Author Topic: This Strat Sucks ( bitter rant ahead )  (Read 3654 times)

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
Re: This Strat Sucks ( bitter rant ahead )
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2014, 12:28:53 am »
Well the Scots never defeated the English did they? But they beat the other Scots regularly. And NA could beat the euros with our crap gear if they had a bunch of civil wars and we outnumbered them ten to one like what happened to the Romans.

Well, go liberate european strat if you want to, go to fight plated guys and archers shooting from 120 metters while wearing shirts, and using short bows and clubs.

And technically/historically speaking, the scots were an exception. Most of time, it was more like a huge slaughter when you saw 200 knights vs 500 peasants. As it's not history thread and shit, all I can say is I remember last strat some good shit mercs did (yes, they did manage to win some battles) : 50 guys, armored with regular and -1 plates against some patroller (1000 guys) armed with mail. They didn't expect the plate part, so, they lost all their troops, gear and shit, because you can't win against plated guys with low tier equipment.

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2014, 03:51:13 am »
+1
If you actually read my posts, I never said peasants could beat heavily armed men.  The scots had one or two victories against the English, but mostly got their asses handed to them because they had shit gear.  Also the barbarians on the outskirts of the Roman Empire got constantly thrashed by the Romans because they had better gear... at least until the empire fell.

The essence of what I was saying is that in history, places with a less dense population had crappier gear.  And ferocity doesn't equal victory.  I never said that.  The Maoris were very fierce, but I'd rather have a British carbine than a shark-tooth club in fight.

But the point is is that this strat sucks, go back to old prices, ease up with the crime, and make troop cap dependent on renown.

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2014, 04:05:23 am »
+4
If you actually read my posts, I never said peasants could beat heavily armed men.  The scots had one or two victories against the English, but mostly got their asses handed to them because they had shit gear.  Also the barbarians on the outskirts of the Roman Empire got constantly thrashed by the Romans because they had better gear... at least until the empire fell.

The essence of what I was saying is that in history, places with a less dense population had crappier gear.  And ferocity doesn't equal victory.  I never said that.  The Maoris were very fierce, but I'd rather have a British carbine than a shark-tooth club in fight.

But the point is is that this strat sucks, go back to old prices, ease up with the crime, and make troop cap dependent on renown.

Fucking english with their masterworks.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Testicleez

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Testicleez
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2014, 07:32:07 pm »
+1
i checkt da bettle page an woah im liek dam sun

(click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 07:35:43 pm by Testicleez »

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2014, 06:53:56 am »
Strat sucks because a lot of people lost interest very early in the round.  More importantly, a number of clan / faction leaders lost interest and as a result their entire factions lost interest.

It should probably be reset, open it up with a watered down combo of strat 4 / 5 mechanics.  With the already small player base in decline, we may as well keep it interesting and fair for the remaining players.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2014, 08:28:37 am »
+2
They need to switch down to max 41 players in a roster just like they reduced it from 61 to 51 years ago as the population and activity levels declined.  Having so many one-sided battles because rosters are so hard to fill, especially for attackers deters even more people from signing up and participating.  Also, double the xp in strat like they doubled xp on battle servers to stay competitive in keeping players' interest.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2014, 01:07:08 pm »
+2
i checkt da bettle page an woah im liek dam sun

(click to show/hide)

look now and smile!
Leader of BS

Offline Testicleez

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Testicleez
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2014, 09:05:34 pm »
+1
look now and smile!

So many big battles!

(click to show/hide)

I can't even play this game anymore, but I keep up with strat a bit and the amount of SUPER LAMENESSS is obvious! You have Kesh's Crew/Squids pushing in on KbW, then you have... Wait, that's it. What happened?

