Author Topic: Fix weapon switching mode - make smoother  (Read 241 times)

Offline bensai

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 630
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player
  • Bᴏxɪɴɢ Cʜᴀᴍᴘ #ᴄRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
  • Game nicks: assington
Fix weapon switching mode - make smoother
« on: July 07, 2014, 05:45:25 pm »
This is mostly a damned rage post, but it is a real issue and could be addressed, as crpg devs have worked miracles on this game.

It may be completely random or just have to do with some unknown mechanic, but when using a throwing weapon and having someone charge at you, getting the time right to get your projectile loose then switch to melee mode has to be perfect. Yet 80% of the time when I tap X then go for the swing it just lifts my arm to throw again. I press X, X is to switch. So switch. It isn't smooth, it needs to be. I mean we all know mount and blade is one of the most smooth and skillful games out there, and this is something annoying that every thrower can relate to. Sometimes you press it, it works, other time you gotta spam the hell out of it.

P.S. Strangely when using a secondary mode 2h weapon, switching to Polearm mode is extremely smooth... so smooth you can use it as a feint tactic.

I hope I don't sound like a whining minge bag.

- lover of anus
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Switchtense

• King
  • Renown: 1137
  • Infamy: 137
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • poking you where the sun dont shine!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns, BIRD CLAN BEST CLAN!
  • Game nicks: All sorts of Switch's
  • IRC nick: Switchtense
Re: Fix weapon switching mode - make smoother
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 06:38:00 pm »
+1
For all the non-believers, look no further than this thread for proof that while strat battles are won/lost in NA3/EU3, strat wars are won and lost on the forums.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login