Author Topic: EU1 vs EU2  (Read 2472 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: EU1 vs EU2
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2014, 09:32:40 pm »
+2
Shut up, you scallywag!

I genuinely first thought "this is funny I heard that somewhere before".

Offline hellou

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2014, 09:23:35 am »
From time to time people need new challenge.

Level progression and roleplay are ok but the combat in crpg isnt fun. I would revert back the combat changes to how it was meant to play by game developers. Look people stay around or behind you in crpg and disable your swings. There is nothing that can stop them to do this, its not fun. People run in circles in a group fight and don’t allow you to hit the enemy while enemy hit you all the time, this is no fun. Combat is too slow; 1h damage too low, effective builds are reduced to 2h polearm.
Replace broken animations with original ones, like animation for stab, because your animations sometimes don’t even connect with the target.
Why people don’t want play on Eu1, because there is no challenge. The challenge of survive a round is disabled by depo admin, that force you to suicide as last man standing versus 10 enemies. On NA there is no such problem because the winner team go for the flag but on Eu1 play more retards that will search for the last man to get that last free kill. So if there is no challenge to stay alive why play on EU1 if you can unlimited spawn on EU2.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2014, 10:17:11 am »
+2
I think the argument that you have to wait more on Battle is a load of crap. Battle rounds probably last like 4.5 minutes on average. If you play smart it is pretty easy to stay alive for 3.5 minutes on average. Siege probably has a similar average round time, so if you die 3 times on average as defender, you already accrued more waiting time than on Battle. As attacker it is 5 seconds per death, but the running to the fight is usually completely devoid of any action, so that is basically waiting while having to press W. Getting the wait all in one go allows you to alt-tab, browse the forum, check your email or Facebook, fap and then play again.

However, the biggest plus of playing Battle for me is that people play more carefully. On Siege you can substitute skill with armour, high alpha damage weapons and spamming to a much larger extent. I get very frustrated at people not responding to threats constantly on Siege, simply because they rather get hit and get a kill than not get the kill and continue unscathed. A melee fight on Siege is far less enjoyable than on Battle, because the incentive to not die is much weaker, which makes a whole load of tricks and actions irrelevant.

If we are going to argue which server should be shut off first, there is a strong argument for it being Siege, as it completely unables an entire class category to play. Balance has always been focused on Battle, because that is where the biggest number of classes and playstyles are viable.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 10:45:48 am by Teeth »

Offline Krex

• Earl
  • Renown: 403
  • Infamy: 165
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • How did I get here?
    • View Profile
    • Steam
  • Game nicks: Krex
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2014, 11:27:27 am »
+1
Someone already suggested it,but having one server that changes between battle/siege/conquest would be the best idea,if  you would want to shutdown one.

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Tomeusz link=topic=45416.msg717346#msg717346
horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2014, 11:51:50 am »
If we are going to argue which server should be shut off first, there is a strong argument for it being Siege, as it completely unables an entire class category to play. Balance has always been focused on Battle, because that is where the biggest number of classes and playstyles are viable.

didn't get why suddenly we're talking about shutting down servers but yeah,  +1 for argumentation
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2014, 11:59:53 am »
+8
If we are going to argue which server should be shut off first, there is a strong argument for it being Siege,
lel, I have a much better argument for shutting Eu1: ppl don't want to play on Eu1 and that's why this server is empty. So yeah, let's shut Eu2 and enforce ppl to play server which they don't like.

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2014, 12:06:11 pm »
+3
I think the argument that you have to wait more on Battle is a load of crap. Battle rounds probably last like 4.5 minutes on average. If you play smart it is pretty easy to stay alive for 3.5 minutes on average. Siege probably has a similar average round time, so if you die 3 times on average as defender, you already accrued more waiting time than on Battle. As attacker it is 5 seconds per death, but the running to the fight is usually completely devoid of any action, so that is basically waiting while having to press W
And on Eu1 you don't run at all.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2014, 12:30:08 pm »
lel, I have a much better argument for shutting Eu1: ppl don't want to play on Eu1 and that's why this server is empty. So yeah, let's shut Eu2 and enforce ppl to play server which they don't like.
Well that is just not true. Currently there are 66 players on EU 1 and 9 on Siege. Sometimes Battle has more, sometimes Siege, but populating always starts with Battle and usually ends with it. Apart from being invalid, it is also not a better argument.

And on Eu1 you don't run at all.
On EU 1 there is usually danger and decisionmaking involved in nearly any run time, on Siege it is mostly a matter of aiming and opening chat.

didn't get why suddenly we're talking about shutting down servers but yeah,  +1 for argumentation
The OP mentioned it.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2084
  • Infamy: 2970
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2014, 12:55:27 pm »
+4

Strong argument? You do realize siege is the more populated one? Why shut down the more populated server to accommodate less populated one?

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2014, 01:03:00 pm »
+5
If by play smart you mean having the luck of not getting instantly shot by 1 of the many projectiles around simply by camping/hiding constantly, and having the luck to be part of the melee-zerg team (or banner stack), then yeah.

The only moments eu_1 has more players is either early morning when people have an hard time comprehending that to populate a server (eu_2) you actually have to join it, since the maps are too big for low pop, or when a strat battle is happening. On the latter, even DTV has more players than eu_1.
And yes, I've been monitoring these numbers lately (post-patch).

About number of builds viable, every single build is viable on eu_2 (HA isn't viable anywhere now, so yeah), "if you play smart", p.e. Mr_Lemon yesterday was wrecking ass with a completely fucked build of donkey throwing with war darts.

Offline Ikarus

• King
  • Renown: 1470
  • Infamy: 121
  • Your favourite Schnitzel
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Ikarooz, CrossBowbimbo
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2014, 01:41:25 pm »
+10
I just like playing both on EU1 and EU2 :x

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2014, 02:32:49 pm »
+1
I do too but with the epic rangedfest and low pop counts EU2 seems to be the way to go.

That's why I suggested a mixed server, keeps players together and as long as we don't get fucking helms deep keeps most people happy.

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2014, 03:04:27 pm »
+3
Both servers are great and both are active - why discuss a non-issue?

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2014, 03:09:59 pm »
Why not? It's healthier than OP's fail at bait.

Offline Mr_Oujamaflip

• Earl
  • Renown: 322
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • Ouj Reviews!
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2014, 03:10:40 pm »
Theyre not that active.

Other day EU1 was on like 17 people.