Author Topic: Steam summer sale 2014!  (Read 5668 times)

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Steam summer sale 2014!
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2014, 04:43:03 am »
Even the SP is demanding and good fun. Worth every penny. Very good game.
Well each to his own; my experience in arma 2 and arma 3 (beta) singleplayer is that its the most face grinding boring experience. I mostly interested in arma for tactical battlefield mod which was basically a PR clone, but I check up and get feeling not enough players.

As someone who can't seem to enjoy any games apart from cRPG and super deep strategic shit I gotta recommend the Witcher 2. Barely expected any triple A title to entertain me anymore, but I had a blast with that one.

I enjoyed witcher 2 enough, but as a crpg and strat player didn't you fucken hate the combat? its even more lame than skyrim, you don't aim or use any tactics; you just spam click target and watch their health bar deplete. witcher 3 looks like its going to be the same combat also  :(

Offline SeQuel

• Earl
  • Renown: 446
  • Infamy: 129
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeQueL
  • IRC nick: SeQueL
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2014, 04:56:25 am »
+2
You guys are going to be seriously disappointed if the only games you guys can have fun on is cRPG's combat.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2014, 07:35:53 am »
+1
X-COM: Enemy Unknown - Really fun, I like the way they simplified it. I've restarted a few times to better design/optimize my base and squad but don't mind.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The whole reason why I hated that game is because they 'simplified' it, it's like they ripped out the soul of the game and just painted the shell. Personally I thought the original games were all pretty simple and their actions were more "dumbing it down" than simplifying. Xenonauts is a far better re-make even with its bugs and shitty graphics. Well, that's all my opinion anyway just like you have yours.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2014, 07:53:23 am »
+3
Payday 2 Bag Throwing Simulator 2 still extremely fun

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2014, 08:04:45 am »
+7
Well, looks like I won't be buying a single game on the sale again, there should be an achievement for that

Offline FleetFox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 711
  • Infamy: 72
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fox Shox Rox
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Norsemen
  • Game nicks: Norse_Torr and FleetFox
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2014, 09:13:25 am »
+1
I never played spore.. is it worth it at 10 bucks?

It seems pretty cool but I don't want to buy another game that gets "dusty" in the library.

Got Spore when it first came out, its a solid game imo. Bought it for steam recently on sale because my old disk is dead. Basically its just great fun and like has been said the Space stage is great, stetting up trade networks, or paving out Empires through force. I personally like the Creature stage, its fun looking for all the different customisable parts to then create some crazy ass looking creatures :D

Hopefully the Banner Saga will drop in price more than 33% that seems a game worth spending money on. Also just got that Betrayer early access game at 80% off. Its very interesting definitely worth a look on youtube :)
"Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."
― Emiliano Zapata

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2014, 09:46:00 am »
Got Spore when it first came out, its a solid game imo. Bought it for steam recently on sale because my old disk is dead. Basically its just great fun and like has been said the Space stage is great, stetting up trade networks, or paving out Empires through force. I personally like the Creature stage, its fun looking for all the different customisable parts to then create some crazy ass looking creatures :D

Hopefully the Banner Saga will drop in price more than 33% that seems a game worth spending money on. Also just got that Betrayer early access game at 80% off. Its very interesting definitely worth a look on youtube :)

Got betrayer on wishlist atm. Didn't know it went up for 80%. Darn. For now I'll wait and see if it drops. If not then maybe I'll grab it at 50% before the sale ends.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2014, 09:50:38 am »
Well, looks like I won't be buying a single game on the sale again, there should be an achievement for that
Same here.
Well, I bought some cheap DLC for Grid2 after I realized there is a cockpit view mod which makes playing it again more than worthwhile... :P
...wasn't even enough for a trading card tho.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2014, 10:28:18 am »
I enjoyed witcher 2 enough, but as a crpg and strat player didn't you fucken hate the combat? its even more lame than skyrim, you don't aim or use any tactics; you just spam click target and watch their health bar deplete. witcher 3 looks like its going to be the same combat also  :(

Try Full Combat Rebalance mod. It changes a lot of things, including how you block - you now just lock on an enemy, and as you walk around you block without having to press anything, and also you can't spam anymore, since they start blocking after 1 or 2 hits. For me it makes the combat much more enjoyable.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 10:49:22 am by Patoson »

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2014, 10:41:53 am »
Combat isn't great but I thought it was easily servicable enough, some enemies require slightly different tactics and you got the different spells to break the tedium. I found that I had to be rolling all the time and learning attack patterns of enemies, which is a quite a stretch beyond the depth of Skyrim. It's been a while but I can't remember it being worse than most other games.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2014, 11:02:05 am »
+1
Combat in the Witcher 2 ? What combat ?

*igni igni roll igni roll roll igni roll igni roll*

Offline Radament

• King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • ☑Yes ☒No
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction
  • Game nicks: «Radament» «Miasma»
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2014, 01:26:23 pm »
You guys are going to be seriously disappointed if the only games you guys can have fun on is cRPG's combat.

bought 7 days to die , dedicated server and i'm enjoying it with some other friends. of course that is not crpg , there's no fin that teamkills you at the end of the round , there's no GTX that talking to himself in the rageball server , there's no ranged spam but it's fun.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2014, 01:50:52 pm »
+1
I dunno if you played witcher 2 on hard difficulty but there spamming left click gets punished if theres more than 1 enemy. The combat isnt amazing but im enjoying it more than most games, except when i fight bosses which can be complete bullshit.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2014, 03:44:24 pm »
+1
Combat in the Witcher 2 ? What combat ?

*igni igni roll igni roll roll igni roll igni roll*

:lol:

This is how I played The Witcher 2:

Igni, Igni, Igni, Igni, Igni, Igni, Igni, Igni....

Nobody survived that.

:mrgreen:

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2014, 07:25:56 pm »
I've had more mileage out of the GOG sale than the Steam one.
And how!