Author Topic: Iraq falling appart  (Read 45291 times)

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
Re: Iraq falling appart
« Reply #990 on: January 21, 2016, 02:45:09 am »
People who don't work for their rewards, tend to normally find themselves sad, or disappointed of their life at some point, since they don't deserve that reward. When you get something, while you know you did literally nothing to deserve it, not only alters its taste, but also makes you feel some kind of weird sensation/feeling after that, like mediocrity, or shame.

Hmm.. Well, i can't argue with that, but personally, i find it sad, that it's in people's nature to feel joy/satisfaction only in contrast with pain/discomfort.
I'm running after work almost every day. My coworkers frequently discussed this "habit" of mine, and were mildly surprised to hear that i hate running. So many say - "well, it must feel good once you finished you course?", and yes it does feel good, but only because i don't have to run anymore. Can you follow my logic here?.. To feel good just because it doesn't hurt anymore is somehow wrong and sad, in my opinion.

Well, the point of drugs, is literally to get ourselves filled with endorphins and dopamine, which leads to the same thing : you're being completely stunned, permanently in this case. This is what I actually thought of : if you're given rewards, without any work, you don't learn, you don't progress, you don't reflect. This means your brain is slowly, but surely rotting away. Stunning it completely with drugs just accelerate the things

It's all true, but i don't really see it as an unacceptable downside of the "heroine-goo"... Again, and example from my personal experience:

My grandmother died from the side effects of extremely potent medicine against Parkinson, and some other conditions. I used to live with my grandparents a lot when i was a kid, so knew my grandmother very well. She used to take them awful pills 5+ times a day. More and more as time went by. And so when i was around 13-14, she was taking so much of that crap, that her mental abilities began to rapidly deteriorate. Without going into unneeded details, i can say that she went from being a very normal, active woman, into a vegetable state in a course of 3 years or so.
My point is, that while i, to my horror, witnessed more and more of that pure insanity - she was completely oblivious to that fact. One day, there was nothing left in her eyes - just two glass balls staring at me, her mind turned completely "inwards" and she was only able to comprehend the "reality" once in a while.
So i believe that slowly going mad, insane, having your brain fried - is not a big deal. It's only sad for others, but not for one who experiences it. She never looked unhappy or sad, she just drifted away at some point, living in some dreamworld of hers. The most peaceful and pleasant way to go, if you ask me.

When I say I want an honorable death, or anything similar compared to living like this, I mean I would actually wish for people I like to get a last sight of me, dying for a right cause, in a way I wished, rather than living like that, and not even realizing I'm about to die or whatever. Nothing will matter anymore once you die, as Kafein explained quite well, but I actually wish something good remains of my short existence on this fucked up planet, even if it'll last shortl

That is why i was mentioning the will to compete in my first post. Most people see themselves only through other peoples' eyes - one can not tell right from wrong, if there is no one to define it, etc.
I dislike people in general, but being only human, i still enjoy others' attention, my pride needs to be fed, and I am subjected to, mostly retarded, codes of conduct. I am too weak to break these chains, but I do not wish to be completely enslaved by them, and so when being alone, and taking personal decisions regarding my life, when i harm no other people, I try to choose what i want, rather than choosing what is right.
Not sure if it makes much sense, but hopefully you can see the direction in which i am going here.
That is why i choose heroine-goo for myself - free from opinions, morality, having no need to justify myself and such :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: January 21, 2016, 07:07:21 am »

That is why i was mentioning the will to compete in my first post. Most people see themselves only through other peoples' eyes - one can not tell right from wrong, if there is no one to define it, etc.
I dislike people in general, but being only human, i still enjoy others' attention, my pride needs to be fed, and I am subjected to, mostly retarded, codes of conduct. I am too weak to break these chains, but I do not wish to be completely enslaved by them, and so when being alone, and taking personal decisions regarding my life, when i harm no other people, I try to choose what i want, rather than choosing what is right.
Not sure if it makes much sense, but hopefully you can see the direction in which i am going here.
That is why i choose heroine-goo for myself - free from opinions, morality, having no need to justify myself and such :)
The third time Moenghus matched his gaze, Cnaüir did not reach for his stick. Instead he asked: “Why? Why do you provoke me?”
“Because you, Cnaüir urs Skiotha, are more than your kinsmen. Because you alone can understand what I’ve to say.” You alone.
More capturing words. What young man does not chafe in the shadow of his elders? What young man does not harbor secret resentments, pompous hopes?
“Speak.”
Moenghus spoke about many things over the months that followed, about how Men slumbered, about how the Logos, the way of intellect, was the only thing that could awaken them. But all of it was a blur to Cnaüir now. Of all their secret transactions, he remembered only the first with any clarity. But then inaugural sins always burned the brightest. Like beacons.
“When the warriors raid the Empire across the mountains,” Moenghus said, “they always use the same trails, do they not?”
“Yes. Of course.”
“But why?”
Cnaüir shrugged. “Because the trails are mountain passes. There’s no other way to cross into the Empire.”
“And when the warriors gather to raid their neighbors’ pastures, they always use the same trails, do they not?”
“No.”
“Why not?”
“Because they ride across open ground. The ways of crossing the Steppe are without number.”
“Exactly!” Moenghus exclaimed. “And is not every task like a journey? Every accomplishment a destination? Every hunger a point of departure?”
“I suppose... The memorialists say as much.”
“Then the memorialists are wise.”
“Make your point, slave.”
Laughter, flawless in its coarse Scylvendi cadences — the laugh of a great warrior. Even then Moenghus had known what poses to strike. “Do you see? You grow impatient because you think the path I take too convoluted. Even words are like journeys!”
“So?”
“So if all things men do are journeys, I ask you, why are the ways of the Scylvendi, the customs that bind what men do, like mountain passes? Why do they ride the same trails, over and over again, when the ways to their destination are without number?”
“Where no paths exist,” Moenghus had continued, “a man strays only when he misses his destination. There is no crime, no transgression, no sin save foolishness or incompetence, and no obscenity save the tyranny of custom. But you already know this... You stand apart from your tribe.”

