Author Topic: 0.4.0.0 - The patch of destiny  (Read 82645 times)

Offline Spleen

• Earl
  • Renown: 310
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • But I am already in my pyjamas...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Spleen
  • IRC nick: Spleeno
Re: 0.4.0.0 - The patch of destiny
« Reply #525 on: December 12, 2014, 08:56:44 pm »
jup, I didnt even notice I had won 1 lp with lottery lördag cuz mod is so ded
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #526 on: December 13, 2014, 05:06:07 pm »
+2
Having had time to see the effects of this patch it has failed.

As many have said before the new levels just meant old players were faster and hit even harder making entry curve to the mod crazy hard. A hard stat cap at 31 would have worked, even if levels 35 etc were possible for titles, special items maybe in terms of appearance etc. If it meant level crutchers howled about time "invested" who gives a fuck.

I find retiring and levelling up much harder and frankly less fun than before. Surely new players must find it utterly joyless which may be part of the reason there are almost none.

However its also a mod for an old game so maybe its just a case of the patch of morphine quickening the end.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: December 14, 2014, 04:06:31 pm »
+5
The patch didn't fail. It really delivered and flourished for a while.

The old age of the game and mod are the only culprits. As everything in our world, the mod succumbed to this mighty titan, Time.

Just enjoy it while it still breathes (even if in a ill disposed way).

ps: admins have nothing to do with patches. That's developers and balance team turf.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 02:33:24 am by karasu »

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #528 on: December 14, 2014, 09:02:25 pm »
It's good for new players.

... but there is no more new players.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1561
  • Infamy: 948
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: December 15, 2014, 02:22:19 pm »
... but there is no more new players.

Incorrect. There are new players, more than before actually, if we compare their numbers with active population. Just wish game wasn't so broken balance wise so they would stick a bit longer and don't turn into assholes we call veterans.

Offline CaptBob

• Baron
  • Renown: 107
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Cosby
  • Game nicks: HoC_ImperialWizard_BillCosby
« Reply #530 on: December 19, 2014, 01:13:25 am »
+3
The enjoyment with the combat in this mod is just not there anymore, everyone moves around so fast I feel like most engagements boil down to.. S key showdowns, people sort of collide/glance/spam. 
While I cannot confirm this, for I was not in teamspeak, nor do I play this game, because it is shit.
So being in the position I am
(click to show/hide)

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #531 on: December 19, 2014, 07:55:39 pm »
+1
The patch didn't fail. It really delivered and flourished for a while.

The old age of the game and mod are the only culprits. As everything in our world, the mod succumbed to this mighty titan, Time.

Just enjoy it while it still breathes (even if in a ill disposed way).

ps: admins have nothing to do with patches. That's developers and balance team turf.

Completely wrong.  Still had some people on servers before patch, now they are a ghost town within 1 month after the new patch.  No reason to level anymore as everyone is either level 35 or 36, the mod is even more imbalanced with agility/balanced then before and archery got nerfed to shit.  Blame the shittiest item balancer in the history of gaming (Tydeus) for why this patch killed off what was left of the crpg community.  I havent played on na1 or na2 in a month and a half, but my friends think of joining but then leave and play something else when the server has less than 10 people on even during primetime.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: December 19, 2014, 08:38:00 pm »
+1
Might've been wrong in the NA part of the mod, which was already small and dying.

In the EU counterpart it's the truth. Not because I say so, but empirical data says it.

Please, don't let your hatred and total despise for those who actually worked and wasted real life time into this free mod cloud your judgment.

After all, it's so easy to sit back and spout sarcasm in all directions, but quite hard to what they did and endure this sad show of feedbacks constantly (which have a guilt part on the mod death).

The spice must flow.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1611
  • Infamy: 1426
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 19, 2014, 09:13:02 pm »
NA Siege is a ghost town most of the time (unless they announce a scrim between last remaining clans: Remnants and KUTT). But NA Battle during prime time is more populated than EU Battle and a lot more fun to play. Simply put, there are less cunts in there. It is 40 people average vs 25 on EU1, doesn't sound like big difference but it actually is. Shame about my ping...

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #534 on: December 19, 2014, 09:19:13 pm »
I haven't played in a while because of Smash bros. and my mouse can barely hold left or right click that well.

From what I know, there haven't been too many complaints about the general item changes. Overall, low tier shields, blunt weapons, axes, and underwhelming weapons were buffed.

