Author Topic: Iraq falling appart  (Read 52485 times)

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Renown: 870
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pixel Paladins
  • Game nicks: Cock_Blockula Kunt_Blockula Daunt_Flockula
Re: Iraq falling appart
« Reply #660 on: October 08, 2014, 02:09:52 pm »
+1
Right now, IS is brutally attacking Kobane, the last Kurdish settlement outside Turkish borders. Probably it has already fallen. This only proves that Turkey is not even interested in attacking IS terrorists at all. As estimated, the government wants them to slaughter Kurds while our army targets Assad.

From the beginning of the week, Kurds have been protesting on the streets. Right now it is known that 16 protesters have been killed. Rumor is that the police is instigating nationalists to fight them. Hezbollah and Huda-Par (an extremist religious political party that was only recently formed in Turkey) supporters were also seen attacking Kurds on the streets. Kurdish politicians are calling former Gezi protesters to step up and lend their support. Yet the majority of those of Gezi are not willing. People still remember how Kurds appeared with PKK flags to undermine Gezi and also withdrew from streets upon order of their imprisoned leader.

Things really look terrible. On one hand, we have people who are almost totally indifferent or sometimes hostile towards the Kurdish protesters. And on the other hand, we have the IS terror which will probably be crawling its way into Turkey. I am sure that once they are done with Kobane, they will march into Eastern Turkey to attack the local Kurdish population and next thing you know, they will be slaughtering people who they might declare infidels.

It is obvious that our government is not going to be explicitly aggresive towards them. And it is also known that IS terrorists are based all around Turkey as a contingency plan, so that they might terrorize cities like İstanbul and Ankara in case of being attacked.

I just wish it hadn't taken Kurds more than a decade to finally see that they had been deceived by the government all along. I wish they hadn't backed these fanatics and their iron grasp of power so long. I wish it hadn't been necessary for them to get killed to eventually see their mistake. But wishes don't exist only in an ideal world I guess.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 02:53:25 pm by Daunt_Flockula »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: October 08, 2014, 02:52:03 pm »
If I got this right Turkland wants a joint offensive on Kobane while other countries are waiting for Turkland to make the ground offensive :rolleyes:

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #662 on: October 08, 2014, 02:55:06 pm »
If I got this right Turkland wants a joint offensive on Kobane while other countries are waiting for Turkland to make the ground offensive :rolleyes:

Well the problem is our government still plans ''how we can get rid of Assad''. If they help Kobane with ground forces then nationalists will stand up cause they did nothing while Turcomans were killed. They are stuck at each way at the moment. Sadly most of the  people can't look at things without identities. There is always Kurd-Turk problem. Otherwise we could already take Erdogan and his party down. It was a bit late for Kurds to wake up but at least they did... As flockula mentioned i want to help at their protests but they are acting like Turks are the enemy...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 03:01:04 pm by Xside »

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: October 08, 2014, 03:00:05 pm »
It appears that the government is trying to kill two birds with one stone in the midst of the IS crisis. They will both root out the ongoing Kurdish problem and realize their wet dream of toppling Assad. In the end, IS will most probably continue to exist. Even some US ex government official (sorry for not remembering the name or providing a link, just read this together with tens of other articles lately) recently claimed that the IS might still be around 30 years later.

Edit: Found the news here. The official is the former Defense Secretary Leon Panetta: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2782391/Former-Defense-Secretary-Leon-Panetta-says-America-faces-30-year-war-against-ISIS-emerging-terror-groups.html

Edit 2: 19 protesters killed as of now.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 03:13:44 pm by Daunt_Flockula »

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: October 08, 2014, 04:29:05 pm »
This doesn't really make sense. Even if Turkey supports ISIS to fights Kurds and Assad, the instant ISIS attacks the Turkish border they will be forced to act. They are already having problems near the tomb of Suleiman in Syria. All this makes me think ISIS will conspicuously avoid attacking Turkey, unless they really are as dumb and poorly organized as I suppose they are.

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: October 08, 2014, 04:59:42 pm »
There is attacking. And then there is collusion.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 08, 2014, 05:20:45 pm »

Reply: 666 (fear me)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Flans

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 147
  • cRPG Player
  • I come to eat you at night
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunion_Odysseus
  • IRC nick: Flans
« Reply #667 on: October 08, 2014, 06:09:58 pm »

Seems like the Turks don't want to help the people that have been killing Turks (soldiers, civilians etc.) for the past 30 years.
I wanted an avatar as cool as the Nords ones, but I have no skill with Photoshop, or Illustrator or anything like that >:(

Offline Daunt_Flockula

• Marshall
  • Step aside peasants!
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 08, 2014, 06:18:12 pm »
+1
True. Both sides have been killing each other for 30 years. Hence the general hate and lack of help. Yet hate is easy. Somebody has to break the vicious cycle at some point, even though politicians function the other way around. In that sense, Kurdish politicians themselves have failed miserably in terms of washing away the Kurd hate. They could have made a difference. They could have broken the chain. But they chose to first undermine and then abandon the Gezi protests, which could have actually yielded great results for national peace.

