Author Topic: new patch  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
Re: new patch
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2014, 06:31:18 pm »
+1
Lots of QQ inc.

The internal balance of 2H and Cavalry is really broken now. Longsword and HBS were never used very much on EU1, and now the Two Handed Sword has superior stats due to recent buffs.

All heavy horses from War Horse to Eastern Warhorse have higher requirements and less speed/maneuver than Barded and Padded without giving much more survivability. Even between those there are huge problems like War Horse being far superior to the bigger archer target of a Large Warhorse. Rouncey is now almost as good as a Destrier, with 2 points lower requirement and one third of the price. Sumpter is still useless and 1-3 riding skill doesn't allow to ride any decent horses. I guess the idea here was to nerf cav damage, but a 21/21 build won't be much less effective than 24/15 was, so it fails to address the issue which would be easily fixed by just nerfing the cavalry speed bonus.

EU1 filled with archers and xbows - buff archers, keep xbows the same and nerf their biggest enemies.

Awlpike and other 2D poles still op.

With 12 str I can still wear heavy armor (64 body armor) and use a long spear but can't carry a long 1H sword.

Offline Austrian

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1117
  • Infamy: 126
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Bro's are Bro's, forever.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Brotherhood
  • Game nicks: Austriano, Faust, Nestea
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2014, 06:35:53 pm »
+2
Lots of QQ inc.

The internal balance of 2H and Cavalry is really broken now. Longsword and HBS were never used very much on EU1, and now the Two Handed Sword has superior stats due to recent buffs.

All heavy horses from War Horse to Eastern Warhorse have higher requirements and less speed/maneuver than Barded and Padded without giving much more survivability. Even between those there are huge problems like War Horse being far superior to the bigger archer target of a Large Warhorse. Rouncey is now almost as good as a Destrier, with 2 points lower requirement and one third of the price. Sumpter is still useless and 1-3 riding skill doesn't allow to ride any decent horses. I guess the idea here was to nerf cav damage, but a 21/21 build won't be much less effective than 24/15 was, so it fails to address the issue which would be easily fixed by just nerfing the cavalry speed bonus.

EU1 filled with archers and xbows - buff archers, keep xbows the same and nerf their biggest enemies.

Awlpike and other 2D poles still op.

With 12 str I can still wear heavy armor (64 body armor) and use a long spear but can't carry a long 1H sword.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I like the changes, 1H cav got the nerf they needed and archers are even more able to kite. All in all a glorious day for me.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2014, 06:42:59 pm »

Serious. Greatswords are far more popular than the shorter bastard swords. Unless on horseback. On NA it's the other way around. The devs could give updated numbers, but these are the ones from a few months ago, before the nerfs to bastards and buffs to greatswords: http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/can-we-get-stats-of-servers/msg940271/#msg940271

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2014, 06:45:56 pm »
Serious. Greatswords are far more popular than the shorter bastard swords. Unless on horseback. On NA it's the other way around. The devs could give updated numbers, but these are the ones from a few months ago, before the nerfs to bastards and buffs to greatswords: http://forum.melee.org/suggestions-corner/can-we-get-stats-of-servers/msg940271/#msg940271
Those stats spanned more than an entire year, most of which was before the WPF rework, which is the main reason why the bastard swords had to be dealt with in the first place.
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2014, 06:49:49 pm »
Those stats spanned more than an entire year, most of which was before the WPF rework, which is the main reason why the bastard swords had to be dealt with in the first place.

Give us up to date stats then please. I still see a lot more greatswords on EU1 than I see bastard swords.

At one point bastard swords were OP as hell, but they didn't need this latest nerf. Just look at the balance between THS and LS and tell me why anyone would choose the LS...

Offline Lactating Vegetables

• Count
  • Renown: 280
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew Pew
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy
  • Game nicks: Aurora/ Lactating Vegetables/ Aurora_Borealis/ Hirovard
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2014, 06:52:22 pm »
The pelt hood looks amazing with the donkey head  :lol:

Aurora makes me grab a shield every game!

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2014, 06:57:35 pm »
+3
You forgot to make rangedcav have to fill out a captcha in order to reload.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 1499
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2014, 07:08:30 pm »
+2

Offline Crob28

• Count
  • Renown: 247
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2014, 08:38:19 pm »
Pff, I'll be in the Fapocalypse thread until this all blows over....  :rolleyes: