Author Topic: [OCEU 5s] Questions & Answers  (Read 17272 times)

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
Re: [OCEU 5s] Questions & Answers
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2014, 08:24:40 am »
(click to show/hide)

15.3~, am I allowed to use this set?

FUCK, This post was meant for the 1v1 tournamet!
How can they understand that u have like 16k or 17k ; i dont really think that they can check everyone's items one by one.

If there is another solution for that i couldnt get it because i just fuckin wake teh fuck up and started workin.

Offline Mendro

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2014, 10:21:28 am »
Are you planning a tournament after this one with main character allowed ?

Offline bagge

• Renown: 1056
  • Infamy: 275
  • cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: bagge
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2014, 12:11:27 pm »
Thanks for the response, sorry for posting in the wrong thread, not used to having so many different topics like this xD

Point 2 is really good, i like that there will be a human element to look into blatant abuse of the rules. Common sense rulings i guess.

Though i'm not sure allowing loompoints is consistent with the spirit of only allowing STF characters, i know it'd be harder to regulate, but a full set of loomed armour is a significant advantage, and not one i have the luxury of xD

Our/my wish is to be able to create tournament characters in the future it would be possible to play with no heirlooms. As it is now it's pretty much impossible to check.

Are you planning a tournament after this one with main character allowed ?

Yes, a smaller tournament with main characters are being planned.

According to the poll in this thread there was more in favor of STF's, that is why we are testing it now.

After both tournaments are done we can gather feedback and find out what we and the Community wants for the next major tournament.
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2014, 11:40:16 pm »
Why a smaller one ?? It should be another tournament with the same rewards but different rules regarding the characters used! Still gonna try to find myself a good team to play with !

Also, will future "non official" tournaments (ex : Fallen League )  be rewarded by official rewards, or is it like before if it's not sponsorised by devs or the event team ?

Offline Tydeus

• Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2014, 11:55:33 pm »
Also, will future "non official" tournaments (ex : Fallen League )  be rewarded by official rewards, or is it like before if it's not sponsorised by devs or the event team ?
Can't say I have an answer for that, since that question has never come up in our discussions (chadz gives the final 'OK' on all of these things.) Not that I want to keep Fallen or anyone else for that matter, from hosting their own events, but is there anything to be gained by hosting additional tournaments on non wse2 servers? The idea, is that there would be no reason to even think about hosting events elsewhere.

If you have an event prepared or are thinking about preparing an event, let us know. Send Nessaj, Bagge, Molly or Tuetensuppe or myself your ideas and what you've prepared so far, and if it's clear your serious about hosting the event, we'll attempt to figure out a way to get it to work on the official event servers.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Molly

• Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2014, 09:31:41 am »
[...]
If you have an event prepared or are thinking about preparing an event, let us know. Send Nessaj, Bagge, Molly or Tuetensuppe or myself your ideas and what you've prepared so far, and if it's clear your serious about hosting the event, we'll attempt to figure out a way to get it to work on the official event servers.
That of course means too that we might support you with man power. Meaning helping out as referees, in the organization or - my speciality - making it public with proper advertisement across the EU server. :D
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2014, 12:25:31 am »
Matches will be 5-a-side, the team may only use a maximum of three infantry, two ranged, one cavalry and one horse ranged.
  Throwers counts as ranged.
  Horse Ranged counts as both cavalry and ranged.

Can we please remove the maximum cap for infantry? For ranged and cav I can understand the cap, but I fail to see the reasoning behind this.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Admiral Ballsack

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • Weewoo
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Murder Boners
  • Game nicks: l33tplayer, KbW Aflack, Admiral_Ballsack, PS_Bob
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2014, 04:22:43 am »
Once you bring a ranged weapon, you are now a ranged character.
Matches will be 5-a-side, the team may only use a maximum of three infantry, two ranged, one cavalry and one horse ranged.
  Throwers counts as ranged.
  Horse Ranged counts as both cavalry and ranged.
Both teams are granted 15 minutes to gather their

I'm a tad confused, you're saying I can go my normal 18/21 shielder build and bring rocks and be counted as a RANGED class? What is the purpose of limiting infantry.. To what length will you be considered ranged? Also obvious macroing?

