Author Topic: ::Blades of Ouroboros:: RECRUITING NEW PLAYERS AND ALTS  (Read 11836 times)

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
Re: ::Blades of Ouroboros:: RECRUITING NEW PLAYERS AND ALTS
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2014, 06:50:23 pm »
+1
Oh wow!  Thanks dude.

That's why we are best clan NA!  :wink:... after EON ofcourse

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2014, 06:34:02 pm »
+3
I'm going out of town for a bit (Switzerland!).  I've had my flanged mace on the market to trade it for something different -- but if it doesn't trade by the time my plane leaves, I'll stick it in the armory for ppl to use.

If only I had a computer over there, I could whoop some EU butt for a while.  I guess I'll just have to look at majestic mountains instead. :)  See you later!

Offline Draeth

• Baron
  • Renown: 85
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Order of the Holy Guard (R.I.P.)
  • Game nicks: Draeth
  • IRC nick: Draeth
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2014, 01:01:30 am »
+2
damn i'm jealous  :evil:

let me know how Switzerland is
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2014, 02:38:19 pm »
+1
I'm going out of town for a bit (Switzerland!).  I've had my flanged mace on the market to trade it for something different -- but if it doesn't trade by the time my plane leaves, I'll stick it in the armory for ppl to use.

If only I had a computer over there, I could whoop some EU butt for a while.  I guess I'll just have to look at majestic mountains instead. :)  See you later!

I'd have to slap you if you spent any time in Switzerland playing video games anyway. Have a great trip!

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2014, 02:54:36 pm »
+1
BOO, NA'S most cultured clan 2014... you should try their schmoke and a pancake, or cigar and a waffle.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2014, 06:56:13 pm »
I accepted Ranger_Rick's application on Jona's request; it's either his alt or one of his friends (I didn't ask him). So be nice to him, or Jona will probably cleave me even more often than he already does with that damn axe.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2014, 07:27:20 pm »
Yeah it's just my alt. I might switch him out for a different one so that I can banner stack with him and my other alt (so if you guys are on en masse, I make my alt(s) join your clan as a supporter, and if HoC is on and you aren't, I revert back to the good old green and white). I was just too lazy to make a new character just to use as a banner-stacker.

In fact, I'm gonna do that right now... be on the lookout for an applicant with a name something like "BoO_Banner_Stack."

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2014, 07:41:32 pm »
Yeah it's just my alt. I might switch him out for a different one so that I can banner stack with him and my other alt (so if you guys are on en masse, I make my alt(s) join your clan as a supporter, and if HoC is on and you aren't, I revert back to the good old green and white). I was just too lazy to make a new character just to use as a banner-stacker.

In fact, I'm gonna do that right now... be on the lookout for an applicant with a name something like "BoO_Banner_Stack."

I haven't seen more than 3 of us on at a given time in a while, so don't get your hopes up for BoO banner stack glory. And if I'm on battle, it's usually with my 2h guy who usually just gets couched or steamrolled in the first 30s of every round, so I'm not contributing to a multiplier; Tojo and Draeth are pretty evil on their ponies though.

Maybe a red and yellow phallus would serve your purposes better? ;)

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2014, 08:10:03 pm »
Never would I stoop so low!

Regardless, I am not "counting on a banner stack for infinite x5's," I just prefer to fight alongside other guys than just fight alone... so if I am ever on and no one from HoC is, I can always hop on one of my alts to banner up with you guys, if you're online. I just have more fun when employing teamwork (however minimal) as opposed to solo-heroing all the time. Siege... well, that's another story... but I imagine I will be seeing you guys mostly in NA1.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2014, 08:25:30 pm »
Oda has been on recently and I'd say we do enough on the field to earn our multis. Up until recently I've been crutching on looms for valor, but since right team doesn't get valor (thanks Tydeus and Obama) life's been rough for me and my horse.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2014, 08:35:57 pm »
I just have more fun when employing teamwork (however minimal) as opposed to solo-heroing all the time.