(click to show/hide)

^^^ That was just the other night, that's sad. 28 people on NA_1 at 8:45pm EST. There's definitely less people playing c-RPG in general, so we need to compensate for Strategus. Give more XP, bring down the prices of gear drastically, I don't know! When all is said & done, when each round of strat ends, you go back & remember those awesome moments in battles "Hey man, remember when no one thought we were gonna take Tilbaut! We built like 6 catapults and finally busted through that small opening and took the castle with like 5 minutes left!" ... That's the awesome part of Strat. Planning out strategies before a big battle, carrying them out & defeating your enemy (or at least going down with a big fight!) Even though I can't play anymore, I miss those moments! I'm sure a lot of other people do too. They're just not happening anymore like they used to.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 09:38:04 pm by Testicleez »

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2014, 11:02:49 pm »
+3
Too much brocoding in Strat.  I blame testi.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Bryggan

• Marshall
  • Renown: 727
  • Infamy: 207
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 13 Knights, HCE
  • Game nicks: Jerk, Asshole, Dumbass, etc.
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2014, 04:01:28 am »
I agree about the bro-coding.  Everyone chooses sides, and then that's it.  Can't play for fun, cuz you might hurt someone's feelings.  People can't fight for a bit, gain some territory and then try make a treaty, or even an alliance, cuz they now hate each other right now.

So, stop this strat and:

Divide the map into 5 or 6 countries, each with 3ish cities of which one is the capital (along the lines of single player).  Distribute the fiefs by a random lottery, and if you happen to be lucky enough to get a village, you are now a vassal to whoever owns the city that is closest.  If you are lucky enough to get a city, you are now a vassal to whoever owns the capital.  If you are lucky enough to get the capital, then you are the king.  And if you are unlucky and suck being a king and all your vassals hate you, they can have a civil war and besiege the capital.  Castles are like cities, but you have no vassals.

If we can fight on NA1 without getting bitchy and butthurt, maybe we could do it on strat.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2014, 04:39:25 am »
Most NA primetime battles never even get 40 on either side.  We need to reduce max merc amount for abttles to adapt to how dead this community has become and the flagging participation.  Though doubled xp would also help a bit.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline GOBBLINKINGREATLEADER

• King
  • Renown: 1509
  • Infamy: 515
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Daruvian, GOBBLINKINGGREATLEADER
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2014, 04:50:10 am »
Or all of you people in positions could stop being such pussies and make kingdoms like the REALM OF THE GOBBLIN KING and do whatever the fuck you want, be the villain Strat needs.

Taking yet another opportunity to say this Strat is horrible and when I try to think of a highlight I cannot think of a single damn thing. The only highlight that comes to my mind is Hospitaller losing their shit in TS3 about Gforce.

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2014, 05:08:54 am »
+1
I agree about the bro-coding.  Everyone chooses sides, and then that's it.  Can't play for fun, cuz you might hurt someone's feelings.  People can't fight for a bit, gain some territory and then try make a treaty, or even an alliance, cuz they now hate each other right now.

So, stop this strat and:

Divide the map into 5 or 6 countries, each with 3ish cities of which one is the capital (along the lines of single player).  Distribute the fiefs by a random lottery, and if you happen to be lucky enough to get a village, you are now a vassal to whoever owns the city that is closest.  If you are lucky enough to get a city, you are now a vassal to whoever owns the capital.  If you are lucky enough to get the capital, then you are the king.  And if you are unlucky and suck being a king and all your vassals hate you, they can have a civil war and besiege the capital.  Castles are like cities, but you have no vassals.

If we can fight on NA1 without getting bitchy and butthurt, maybe we could do it on strat.

this is such a stupid idea. it's difficult(read: impossible) enough already to try get people you know and are friends to do things in strategus right, if it's just random people nothing would ever happen, especially considering if it was people you might not like.

Offline imisshotmail

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 504
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2014, 05:12:09 am »
+8
best idea to make strategus good again-

remove all of the map except the desert area, in the desert put in 16~ fiefs divided into 10 villages, 4castles, 2 cities or something like that. make strat ticks something that is gained hourly automatically, and you can expend them to get troops or gold (much more gold than you do currently from ticks), then make gold lootable and remove the entire tedious trading system. remove heirloomed items in strategus because that also just adds needless micro and tedium. if a faction ever owns over 2/3 the map for 1week, strategus gets reset to start again and that faction gets some sort of ingame bonus (10million gold split between them.. or something).

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2014, 11:50:29 am »
This is nonsense since strat to the dominant weapon class I've seen has been 2h.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(