A player in the team has to be apart of at least 50% of the matches in order to get a prize.

Also this rule, why would anyone join a team of 5 if they know they won't start?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 04:31:06 am by Admiral Ballsack »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Molly

• Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2014, 09:43:43 am »
Can we please remove the maximum cap for infantry? For ranged and cav I can understand the cap, but I fail to see the reasoning behind this.
The rule is in place to give dedicated archer/xbower a slot in the teams and a chance to participate. Otherwise there might be an exclusion of ranged players. I remember Bagge answering that particular question somewhere in more detail. Please have a look around if my answer is not satisfying as explanation.

I'm a tad confused, you're saying I can go my normal 18/21 shielder build and bring rocks and be counted as a RANGED class? What is the purpose of limiting infantry.. To what length will you be considered ranged? Also obvious macroing?

A player in the team has to be apart of at least 50% of the matches in order to get a prize.

Also this rule, why would anyone join a team of 5 if they know they won't start?
Yep, stones are a throwing weapon and it would be a ranged character. I am unsure about smoke bombs tho :P Everything thrown or shot is classified as "range".
Since there is no real way to detect the use of macros, from my point of view, we will treat them as non-existent.
To avoid that people just idle a team and get a huge prize at the end, they have to actively participate in the tournament to qualify for the prizes. No prize-leeching basically.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2014, 04:36:10 pm »
I see (and maybe other scrubs) no chance in winning a matchup, since every team is gonna be a sweaty nerds who clear the opposing team within seconds if they're up against people with less than 2 yrs experience in this game :|
You could bring loomed items, right? A team then could go full loomed tincan and not get a scratch from most weps..

People might say; ''Yeah, but you do it for fun!'' no. theres no fun in getting wrecked by shielders like Cyber and HX like Love_More.

And will there be a good spot for people to see the fights? A tribune or somt.

(click to show/hide)
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline bagge

• cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2014, 07:49:04 pm »
I see (and maybe other scrubs) no chance in winning a matchup, since every team is gonna be a sweaty nerds who clear the opposing team within seconds if they're up against people with less than 2 yrs experience in this game :|
You could bring loomed items, right? A team then could go full loomed tincan and not get a scratch from most weps..

People might say; ''Yeah, but you do it for fun!'' no. theres no fun in getting wrecked by shielders like Cyber and HX like Love_More.

And will there be a good spot for people to see the fights? A tribune or somt.

(click to show/hide)

What do you want me to do? Boot people because they are too good? :P

Give it a shot, do it for fun! I assume you've never played any competitive matches in Warband, well this is your oppertunity to try it out and you might be suprised what teamwork can do. Personal solo-hero-skill aren't everything in matches!
I hope you guys get some sort of sticky balls deseases and smell like my armpits, sorry excusese for nolife fucking cunts you are.

Offline AwesomeHail

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 49
  • Blaze it nerds
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries.
  • Game nicks: Hail, lol, Kankerhoer etc
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2014, 08:50:32 pm »
I've been the officer in many NW matches when the commando lost his voice
(click to show/hide)
The clan was quite small, and we had to fight the really organized ones (dont know them at the top of my head) and they had been training from when the mod came out more or less..

oh well, ill try to get in or substitute someone when they arent all there or somethin
Your binary primitive low capacity of thinking is not relevant.

Offline Renay

• Earl
  • Renown: 493
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Every Clan, but mostly Ninja!
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Renay
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2014, 08:16:04 pm »
Dunno if I'm blind, but I can't find the sign up deadlines for the teams. When are they?

Nevermind, found it. Maybe add it to the tournament rules thread as well.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 08:20:15 pm by Renay »
Blackbow is a bad admin,he once told me sandfriend It broked all my desire from the game/forums,i felt devastated,horrible don't know how to fix it.

Offline tropik33

• Noble
  • Renown: 20
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dagoth_the_Dunmer, JazonN
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2014, 12:22:54 am »
Any restrictions on equipment or gold, on a STF character?
“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.”

Offline bagge

• cRPG Player
  • Duke of Poland
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2014, 01:07:16 am »
Any restrictions on equipment or gold, on a STF character?

No