I hear you; "following the green" on battle is usually the surest way to win when balanced onto the HoC team. I just hate how every battle round ends with one delaying cav (usually HA) on the losing team, and you have to spend the last minute watching a flag slowly raise (and that delayer is always rewarded with valor). I don't see how that's anyone's idea of fun. That proposal whereby you are ineligible for valor 30s after the flags appear unless you are within a certain radius of the flag would fix the mode for me. Until then, I'd rather do house chores than play battle.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2014, 08:54:13 pm »
Yeah, the flags definitely need some work to reach their full potential I think. Currently they are annoying whether they work or not, imo. If you are the last (melee) guy alive on your team, and are actively fighting enemies and making your way to the flags (which always seem to spawn on the other side of the map) the flags should rise slower, or something for every melee swing you get off on an enemy. So long as honest-to-goodness fighting is occurring, the flags shouldn't rise and end the round as far as I'm concerned. If there is one guy left alive who is just pew pewing from the top of a tower, or from horseback, well, the flags should continue to rise and encourage that he get his hands a little dirty. Heck, maybe for every arrow than hits someone or even their shield in the flag area, the flags should gain a little boost for the other team to help out in those 1v1 ranged vs. melee situations.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2014, 09:21:50 pm »
+2
I think that if flags are up and its one ranged guy left on the other team vs a bunch of melee, that ranged guy should automatically get uranium tipped arrows that do 1000 damage with crushthrough.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2014, 03:45:25 pm »
+2
Lowlights from my first hour playing cav in cRPG:
-Missed a couch against an AFK peasant in spawn. Twice.
-Couched two teammates' horses by accident
-Snuck up on an archer from behind, missed 3 consecutive 1h sword swings while he was zoomed and unaware of me. He finally caught on and hacked my horse to death while I cried.
-Dehorsed or killed by every single opposing cavalry I jousted with
-Reared by almost every type of inanimate object on the map (trees, rocks, buildings, fences, etc).

Highlights:
-Opposing horse archer wasted two entire rounds shooting dozens of arrows at me, without ever killing me or my horse
-Looked sexy with heraldic armor+helm+shield+lance+horse (thanks Draeth!)
-Horse never had to be repaired in a full hour of x1 (good thing too, cus this was a STF with 3k gold to his name)

So yeah, I suck at cav, but I think of it as a slightly more interactive spectator mode for Battle. So I'll probably still do it for my alt's next gen.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2014, 04:07:12 pm »
(click to show/hide)

I managed only half a gen of cav (levels 1-30) before the cav patch where I decided to use my reclaimed cav points as IF and just finish the gen off (30-31) as a shielder. To me, all the excitement happens on foot. As you said, cav is basically just a cool interactive spectator mode... kinda how I'd imagine flying a fighter jet through a WW2 battle would feel. You have the option to land some free kills with your machine gun... but good luck hitting anything. As with flying, you only have a few counters... other aircraft (cav), anti-air guns (long 2d or 1d polearms... as a lancer cav even the shorter 2d poles aren't much threat to be honest), and of course the ground/scenery. The only time anti cav weapons were much of a problem for me was when I knew I was taking a risk, and like my melee playstyle, I just charged right in. They are pretty easy to avoid in my opinion. But as with all cav, the amount of kills you get, the amount of fun you have, and the amount of time you are alive on the battlefield are all dependent on one thing: how big your balls are. You can certainly play out the whole round in a glorified spectator mode as most HA do. On horseback, not much can harm you, and if you are actively on the lookout for, and take precautions to avoid, said things you will be fine. Hence on horseback I either died really soon, or survived for the entire round not accomplishing much. I knew that when I started to feel relieved I was getting dehorsed that it was time to rethink this money-sink of a build I had. My best KDRs always ended up being the rounds where I got dehorsed early and played the rest of the round out on foot. That cav patch was a blessing for my alt.

Anyways, my 1h cav tips:
- Swing much later than when you think you should. I would always seemingly swing through my target with every pass, but it was apparently because I was completing my swing before contact. Hold your swing until you are about to hit your target, then release. It doesn't quite line up with what you see, but that's how yah gotta do it.
- As with on foot, left swing best swing.
- When you get a little better fighting other cav, use the 1h stab a little. It is goofy on horseback, but it does wonders since high speed bonus + high pierce damage + least expected attack direction.

And my (couching) lancer cav tips:
- Don't miss.
- Seriously though, just hit X to couch and line it up.
- You have plenty of time to line it up before you automatically retract.
- It's actually pretty easy.
- And skill-less.
- Just keep in mind the lance tip is farther away than it looks, and you will be golden.

Come to think of it, I probably should have just gone lancer cav from the start. I only used the colored lance in the duel server against a seasoned cav player and I went at least 1 to 1 in our jousting matches. I once picked up a MW great lance in NA1 and went on a 5 or 6 kill streak in one life, my record for cav. This was all done with 0 wpf in polearms, in case that actually matters for couching. Anyways, have fun with your cav gen, and I look forward to seeing you (read: dehorsing and killing you) on the battlefield.