Author Topic: Lolhammers - again  (Read 2642 times)

Offline Sir_Mateusz

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Lolhammers - again
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2011, 03:32:26 am »
Crushthrough should be removed. Its too op and annoying. Noobs with lolhammers don't need any skills or practice to kill other players its just overhead strike, overhead strike, overhead strike, overhead strike, overhead strike, and think they are cool.
Knockdown is ok.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011, 03:58:24 am »
Crushthrough should be removed. Its too op and annoying. Noobs with lolhammers don't need any skills or practice to kill other players its just overhead strike, overhead strike, overhead strike, overhead strike, overhead strike, and think they are cool.
Knockdown is ok.

Crushthrough is fine, now when only the mauls have it. When we had fast crushthrough weapons, things were ridiculous. Also, saying noobs with lolhammers don't need any skill to kill is wrong. They will only kill other noobs, because good players know how to counter hammers.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Furax

• Noble
  • Renown: 15
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2011, 05:27:26 am »
Ive hammered a few heads lately, only with cloth armour are you not getting outspammed by everyone with whatever. There are no shorter and slower weapons than the mauls, the long maul has some range, but still outranged by all pole and most 2handers(also you could be outspammed by a 3agi build using that thing).

Whilst I agree the barmace and before that morningstar was overpowered, the remaining crushthrough weapons are fine. And if your getting killed by crushthrough people more often than arrows, swords, lances or bolts you must be actively seeking out theese hammer-men, cause there are not many.

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2011, 10:12:47 am »
Lets remove CT altogether and all run around with huscarls!

Yay for playing how you want!

(click to show/hide)
Turtles

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2011, 11:36:43 am »
fight crushthrough with spam

Offline v/onMega

• Count
  • Renown: 234
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_vMega
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 12:14:25 pm »
Getting kills with a great maul actually isnt that easy :-)

Last thing a victim will see is the overhead hiting him, yes.
What they mostly forget is:
You need to get to a good position, you need timing (more as with any other weapon), footwork ando awareness.

GreatMaul surely demands much more than many would admit.

Crushthrough got a really really  rare sight, keep it how it is. Allready enough downsides.

Whine about mauls is so 2010 btw... xD

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 01:00:31 pm »
What is the lolhammer
Weapons that crush through blocks like the Mallet, Great Maul and Long Maul are nicknamed "lolhammer".
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Joseph

• Knight
  • Renown: 26
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • I am your worst french nightmare.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 10:58:15 pm »
The lolhammer is the only true great counter against a turtle shielder in melee. The lolhammer is supposed to be a support weapon able to crush through enemy shielders your friends have a problem with. However, both for the sake of realism and balance, I suggest one makes the lolhammer unable to block. In real life its a lot easier to block with a dagger than with a heavy weapon like the lolhammer. Also making the lolhammer not able to block would place it right where it belongs: as a support weapon to pop out from behind an ally and deal a crushing blow on a turtle shielder. For the sake of variety, realism and fun, keep the amazing destructive power of the lolhammer, and rather remove something unrealistic from the game. (blocking with the lolhammer, if my sentences were a bit hard to understand)

Can you tell me what is realistic in this game?  :|
"Dam those peasants bite hard"

Offline Tequnique

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2011, 02:30:28 am »
Getting kills with a great maul actually isnt that easy :-)

Last thing a victim will see is the overhead hiting him, yes.
What they mostly forget is:
You need to get to a good position, you need timing (more as with any other weapon), footwork ando awareness.

GreatMaul surely demands much more than many would admit.

Crushthrough got a really really  rare sight, keep it how it is. Allready enough downsides.

Whine about mauls is so 2010 btw... xD

It's not really whining :)
I would call it feedback.
Everytime I see a LOLhammer I try to avoid confrontation if im using a 1-h and shield.
I find my self a somewhat slighty above the average player - and on a good day I can easily deal with most 1-h and 2-h weapons by moving in and closing the distance - and then eventually find an opening in the opponents defenses.
On the maul - however - I find it disturbingly hard.
I don't really see how a knockdown instead of instakill would make the maul a less weapon of choice.
You could even add some damage in there - but instant kill through armor and shield? Common...
A knockdown would still be a great disadvantage for the receiver.
As a trade off for the counter-whiners - you could even increase the speed of the damn thing - I don't care - just let me survive a hit through my shield (God damn it ) :D

I am quite sure that most of the maul defenders here  are dedicated users btw ;) No?

« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 02:31:43 am by Tequnique »

Offline DarkFox

• Knight
  • Renown: 42
  • Infamy: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2011, 02:34:19 am »
(click to show/hide)
lol so true :lol:

Offline Tequnique

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2011, 03:01:20 am »
Lets remove CT altogether and all run around with huscarls!

Yay for playing how you want!

(click to show/hide)

Mature response heh? :)
If you manage to stop a maul when you are fighting 1 or more enemies with 1-H - make me a video on xfire or youtube plz.
Of course 1 vs 1 maul is less of a threat... But still - if the wielder has better speed - he can do his little - Overhead > retreat > overhead - making sure his out of range as you enter - and if you don't have the speed - he can hit you 100% if he is good.

If the maul does an instakill vs 2h blocks... I don't care that much - cause as you say - the 2-h and polearms outrange and outspeed the maul - so you should be able to hit him first.

Somebody asked - What is realistic about this game?
It's not actually not that unrealistic.
I've been studying the arts of medieval weaponsfighting.
All though you have a lot more sophisticated moves, angles and counters - the principles are really the same only simplified.
Meaning - if you are good swordfighter - its ALL about timing and distance.
- The best is to hit the opponent as he chamber his weapon -called pre-emptive attack
- secondary is to parry and quickly counter before he can chamber another attack.
- The lesser achievement is if you have to make several moves to penetrate his responses - as you don't want to spend too much time at one target in a multiple opponent situation.
This is the same in this game.
Of course you seldom see the formations and tight teamwork in MB as in real life - however again - the principles are the same:
When you meet a group of enemies - you try to hit the enemy to your left or right - and avoid hitting the guy in front.
IRL you got killed fairly fast - maybe somewhat faster than in this game - due to the complexity of the situation.
I guess this game wouldnt be that fun - in that sense.

What do you think my fellow whiners and counter-whiners?

Offline Tequnique

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2011, 03:08:34 am »
AH .. and not surprisingly - I just got on the Duel server - and guess who is on the first place with 36 kills and 6 deaths..
Druzhina Levy with a --- LOLhammer :)
Im trying to beat him now ... and even if I try to spam him with 1-h (warhammer) I can't get him before he manage to overhead me.
On one occation I hit him 3 times.. but his armor shrugged it off.

EDIT: he is now at 47 - 7 :)

EDIT2: 57-8... And his fighting good people with 2-h ...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 03:18:39 am by Tequnique »

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2011, 03:14:24 am »
QQ
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Burr1ck

• Earl
  • Renown: 314
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • The Mercenaries are on Twitch.tv. Check the topic!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Burrick, Stimpy
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2011, 04:10:54 am »
Pointless thread, CT has been on hammers since day 1 of cRPG and I highly doubt it would be removed as the weapen's made to smash through stuff :D. I'm pretty sure the devs looked through it extensively: the damage, length and speed of the Great Maul has been nerfed a while ago.

Being an ancient player on cRPG who used the 2h hammer since day 1, I can confidently say that the Great Maul is a very difficult weapen to use:

- With a sluggish 70ish speed, there's very little room for error: miss a swing will end you you getting spammed to bits.
- Being unbalanced, feinting is near impossible so good luck trying to trick a good blocker with side swings :D.
- Being very short at just 68 length, enemies will simply backpedal,run away and dodge from you so good luck landing in overheads  :D. The short length forces the mauler to enage in close quaters: a highly dangerous position where you can get easily attacked from all sides, good luck survivng that.

Which is why you don't see many people running around with 2h hammers.

"Art thou the hammer, or art thou the nail? From the view of the beam, 'tis all the same. But for the nail, 'tis very different."
- Hammerite

The Mercenaries's YouTube channel

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2011, 11:59:24 pm »

- Being unbalanced, feinting is near impossible so good luck trying to trick a good blocker with side swings :D.

You don't need feinting, when you can crush through blocks.

But as i've said before, I don't think CT should be removed.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?