't and never be canonical and they don't give a shit about it?