Also the government's teenager ruse of promising Kurds peace (and probably autonomy into gradual independence) and creating an Islamic terrorist group to stab them in the back was neither clever nor helpful. This will only create more and more bloodshed in the years to come.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 06:26:10 pm by Daunt_Flockula »

Offline Umbra

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 162
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, Freak Army of Gnjus
  • Game nicks: Umbra
« Reply #669 on: October 08, 2014, 07:49:30 pm »
Can any German confirm the title of this?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c1a_1412771947

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #670 on: October 09, 2014, 10:14:21 am »
Watched w/o audio but it seems to be legit. Local news say the same as the video shows.
Some hundred Kurds were demonstrating - mostly peacefully - and later in the night some other men showed up, suspected Salafists, and all hell broke loose. News was talking about life threatening scenarios for Police and bystanders cuz some assholes actually brought machetes and big ass knives with them.

Now they are discussing how to prevent German cities becoming outsourced war zones...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Knute

• Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 682
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Free Peasants of Fisdnar
« Reply #671 on: October 09, 2014, 10:49:35 am »
There was something in the news a few days ago about a hostage and prisoner exchange between ISIS and Turkey. Maybe Turkey is still in the process of trying to free (translation: buy back) other hostages so that's part of the reason why they're not taking action?

Offline Kirman

• Duke
  • Renown: 609
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tormatun
  • Game nicks: Kirman/Namrik/Anmirk/Riknam
« Reply #672 on: October 09, 2014, 02:01:21 pm »
There was something in the news a few days ago about a hostage and prisoner exchange between ISIS and Turkey. Maybe Turkey is still in the process of trying to free (translation: buy back) other hostages so that's part of the reason why they're not taking action?

They acted like heroes when Turk hostages arrived.  I don't really think there are more hostages. As i said they are still planing on how to get rid of Assad. Actually it's helping ISIS in one way. We can actually save Kobane in 1 or 2 days and stop all this madness in Turkey but they let ISIS come to Turkey. So if they attack ISIS, there may be terrorist attacks which may cause civilian casualties. To be honest they are fucked up really bad this time. There is no way out of this without heavy casualties.  What i would like to see was a civil rebellion Kurds and Turks taking this government down but i'm a dreamer...

Edit: 28 students detained while protesting today at my college. Somehow police did nothing to ISIS supporters.... Seems like i need to take my gas mask back
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 02:18:38 pm by Xside »

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #673 on: October 14, 2014, 09:43:29 pm »
Turkey bombs Kurdish PKK rebel positions, Kobani inaction threatens ceasefire

Turkish warplanes have bombed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) targets near the country’s border with Iraq. The strikes highlight rising tensions in Turkey over Ankara’s perceived unwillingness to aid besieged Kurdish fighters in the Syrian town of Kobani.

The Turkish General Staff dispatched F-16 and F-4 jets to the southeastern village of Daglica in Hakkari province on Monday, the Turkish daily Hurriyet reports.

The daily says the airstrikes caused “heavy damage” to the PKK.

The PKK's military wing, however, said in a statement on its website that its forces had not suffered casualties during the strikes, Reuters reports.

Turkey says the bombings came in response to three days of attacks on the Daglıca military guard post with rocket-propelled grenades and heavy machine guns. PKK insurgents for their part blamed the Turkish military of violating the ceasefire.

Monday’s strikes were the first to be conducted since the Kurdish rebel group declared a ceasefire with Turkey in March 2013.

The incident underlines simmering anger among Kurds in southeastern Turkey over Ankara’s failure to intervene against so-called Islamic State (IS) militants, who launched a massive offensive on the predominately Kurdish town of Kobani – not far from Syria’s border with Turkey – on September 16.

At least 35 people were killed throughout Turkey’s Kurdish majority south-eastern provinces last week after protests against Ankara’s inaction descended into violent street clashes.

Abdullah Ocalan, the jailed leader of PKK, has threatened to call off peace talks to end nearly three decades of insurgency if Ankara does not act by Wednesday.

Meanwhile, a "symbolic" amount of military supplies sent from Iraqi Kurdistan to Syrian Kurds is stuck in Syria’s northeast after Turkey refused to open an aid corridor, German daily Deutsche Welle cites Syrian Kurdish official Alan Othman as saying on Tuesday.

"It is a symbolic shipment that has remained in the Jazeera canton," Othman said, using the Kurdish name for northeastern Syria.

On Monday, Turkish officials denied a previous announcement by the Obama administration that Ankara had authorized US fighter jets to use the Incirlik Airbase as a launching point to conduct bombing campaigns against IS (Islamic State) militants.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said that any military operations conducted from its territory should be done with an aim of removing Syrian president Bashar Assad from power.

Earlier this month, Erdogan said that IS and the PKK are equally worthy of contempt in the eyes of Turkey.

"It is wrong to consider them [IS and PKK] in different ways,” Erdogan said. “We need to handle them all together on a common ground."

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1616
  • Infamy: 2539
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: October 14, 2014, 10:39:24 pm »
Turkish warplanes... F-16 and F-4 :lol: