Poll

Does horse archery require a nerf?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Horse archery is too strong  (Read 29649 times)

Offline Utrakil

• Marshall
  • Renown: 885
  • Infamy: 182
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Randwig; Gerwin; Marketenderin; Fletcher
Re: Horse archery is too strong
« Reply #465 on: September 08, 2014, 12:34:51 pm »
Let me bring in a new Idea.
This will not fix the whole problem but may help a litle.
In discussion about ranged it is common to say 'get a shield'. Unfortunately this is of no use in combat against HA. They keep the bow drawn until you try to swing or until they bump you. So maybe it would give some edge to meleecav and infantery if the HA or (all archers) have to lower their bow after a certain time of keeping it drawn. This would give a short timewindow to savely attack them.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 01:02:10 pm by Utrakil »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #466 on: September 08, 2014, 12:59:38 pm »
+1
An idea that will definitely make all Cav less powerful as well as making HA become a very risky playstyle.

+ Dmg to horses when they bump someone.

Offline MaHuD

• Knight
  • Renown: 32
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: MaHuD, Darth_InVader, Hired_Blade, Hinzerhaus
  • IRC nick: MaHuD
« Reply #467 on: September 08, 2014, 01:31:54 pm »
+4
There is a reason why Khergits were almost never allowed in Competitive tournaments...
Even now that they have been re-balanced, they are still banned.
The horse archers in cRPG are even stronger than the khergits, with more damage, much faster turn rates - allowing them to dodge all sorts of missiles and keep bumping down the same person whilst shooting them.
At the very least, I would say that Horse archers and mounted crossbows shouldn't be able to release, load or draw their arrows/bolts whilst bumping someone.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #468 on: September 08, 2014, 01:37:00 pm »
+1
Oh but you see my interest in this mod is constantly rising, because finally I can annoy the fu*k out of melee macro 360° sppining stabs trough the wall ( I'm looking at you Teeth) max mouse sensitivity hashtag yolo 420 blaze it swag get rekt kuyak hero's.

For to long I've been suffering, bullied by your 2handed heroes...now it's time for vengeance, time for you to feel the anguish I felt by being stabbed, cut, smashed, crushed, poked.

And guess what...
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

You suck too much at melee, so, you can't be arsed to improve a bit and instead do a horse archer to piss off everyone ? You don't even play a class for the class itself, you just play the most annoying class just to annoy as much as you can. You should be banned for extended and repetitive delaying.

Offline darmaster

• King
  • Renown: 1398
  • Infamy: 297
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguards
  • Game nicks: Retsamrad
« Reply #469 on: September 08, 2014, 02:11:05 pm »
CCleaner is niluk? wtf? oh god i can't breathe oh god help plea- i can't do this, i can't. this is something that needs to be told progressively, you can't burst in with "zhe QQleaner aka Smurf Niluk" it's not allowed. i thought he was dead :l

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
« Reply #470 on: September 08, 2014, 02:13:52 pm »
+2
An idea that will definitely make all Cav less powerful as well as making HA become a very risky playstyle.

+ Dmg to horses when they bump someone.

1st: i'm not a ha.

My arabian horse can be stoped by one guy standing in front of me and you want that guy also give damage without doing nothing ?
Sorry but, It's stupid.

You want to nerf ha ?

Firstly, remove them the ability to use armored horse, because it's realy stupid and anoying.
They have 3 tons of riding points making those fat horses fast, accurate and immortal.

A good solution to that could be to add a weight to the horses and make it a wpf penality like the armors.

Also, use my suggestion here: http://forum.melee.org/general-discussion/simple-idea-to-nerf-ha-without-nerfing-regular-archers/msg1041357/#msg1041357
Or duplicate the bow usable on horse and make two version of each: one only usable on foot and another one usable on horse with reduced stats.

Their is many simple suggestions like that befor fucking all the cavalry for somes abusers.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 02:17:31 pm by matt2507 »

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 08, 2014, 02:32:11 pm »
+3
At the very least, I would say that Horse archers and mounted crossbows shouldn't be able to release, load or draw their arrows/bolts whilst bumping someone.

Interesting idea that bumping would cancel drawing bows (same for throws, crossbows?), and certainly quite realistic.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #472 on: September 08, 2014, 02:40:37 pm »
CCleaner is niluk? wtf? oh god i can't breathe oh god help plea- i can't do this, i can't. this is something that needs to be told progressively, you can't burst in with "zhe QQleaner aka Smurf Niluk" it's not allowed. i thought he was dead :l

CCleaner is dead, some prick replaced him. RIP.

Offline Macbeth3

• Earl
  • Renown: 379
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • Meow? :3
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macbeth_Plisskin_TheCat Mordecai_Heller_TheCat
« Reply #473 on: September 08, 2014, 04:21:15 pm »
I don't really have a problem with HA's. With medium armor they already do small amount of damage (unless a headshot).
And finding a place to hide behind is ususally easy to find. The sole problem comes when the flags pop up and you have to get out of that cover x3

The only thing that can save you then is trying to dodge them.

Unless you have a shield :3
*Meow* I'm a Cat.

Offline Admerius

• Earl
  • Renown: 313
  • Infamy: 60
  • Many Admerius-es and many alts(Total of 32 chars)
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sovereignty of Aegis for life!(aka. multi-claning)
  • Game nicks: My top three nicks: Scum, William_Spearshake, Dedrater)
« Reply #474 on: September 08, 2014, 04:52:02 pm »
Here's some crazy ideas on how to "nerf" ha, they would need some "counter" buffs after this to make it somewhat blalancd.

Suggested nerfs:
-Change aim-rate(turn speed of character) from horseback to -75+(15*Horse archery skill)%
-Multiply turn rate(maneuver) on horse "while xbow aimed"/"bow drawn" by 0.25+(0.15*horse archery skill)

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #475 on: September 08, 2014, 05:10:50 pm »
I don't really have a problem with HA's. With medium armor they already do small amount of damage (unless a headshot).
And finding a place to hide behind is ususally easy to find. The sole problem comes when the flags pop up and you have to get out of that cover x3

So in a map with cover for ranged (99% of the maps on EU1 highly favor hiding xbows and archers) a cat with a xbow and a shield is safe from horse archers. Well surely that means everyone else is as well. :rolleyes:

Offtopic: Someone show me in which topic I can complain about 1H+shield(+xbow) being OP. Cuz it is. QQ

Offline Macbeth3

• Earl
  • Renown: 379
  • Infamy: 35
  • Meow? :3
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macbeth_Plisskin_TheCat Mordecai_Heller_TheCat
« Reply #476 on: September 08, 2014, 05:17:39 pm »
So in a map with cover for ranged (99% of the maps on EU1 highly favor hiding xbows and archers) a cat with a xbow and a shield is safe from horse archers. Well surely that means everyone else is as well. :rolleyes:

Offtopic: Someone show me in which topic I can complain about 1H+shield(+xbow) being OP. Cuz it is. QQ

As I said; Me PERSONALLY, I have no problems with HA. Ontop of that, the longer I stay alive, the more time and chances I have to shoot enemy Cav/HA's :3
Also cover FOR ranged also counts as cover AGAINST ranged. Just wanted to point that out.
*Meow* I'm a Cat.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #477 on: September 08, 2014, 06:08:44 pm »
Also cover FOR ranged also counts as cover AGAINST ranged. Just wanted to point that out.

Yes, but unlike a xbower, a 2H or polearm hero hiding in a building because HA would shoot him the second he steps our makes some pretty horrific gameplay. Thus any class that you can't avoid without hiding should be nerfed to the ground. That already is the case with cav, now we just need the same for horse archers.

I wish we'd have more open maps where the deciding factor would be keeping your ranged teammates alive and not just the autobalancer deciding the outcome. That would eventually change the way people view ranged. I had plenty of fun the other day with my two-hander protecting Steevee and it worked really well. On less open maps archers don't need my help anyway and I'm rather pointless standing next to them with a big ass weapon while I could be soloing around the map. We tried to do some Kalmar archer stacking as well the other day, but as we were low levels and all-around shit at archery, it didn't work as well as protecting Steevee :oops:

Offline MURDERTRON

• King
  • Renown: 1337
  • Infamy: 428
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TRUMP / WEST 2020
« Reply #478 on: September 08, 2014, 06:35:04 pm »
+5
I'd probably take a minute to think of these game play mechanics from the eyes of a new player.  There is no doubt that we have a dwindling community.  We had a surge of new players during the last steam sale, only to have that horribly derailed by the fucked up valor patch.  In my opinion, we now stand worse as a population than before the steam sale, sadly enough.  I think that a new player who gets killed in melee, at least, in the back of their mind, thinks they had a chance, or will one day have a chance to kill that player once they have the stats to do it.  However, a new player getting shot to shreds by an HA near his spawn, especially because they are targeted first due to their low armor, is going to find that even more discouraging to continuing playing this mod.  Keep in mind, he may not even know where its coming from. Worse yet, he's going to have to sit out the rest of the round as spectator, which is almost guaranteed to run long because the HA will probably be the last one alive at the end.

This is an issue outside of the balance issues.  Although I would tend to agree that both are big, outstanding issues that need resolution.  There's no question about it, HA is bad for server population and for number of returning players.
▀█▀▒█▀█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒█▒█▀█▒▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█▀█▒█
▒█▒▒█▄█▒█▒█▒██▒██▒█▄█▒▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒▄▄█▒█▒█▒█
▒█▒▒█▀▄▒█▄█▒█▒█▒█▒█▒▒▒▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒█▄▄▒█▄█▒▄

Offline Protemus

• Earl
  • Renown: 346
  • Infamy: 270
  • cRPG Player
  • EZ
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Clan EZ kills
  • Game nicks: niluK_the_Annoying aka EZ
« Reply #479 on: September 08, 2014, 07:27:10 pm »
CCleaner is dead, some prick replaced him. RIP.

Dead ? More like transcendent, I've found the truth, you puny melee fighters keep developing and prolonging dying skill, you cannot escape the inevitable, you cannot change the future.

I had a vision, I've been given this sight, terrible sight EU_1 was full of range, there was no melee's, weather was rainy. Just imagine server full of Shoko's, Steevee's and fegits (literally) like Macbeth, arrows and bolts flew everywhere. And then I saw on the hill, a creature half donkey, half human and it had a sign on the forehead - werC yeknoD 999
When it spoke, earth trembled, players turned into donkeys and their weapons into pile of shit...then I woke up disturbed by this nightmare.

END IS NIGH, I've embraced the range, so that I can live a bit longer and see the end of days, you cannot survive chadzPOCALIPSE.
Quote from: Melee Gaming
Protemus, You have received a warning for non-relevant posts in ban section also for personal attacks with disgusting insults on the forums. Chill out and enjoy the game. Regards, cRPG Team