Author Topic: Improving Strength Builds Slightly  (Read 2247 times)

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
Re: Improving Strength Builds Slightly
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 08:30:06 pm »
Just add pro wrestling moves, but you can only grab someone if they have less strength than you.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 11:22:47 pm »
I tried testing to see what damage looks like for the changes I talked about above. I also changed the bonus to damage of strength/5 to 5 to help low PS/PT/PD builds and avoid the double-bonus to high PS. It looks better to me, thoughts?

http://tinyurl.com/crpgcalctest

Offline Jack1

• King
  • Renown: 1029
  • Infamy: 231
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jack1_, Abbud_Amari, The_Doc, Gottlob_Kohlman
  • IRC nick: Risen_Jack
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2014, 03:27:20 am »
I tried testing to see what damage looks like for the changes I talked about above. I also changed the bonus to damage of strength/5 to 5 to help low PS/PT/PD builds and avoid the double-bonus to high PS. It looks better to me, thoughts?

http://tinyurl.com/crpgcalctest

I looked at it a little and it looks better than it is at the moment. with min maxing builds for polearm and 2h(15-27 and 30-12) the stronger one hits about 2X harder which seems about fair. if any changes are made I would say make it so that wpf does a little damage enhancement.

one other question: does WPF give you a larger sweetspot in your swing and better armor penetration or is it just that the people using high wpf are better at hitting the sweetspot?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 03:52:34 am by Jack1 »
We're all nerds here, so it doesn't really matter.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2014, 03:56:24 am »
Many factors are involved, but when simplified it's just the maximum damage you can deal at the earliest part of the animation.

Wpf/weapon speed lets you reach it early. Movement helps you get to the optimal hiltslash location easily with your quickest swing and adds damage with speed bonus along with PS. As you're probably well aware, it's a bit of everything. If your weapon is extremely fast, you don't even need to worry about hitting as early as possible and decreasing your damage from sweetspots.

For melee damage, the damage in the calc is on the low end. Speed bonus raises my 57 raw to mid 70s on an unmoving opponent. It could possibly double if we're both moving towards each other.
~130% raw for a good speed bonus hit
Up to *125% raw from a held swing
110% from an overhead
1.2x final damage when hitting the head

If you go from 60 base raw base to 80 on the calc, with similar modifiers it offers a very high damage potential to the strength build if he can use his opponent's speed against them and make use of the momentary speed increase when turning. This is all still fine imo since it's much more difficult to 1shot someone over 3-5 shotting. As you know, it's also much harder to get all of those bonuses properly but packs a punch when it does, unlike an agi build that relies on them for decent-good damage.

Offline HappyPhantom

• Earl
  • Renown: 440
  • Infamy: 74
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew pew, your face!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul, Always Take the Shot.
  • Game nicks: HappyPhantom, Marys of the Sea, Ancient of Mu Mu.
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2014, 12:51:18 pm »
Would this affect archery? If so, how?
"Darklands" - The greatest game you never played: now on Steam http://store.steampowered.com/app/327930 | http://www.darklands.net/index.shtml
visitors can't see pics , please register or login