Author Topic: Why is ranged disallowed in DTV?  (Read 1753 times)

Offline PhantomZero

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • I'm going to need you playing at 6AM on Saturday..
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BIRD CLAN
  • Game nicks: POSTMASTER_PHANTOM0_OF_BIRD
  • IRC nick: PhantomZero
Re: Why is ranged disallowed in DTV?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 10:54:12 am »
Ahh, that must have been it. We just shrugged it off and blamed it on a disgruntled admin who has been having complaints and whatnot, so we didn't think much of it.  Will keep the bug in mind, though.

Here is what happened, in order to get above x1, you must survive 3 waves of a type of unit. First is Peasants, then Bandits, then Weaboos etc. If you die on any wave other than the 3rd one, you get kicked and lose your multiplier. This will also happen if you join a server during one of the first two waves where you cannot spawn.

The reason you don't get kicked if you die on the 3rd wave is because everyone respawns at the end and a new enemy will start and your multiplier goes up.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Pollux

• Count
  • Renown: 267
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Why is ranged disallowed in DTV?
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 04:12:18 pm »
Hello,

The reason ranged is disabled is because player are exploiting a problem with the map itself, causing bots to get stuck in a corner, then shooting them through an arch. As soon as the map is updated (Within the next day) Ranged will be enabled again. Also as far as I know the multipliers should work fine.

I thought you fixed that a few days ago. I was on the other day and they weren't getting stuck like before, and ranged was still enabled.