Poll

What forum title Tydeus deserves ? By now he should proudly wear one.

Modcrusher
48 (38.4%)
Patchbreaker
20 (16%)
Valourchopper
31 (24.8%)
Balancepounder
26 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 125

Voting closed: August 27, 2014, 01:15:15 am

Author Topic: I love Tyedus  (Read 7547 times)

Offline Kalp

• Marshall
  • Renown: 750
  • Infamy: 253
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Form ranks, you maggots!
    • View Profile
    • Kahhhaaargaar!!! Uuurrr!!!
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Kalp_the_Grey
  • IRC nick: Kalp
Re: I love Tyedus
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2014, 12:45:54 pm »
+2
I found out that his confidence is on Jesus lvl and together with san( 0 alts 1 stf chars)
they create new ultimate balance(fuck your build and 2k h grindfest life waste) team.

I just totaly don't like way they work on crpg nowadays especially theirs ability to fuck something up for fave months just to revert or fix that in a bit changed way.

FuckSTRiPutWPFherePushPeopleTOagiWhoringLordOFdisaster
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The goal of Strategus battles shouldnt be to deprive your enemies of players, but to have full roster both sides and have the gear/tactics/strategy win the day rather than lack of merc support.

Offline PsychoTwins

• Earl
  • Renown: 453
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FarmerBob, NinjaBob, 20PingIsHardBob, StrIsHardBob, HaxorBob
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2014, 01:04:16 pm »
+7
Tydeus' opinion about this community...

Here, dear crpg folk, we have an honest man who doesn't conceal the truth out of the fear of getting nerfed. He surely deserves a round of heartfelt applause.

Offline Sniger

• Marshall
  • Renown: 795
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2014, 02:06:58 pm »
+2

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2014, 04:03:41 pm »
+6
Tydeus idea of balancing - "hmm, what have I been playing lately - okay lets buff that over any other class"  "I like instastabs on 1hers - lets do that"  "we dont need all these silly animations on polearms, they just slow it down so i can't be as uch of an s-key hero"

There is no consideration of overall balance in ANY of the changes he has made.  He just looks at individual builds and buffs them (always favoring agility and balanced builds because thsoe are the only builds he ever does).  Shit-plague on the community that should never have been given any power over the mod - just some random player that now has been given license by lazy devs to hack the mod to suit his builds.

To those few fans - I'm sure you do very similar builds to his (actually just in this thread alone every NA player who posted positive so far are people I know for a fact do similar builds to him)
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Combaticus

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gay Pride Worldwide
  • Game nicks: Combaticus, Big_Gay_Baby, BOOM_SHAKA_LAKA
  • IRC nick: Combat
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2014, 04:54:29 pm »
HE KILLED WALRUS BUILDS and my sweet baby LEMAN

Screw  you TITUS

Offline Angantyr

• King
  • Renown: 1134
  • Infamy: 130
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2014, 05:10:37 pm »
+3
(click to show/hide)
That's odd, has 17th century alchemist paintings been popping up somewhere here recently? The image you post reminded me a lot of 'An Alchemist in His Study' by Egbert van Heemskerk and when doing a quick search I see they are related in both theme and period.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2014, 05:31:03 pm »
+3
Tydeus idea of balancing - "hmm, what have I been playing lately - okay lets buff that over any other class"  "I like instastabs on 1hers - lets do that"  "we dont need all these silly animations on polearms, they just slow it down so i can't be as uch of an s-key hero"
You do realize that from an outside perspective, buffing only builds you play and testing all builds before you nerf/buff them, are going to look identical... right?
There is no consideration of overall balance in ANY of the changes he has made.  He just looks at individual builds and buffs them (always favoring agility and balanced builds because thsoe are the only builds he ever does).
High str PD archers and throwers were the winners(least negatively affected) in the most recent ranged wpf mechanics changes. My level 33 archer is 18/24 and my thrower is currently 18/20. This looks to be the opposite of what you just stated. As to the initial statement, considering you have nothing more than an empty claim here (you didn't provide an example and provided no way to prove/disprove said claim), it's hard to believe this is anything more than us not sharing priorities or views on what "perfect" balance should look like.

To those few fans - I'm sure you do very similar builds to his (actually just in this thread alone every NA player who posted positive so far are people I know for a fact do similar builds to him)
Actually, every single person, aside from the OP which is an HA, does similar builds (actually, if he plays on a stf that isn't HA, he too can likely be included), because I play just about everything with varying builds. Just a few months ago I was playing 27/12 in fatty plate. So again, you've got nothing but an empty generalization.

"Tydeus doesn't balance MY WAY so Tydeus is a poopy head."
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2014, 07:31:41 pm »
You do realize that I don't give 2 shits about balance.

Hey can I just give you my 40 valor tokens and take one of your loom points? The tokens are stacking up and I want to cash them in.

Offline Nightmare798

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 400
  • Infamy: 502
  • cRPG Player
  • Darksider on redemption
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2014, 07:38:25 pm »
+4
*2h and polearms have immensely abusable bugs*

Nobody cares

*1H gets its stab fixed and few buffs*

ZOMFG TYDEUS GOAT FUCKING bundle of sticks BURN THAT SONOFABITCH OMFG!!!

This hypocritic commnity gives me cancer...

EDIT: Add ¨go fuck yourself¨option plskthx.
Tseng: Used to the bitter taste of refusal, this only serves to reinforce his greatest life lession yet.
Cloud: And that is?
Tseng: Bitches, man.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2014, 08:58:08 pm »
+9
I really don't know if jumping in to this thread is baiting me into getting bitch-slapped around...

But I really liked this game more when there was more diversity in builds and going full-strength was a viable class. Now, to have any sort of diversity in your character (and actually do well with it) you need to go lvl 32+ just to meet the balanced build requirements so that you can be effective.

That, I don't like, and never have. The whole WPF change, imo, was not thoroughly thought out and promotes too much uniformity and not enough diversity among viable builds.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline Protemus

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 270
  • cRPG Player
  • EZ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan EZ kills
  • Game nicks: niluK_the_Annoying aka EZ
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2014, 09:50:05 pm »
I don't know about you guys, but I'm still waiting my 50k of gold from Tydeus.

I give you 1 week before sending threatening letters to your mailbox and hacking your Facebook account, you know what that means, spamming dick pics all over your wall.
Quote from: Melee Gaming
Protemus, You have received a warning for non-relevant posts in ban section also for personal attacks with disgusting insults on the forums. Chill out and enjoy the game. Regards, cRPG Team

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2014, 10:58:48 pm »
+8
The mod was better before that "wpf overhaul"

Talk about trying to fix something that wasn't broken and then breaking it the process.

Offline Bronto

• Head NA admin
  • King
  • Renown: 1339
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2014, 11:00:10 pm »
hacking your Facebook account, you know what that means, spamming dick pics all over your wall.

That's not really a threat. His facebook is all dick pics anyway.

Offline Combaticus

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Gay Pride Worldwide
  • Game nicks: Combaticus, Big_Gay_Baby, BOOM_SHAKA_LAKA
  • IRC nick: Combat
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2014, 11:57:37 pm »
+1
I really don't know if jumping in to this thread is baiting me into getting bitch-slapped around...

But I really liked this game more when there was more diversity in builds and going full-strength was a viable class. Now, to have any sort of diversity in your character (and actually do well with it) you need to go lvl 32+ just to meet the balanced build requirements so that you can be effective.

That, I don't like, and never have. The whole WPF change, imo, was not thoroughly thought out and promotes too much uniformity and not enough diversity among viable builds.

AMEN!

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2014, 12:18:01 am »
+1
Yea what Tanken said, hybrids are rare now on the battlefield. On NA 1 it seems like a lot of people have gone pure melee build, which most of them going polearm.