People tend to dislike how agility is very popular? The wpf difference from before this patch has shrunk with the penalties, so is it just athletics?

Then there are a few ranged adjustments with alterations to horse ranged, war dart + francisca + javelin buff for mid-level damage, and better locational damage for melee/ranged that only needs 1 more vote to pass. I also have another thread discussing replacing the 0 armor legs from horses to just a 50% damage bonus, with a slightly better damage bonus in the head and neck region, but that doesn't really have many votes yet and been sitting around for months. I was thinking that things would be able to be hotfixed step by step until it was in a good spot for the month after the revival patch.

Now that the kickstarter is ending, hopefully the devs may be able to do something with more internalized adjustments that people want with things like the turn radius on overheads, too. Not gonna let my hopes up, though.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:23:52 pm by San »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2957
  • Infamy: 2295
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: December 19, 2014, 09:23:48 pm »
San, when I see 9/36 build with a katana coming my way, like a bee on crack... I just try to attack, block few hits before I get chopped off in two (I also wear light armor). After that, I try my best to avoid that player or leave server.

I do suck, but don't think punishment should be so hard. If you think that is fine, then you play against players using such builds, I will not. And many more will do the same as I, which means dead mod. Which it is.

At this point I'm so mad at such builds, that I want SHIFT+DEL to happen to Katana, Dachis, Shirikens and other crap. But Thomek is too strong asslicker...

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #536 on: December 19, 2014, 09:43:54 pm »
Comparing katana users from a few years ago vs. now, they're pretty similar. The year before the wpf curve patch, Katana was +1 cut and +1 speed, which negated the wpf difference after the curve hit. The biggest difference is that only a few players had the privelege of creating OP builds, and wouldn't dare to create a possibly gimmicky build. The encounter is no worse than it was back then, but it's just more common now with free respecs allowing for all types of gimmicky builds. Definitely feels less of a power trip on my high level character than before, which is a good thing imo.

Eh, personally I'd just deal with it just like old crushthrough, old turn rate, polestagger lock, cav knockdown lock, 80% health from a leg shot, etc. Similar to the global free respec from the wpf patch, a bunch of high-level optimized builds can cause problems in player experience. Even if athletics is difficult to deal with, I have trouble internalizing how something like a 12/33 is better than a 24/21, or is it bad that the 12/33 is viable at all? I think there's merit for both sides. Having less powerful gimmicks increases restrictions but helps standardized the general power level and player interactions.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 09:49:01 pm by San »

Offline StonedSteel

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 400
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 20, 2014, 12:04:10 am »
+2
Haha, everything that i said about tydeus, agi, and what would become of the mod if agi patches werent reverted, has come to pass.

i feel justified for every bitter rant i made ( hey, i loved this shit, played daily for months straight sometimes, i tried to warn u cuz ima fan ). you can scroll through my agi posts and go look at the pop, and what people say\complain about the mod right now, i was dead on.

and it doesnt take a genius to figure it out, if you increase the movement and footwork and swing speed...in a fucking game where combat is entirely based on these things, everyone who wants an edge will take it. and the people playing for fun slowly left.

chadz man, i know you were working hard on m:bg, but you seriously should have got rid of tydeus ( or who ever thought up these agi patches ) look at what crpg has become? this mod and what people say about this mod has a HUGE effect on w.e. future project you make.

not a good look

but you know that already, just look at your kickstarter. i dont know how much more $ you would have made if you did it a year ago...what i do know is there are people who definitely would have donated a yr ago, and said good things about this mod...that dont now.
I REMEMBER PLAYING IN RAIN
THROUGH THE NIGHTFALL WITH FOG
THAT CLOGGED UP OUR EYES
BUT IM MORE HORRIFIED OF A MOD
I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #538 on: December 20, 2014, 04:53:12 am »
+3
Just make the average level range go from 34-37 to 30-33 and you won't have to even try and attempt to balance high level optimized builds. The warband engine was not designed to accommodate for builds far above level 30, and the last patch made it worse than ever before. Every good build needs a minimum amount of strength to be able to meet the strength requirement for gear... perhaps up the strength requirement on certain (spammable) weapons and lower levels so everyone has less agi, and the amount of pure agi builds will decrease substantially as they become as frail and weak as they should be.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #539 on: December 22, 2014, 12:13:43 pm »
+1
Will there be some Christmas Patch - Holiday items - Double XP ???
Also fix for last patch .... missing texture etc.