Author Topic: Star Wars 7 Teaser  (Read 10392 times)

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars 7 Teaser
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2014, 02:43:50 am »
+8
Also to the ones who bitched about stormtrooper being black (which was 100000x more on YT comments)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2014, 03:39:20 am »
+6
People getting mad over a senseless LIGHTSABER design
senseless LIGHTSABER design
senseless LIGHTSABER

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2014, 08:27:56 am »
+5
Really hope this is a fake/troll. What is that lightsaber crossguard nonsense? A black stormtrooper? Really?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Crossguard_lightsaber

To be fair Roblio Darté's saber is not a dual sided perpendicular cross guard, but there is a precedent. In any event lightsaber cross guards are an excellent design improvement. It always bugged me that Lucas was to vain/ignorant to consult with literally anyone that knows the most basic thing about saber/sword play when he designed the lightsabers. You're not going to have a weapon that can cut through literally almost anything and not put a motherfucking cross guard on it.

The problem is the blade guards are pointless because they don't extend fully to the hilt, they have emitters extending from the hilt below where the actual blade emits. So they are blade guards that don't guard the hilt and are therefore worthless.

Slap some Cortosis on the hilt and use the cross guard to stop them from cutting your hand off. Though a metallic cross-guard made of a Cortosis composite would be even better, as it would be less dangerous to the wielder.

As to the clone trooper being black.
After the failed uprising on Kamino in 12 BBY, Emperor Palpatine came to the conclusion that an army of clone soldiers was far too susceptible to corruption. Thus, he expanded the Stormtrooper Corps to include clones that were created from a variety of genetic templates, effectively marginalizing Jango Fett's progeny into a minority status. In addition to the massive influx of new clone sources, the Corps began recruiting real Human beings to serve in the ranks as enlisted stormtroopers.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Stormtrooper
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 08:34:50 am by Sparvico »
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 72
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Torr and FleetFox
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2014, 11:13:58 am »
Can't fucking wait.
"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline Johnnyfirs

• Earl
  • Renown: 351
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Rain Meat
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
  • Game nicks: Hugtand, milkman_whos_had_enough
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2014, 12:26:14 pm »
+2
To be fair crossguards make complete sense when the other dude has a sword of light that can cut your hand off pretty easily if you mess up :D I mean its not like nearly every sword made has some kind of guard right.
Like all big franchises, the die hard fans will always dislike changes, even the slightest. Can't we all admit the sith dude looks pretty badass wielding that lightsaber?
Sure, there's like 80% chance of the movie being a complete failure (80% might even be generous) - but come on it's Star Wars, we have to see it and I'm not even that much of a fan... Star Wars is just Star Wars.
And besides, it's a teaser... Not a trailer. Think they said the movie would come out December 2015 tho, so there's probably not going long before the real trailers are coming.

www.youtube.com/johnnyfirs
My feelings regenerate at twice the speed of a normal man.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2014, 03:20:30 pm »
+16

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2014, 03:34:52 pm »
+3
Like all big franchises, the die hard fans will always dislike changes, even the slightest.

It's not about disliking change, it's about the lightsaber looking ridiculous. It's like someone tasked his 4 year old kid with coming up with a new lightsaber design.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2014, 04:36:38 pm »
+3
The sound/look of a lightsaber always made me think two blades meeting had a sort of "stickiness" to it and that's why they didn't have guards.
And how!

Offline Tibe

• King
  • Renown: 1335
  • Infamy: 287
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2014, 05:05:50 pm »
+2
Ye, the lightsaber bothers me aswell. I mean good fucking god. Im no fan of Star Wars, I think its alright, but thats about it. But there is no bloody way in hell, that is a practical sword.
With a stupidass hilt like that, you cant make atleast half of those moves without stabbing yourself in the stomach, shoulder or chopping your own arm off with it.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2014, 05:34:32 pm »
+1
Yeah I'm not even a Star Wars nerd/fanboy, but the Lightsaber is just lame as fuck and everyone who had something to do with it being a part of the movie is an idiot lol. The lightsabers are a huge part of Star Wars and one of the coolest parts too, why gay it up with a retarded and childish design idea which is also a massive design flaw.

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2014, 06:10:40 pm »
+3
Let's see.. I got a retro, back to the roots kinda vibe from this teaser.

About the lightsabre.. well they had to come up with something. What would u want? Curved lightsabers? :D

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline Sparvico

• Marshall
  • Renown: 976
  • Infamy: 174
  • Steam ID: Sparvico
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mossbacks
  • Game nicks: Sparvico et al.
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2014, 07:14:25 pm »
+2
IS the cross guard in the movie asinine? Yes. Is the idea of not having anything to protect your motherfucking hand from a motherfucking sword of pure goddamn light and pain also asinine? Yes.

At least it's a step in the right direction. Now it just needs to not look stupid.
Mossback_Westwood: "I swear 2 my semitic God if you give me this bundle of sticks's address I'll cut off his ear and eat it"

Offline njames89

• the Old Leaf
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1488
  • Infamy: 457
  • cRPG Player
  • Deus vult, Dieu le veut, God wills it!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kingdom of Acre, The Holy Chadzian Empire
  • Game nicks: King James IV, John IV, Temujin of the Wolves, William III
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2014, 07:16:35 pm »
+2
Yeah the crossguard was a lelele moment. I am still hardcore nerd hyped. *empire music plays*

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2014, 07:41:19 pm »
+6
IS the cross guard in the movie asinine? Yes. Is the idea of not having anything to protect your motherfucking hand from a motherfucking sword of pure goddamn light and pain also asinine? Yes.

At least it's a step in the right direction. Now it just needs to not look stupid.
A step in the right direction? What? No, it's not. It's ten times more asinine. It's a hundred times more dangerous than not having a crossguard. It does not make any sense whatsoever. Especially since if that material where the crossguard-lightsaber comes out of it can't protect against another lightsaber, the entire design is pointless. If it can? Then it's also pointless. You could've just made a crossguard out of that material.

Most importantly, it looks dumb as fuck. It's about as cool as something very uncool.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline WarLord

• Earl
  • Renown: 354
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2014, 07:51:03 pm »
+3
The sound/look of a lightsaber always made me think two blades meeting had a sort of "stickiness" to it and that's why they didn't have guards.

This. This a hundred times.