He alone was awake. Where others filed through illusory canyons, his soul ranged the trackless plains.

“What comes before determines what comes after,” Kellhus continued. “For the Dünyain, there’s no higher principle.”
“And just what comes before?” Cnaüir asked, trying to force a sneer.
“For Men? History. Language. Passion. Custom. All these things determine what men say, think, and do. These are the hidden puppet-strings from which all men hang.”
Shallow breath. A face freighted by unwanted insights. “And when the strings are seen...”
“They may be seized.”
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Turkhammer

• Earl
  • Renown: 376
  • Infamy: 194
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: January 21, 2016, 07:41:09 am »
Isn't the rationale of every living being to maximize happiness?

Having a meaningful discussion with you is impossible.  You can't seem to follow the thread of the conversation.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #993 on: January 21, 2016, 10:14:49 am »
Having a meaningful discussion with you is impossible.  You can't seem to follow the thread of the conversation.
Pretty sure quite a lot of people think the very same about you right now. :rolleyes:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: January 21, 2016, 12:12:57 pm »
I think he means I'm not letting myself be caught in trivial rhetorical traps.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #995 on: January 21, 2016, 12:23:41 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: January 21, 2016, 12:24:13 pm »
I think he means I'm not letting myself be caught in trivial rhetorical traps.
And I answered him anyway, which he ignored to say that discussing with you is impossible.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: January 21, 2016, 12:58:30 pm »
And I answered him anyway, which he ignored to say that discussing with you is impossible.

Discussing with me is impossible. To finish a discussion you must first do the first half of the discussion, then the first half of the remaining discussion, then the first half of... you know where I'm going with this.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #998 on: January 21, 2016, 01:55:46 pm »
Fuck off, Zeno.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: January 21, 2016, 02:14:05 pm »
And I'm also a stoic. Kinda.

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: January 21, 2016, 02:20:11 pm »
Discussing with me is impossible. To finish a discussion you must first do the first half of the discussion, then the first half of the remaining discussion, then the first half of... you know where I'm going with this.
http://forum.melee.org/general-off-topic/free-energy-already-exists-we've-been-kept-in-the-dark-for-over-a-century/msg1179391/#msg1179391

I beat you to the Zeno reference, bitch.
Meaning lies as much
as in the Haiku.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #1002 on: January 21, 2016, 04:07:56 pm »
It's called inductive reasoning. We know where thoughts are formed, and what they need to be formed, i.e., a working brain. There is no reason to assume death is anything but non-existence, and all the reasons to believe it is non-existence, based on everything science has told us so far.

That's nice.
Because I like existing. What a hard question.
What are you even talking about?
I don't derive enjoyment from existence because of the "primal instinct and desire to procreate." Even if I did, there's a saying about bad masters and good servants.
Yes, I'm sure an idiot could "construe" it to mean that, but that's why we'd call that person an idiot -- it makes no sense whatsoever. Enjoying life somehow turns into "desiring to procreate and ensure the survival of the species"? What? There's more to life than sex, you know, and even if sex were one of the main reasons for someone to be alive, that's still a non sequitur. If Bob enjoys sex because enjoying sex made his ancestors breed more, that doesn't mean Bob has the desire to procreate and ensure the survival of the species; it means Bob likes sex, which, in his ancestors, as a side effect led to those genes that make you enjoy sex being passed on.
Being able to do what I want to do. Mostly things that I find intellectually and physically pleasing, and those things include difficulties and struggle and competition, so I wouldn't want to be hooked to a heroin machine. The trick, I've found, is to pick and choose which one of your evolved instincts and traits you find acceptable and worthy on an intellectual level and then pursue things that align with them, while subduing the instincts and traits you dislike.

Clearly my references to the lizard brain went RIGHT over your head, no wonder you think I'm an idiot a conclusion you've deduced through your own lack of understanding and ignorance which infact makes you the.. I'm not going to call you an idiot. You're just a twat.

There are many reasons to supect that there may be more to life after death if not least from our lack of understanding about our existence and the nature of reality. Then there's testamonies of people who've had near death experiences, children who claim to have been another person in a past life and more... Ok much of it may be made up bollocks and I'm sure you'll come up with a scientific excuse or reason to justify near death experiences. We still have alot to learn about ourselves, our planet, our universe and the nature of reality itself. To simply write things off that we cannot prove or disprove based purely on what we know today is premature.

If we lived back in the middle-ages, you'd probably one of those people arguing that the world is flat because of the current limit of our academic knowledge at the time. "Smart people say so, so it must be so.".. Well done stupid.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 04:16:52 pm by Murmillus_Prime »
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #1003 on: January 21, 2016, 04:19:37 pm »
Don't worry. Even Penrose fell for it and he used to be one of the best.

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #1004 on: January 21, 2016, 04:31:02 pm »
Don't worry. Even Penrose fell for it and he used to be one of the best.

Fell for.. Oh right so you can disprove his theories can you? Like Xant knows what happens after death because he's dead you must be a theoretical physicist.

Don't worry, mommy said you can grow up to be anything.
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.