Author Topic: Regarding bans  (Read 1451 times)

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
Re: Regarding bans
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2014, 08:29:26 pm »
Maybe constantly just banning for 1 hour by admin is enough? No more "5 days" or anything...

Manually by admin because it's faster and most of the times more reliable than the polls.
He fucks up? Ban him for 1 hour manually. He comes back? Ban him for another hour... they gonna learn pretty quick this way I would imagine...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2014, 08:33:14 pm »
You're not a bad admin but I think you take your duty a bit too seriously, in the light of current evens (dead mod, dead kickstarter, pretty much dead everything about this community and game/mod). DTV is something I like to play but due to changes can't bother really because it has been ruined so much that only map where server is still full is that castle map. Can't blame the players who act silly on that server when most of the time it is half empty and people are there for shits and giggles.

Ever since the stock maps are back on the server is full more often again.
But yeah, the mod is incredibly empty compared to a few months ago.
Not banning people will not help though. Well let me rephrase: Not banning anybody.
I agree that bans are the last resort. But some people just do not understand simple warnings. They need time off cRPG to think about their behavior.

Everybody is a twat every now and then. No problem with that, but there are certain people who are a twat 99% of the time, and only very occasionally are not a pain in the arse.
These people need a day or so off to think about how they should behave ingame and towards other people.
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2014, 11:36:21 pm »
Maybe constantly just banning for 1 hour by admin is enough? No more "5 days" or anything...

Manually by admin because it's faster and most of the times more reliable than the polls.
He fucks up? Ban him for 1 hour manually. He comes back? Ban him for another hour... they gonna learn pretty quick this way I would imagine...

Honestly the people that would be deterred by a 1 hour ban usually straighten out with just pink text or a kick. There are some who would join immediately after the 1 hour was up to do it again and again, just to spite you ("you" being either the admin who banned them, former clan members, their ~CRPG crush~, or just the community in general - trolls have many motivations).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2014, 11:41:11 pm »
These people need a day or so off to think about how they should behave ingame and towards other people.

Suggesting ethics and etiquette on a mod where trolling is not only encouraged, but essentially mandatory

Yeah that'll work  :rolleyes:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 808
  • Infamy: 628
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2014, 12:01:51 am »
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 12:53:57 am by Leshma »

Offline Moncho

• King
  • Renown: 1127
  • Infamy: 221
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Moncho, Some_Random_STF, Some_Random_Troll
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2014, 11:09:30 am »
Someone please start quoting shemale's posts so that we have an option to reread them once its other personality takes over and replaces them with sexy dots

Offline lombardsoup

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 222
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2014, 03:27:06 pm »
Someone please start quoting shemale's posts so that we have an option to reread them once its other personality takes over and replaces them with sexy dots

You could just ban it outright, but sure I'll start doing that and taking screencaps to boot.