Author Topic: [upkeep] 12 rounds in a row  (Read 5427 times)

Offline Hirschblte

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: [upkeep] 12 rounds in a row
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2011, 01:58:00 am »
Please stop these useless threads. Look for old threads with all the math done, one guy even did a simulation of 1000 rounds, you don't need to play 7 rounds and post the results here, we have data of 1k rounds already. Results are:

Assuming you lose every round, you can afford 25k gold worth of equipment. If you have more at 1x, you lose gold. This is very simple math if you cannot do it (linear equation) then go back to school, don't waste your life on videogames without getting a proper education. Waste it later.

Assuming you win half the rounds you can afford 48500 gold worth of equipment.
well, that's nasty. thanks for wasting *your* life reading this post. next time i would be thankful for some real data instead of just raging a little.

Offline Hirschblte

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2011, 01:59:54 am »
Me too. Siege is sweet. I even bought a heraldic transitional, because why the fuck not, I have all the money in the world - used it only once since then.

Really man, just switch to weaker gear once in a while. Change your horse to sumpter or palfrey, keep some shitty leather armor or something. Also, you REALLY hit a losing streak, had to (this phrase still sound stupid) repair your horse way more often than normal.
i understand. thx. but is this the intention? i thought, my set is allready crappy. so i expected it to last a little longer.

Offline Ishar

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Mr Shitgrin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ishar_III
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2011, 02:03:27 am »
Yes, that is intentional. Your set is not crappy at all, it's well above average gear. The basic concept of the patch was that you should be able to constantly upkeep around 20-25k worth of equipment. Your horse alone is worth slightly more than 20k.
"Also, thank you for reporting your own post." Mylet

Offline Hirschblte

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2011, 02:07:12 am »
a black lamellar vest, a heavy lance and a plain cav shield is above the average gear?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 02:08:13 am by Hirschblte »

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2011, 02:08:43 am »
It's all been said. Don't bring your horse to every single map - including ones where horses don't do well like Port Assault, Unfair Castle* and that XP Tower on EU4 - and you will gain money enough to offset the money you lose on the rounds where you do want your horse.
*it's not officially called that, but you know which one I mean
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Hirschblte

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2011, 02:12:55 am »
ah. so why are so many naked ppl out there?

Offline Moscher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2011, 02:16:33 am »
Because they grinding Money, go naked and farm money.

I dont played months to upgrade good items and then to wear peasant stuff.

I dont heirloom a Straw hat.

I am not a Tin can i am a agi builded player with maximal 15 Strenght. I cannot wear my Lordly Tabard mail, my Gauntlet or my helmet.
Shields are nerfed again. 10 k costs for a Steel shield.

But i dont wanna play a peasant set, thats so boring. And i have no fun to farm 2 hours to play 30 min my style.

Offline Ishar

• Noble
  • Renown: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Mr Shitgrin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ishar_III
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2011, 02:19:11 am »
Unfair Castle*

*it's not officially called that, but you know which one I mean
There's plenty. Which one are you talking about? The one with the flag directly at the gate (grass map), the one with the ladderspam capabilities (desert), the wooden castle with the big house next to the flag, or the new unbeatable snowy one?
"Also, thank you for reporting your own post." Mylet

Offline Hirschblte

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2011, 02:35:14 am »
Because they grinding Money, go naked and farm money.

this is the intention?

Offline AirPhforce

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2011, 02:52:23 am »
this is the intention?

The intention is to wear 25k in gear and lose every game. You can have a top tier weapon with this limit and good armor and still afford it. If you want more then that, win some games or farm.

You have wine tastes on a beer wallet my friend.

Offline Kung Fu Jesus

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2011, 03:18:57 am »
Why do people keep saying to win more games? That was taken out with the hotfix. And we all know teamwork is not the answer because it won't happen. Those winning teams aren't using teamwork. They have a stacked team. I bet everyone who joins a server, first checks the scores and who's on the teams. Then tries to get on that team. Its ALL about stacking now and the luck of the autobalancer. On top of that, now it seems like every other round is a draw. There goes the ONLY reason to win a round, the multiplier. Because there are no other incentives to win. There's no k/d benefit. No assist benefits. Nothing.

So I use shitty equipment, hoping my team wins, hoping the autobalancer doesn't fuck me, hoping I don't have to repair everything at once. There's a lot of hoping and luck there. And that is my problem.

PS: I do like the patch overall. I do not like the roll of the dice determining my income.
"My belt holds up my pants and my pants have belt loops that hold up the belt. What the fuckĀ’'s really going on down there? Who is the real hero?" - Mitch

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1576
  • Infamy: 1450
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2011, 03:24:00 am »
And we all know teamwork is not the answer because it won't happen. Those winning teams aren't using teamwork. They have a stacked team.

You're wrong. Teams consisting of Mercs and Shogunate members are winning not because their members are gods on the battlefield (although they are above average and some of them are among the best players), they are winning because they have tactics and sense of teamwork. Random folks don't and that's why they lose. But sometimes even random guys can organize and wipe the team full of organized clannies.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 03:25:20 am by Leshma »

Offline Belatu

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 111
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • what
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Belatucadros
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2011, 03:41:27 am »
I cant afford my horse.    :?
My fridge is my shield

Offline Ganon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Ganon, Linkk
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2011, 04:34:51 am »
well, that's nasty. thanks for wasting *your* life reading this post. next time i would be thankful for some real data instead of just raging a little.

Just look it up it's in this forum, you can find the code for the simulation a guy did and run it yourself if you want. The math behind the 25k at 1x is in this same post, just read it then stfu.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2011, 04:50:36 am »
Why do people keep saying to win more games? That was taken out with the hotfix.

No, because when you win your chance of item degredation is reduced (50% of the losing teams % I believe) AND you get the multiplier.  Winning a few games here and there lets you wear quite a bit of gear above the 25k mark.  I wear on average 43k worth of gear and I'm making a profit.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?