Author Topic: SCREAMING IDIOT'S own ART REQUESTS board!  (Read 9553 times)

Offline Soldier_of_God

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Tristan, Archerfaggotry, Sir_Edward
Re: SCREAMING IDIOT'S own ART REQUESTS board!
« Reply #135 on: November 07, 2014, 06:27:38 pm »
+1
So, absolutely good start, however I really do need you to draw the whole thing with texture; what i mean...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

I need this to look as much like a sketch as possible; to give you a specific goal to work towards, the one posted above would be an excellent reference. I need texture and basic shading. No banner, and no color, because i might use it later for something else; i can put it on myself, but i need the basic details worked out. I apologize if i have not been clear. While i do want shading, its important to not do it to heavily. as an example. i cannot do anything with the boots because they are solid black. there also seems to be a severe lack of any shading or detail whatsoever.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=293551356

you can see all my stuff here. I do understand if there are others waiting in line, and if you need to come back to it certainly tend to others if you must, but i would really like you to take your time and do a nice one for me.

if there is any ambiguity, please be sure to message me or reply in the thread, and we can work it out. if you want to cut your losses, i can understand as well.

Thanks,
                Sir_Edward.

So here's SoG's commission with all the texture and details added in, plus some minor tweaking. If he bitches asks me for anything else, I'll work on it after Ulter's commission (which shouldn't take too long, mind you).

(click to show/hide)

I'm really not sure how i could possibly be more specific. You want to make me happy? Do what you do for everyone else. Make it look like the reference i've posted twice now. Do it over, Do it by hand, don't blacken anything out with your shading. Don't do it by computer because it looks nothing like a sketch. Don't make my character look like he needs an oxygen tank. Don't decide to do my shit at the last minute and put a bow tie on it. Don't insult me when i'm paying you to do shit.

Do the whole thing over. You're paid in full, do the whole thing over like you give a shit, and you'll get my respect. otherwise, just send me the psd, and ill make due with your childish rendition of a escaped retiree playing dungeons and dragons.

oh, and if there is ANY AMBIGUITY in the shit im saying, fucking tell me, because i really am getting tired of this shit. i mean jesus, all im asking you to do is sketch my character in math class or whatever, im not asking for anything but the goddamn sketch.

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • Renown: 517
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: HoC_Screaming_Idiot
« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2014, 07:54:33 pm »
Appreciate the input, Inglorious. I did improve the texture in the revision, but looking at it now it is nigh imperceptible compared to the first draft. I understand I set the bar quite high with Pawiu (plus the fact that I have to do all sorts of art besides cRPG commissions), so I'll try to utilize some more sophistication in future commissions. I'm going to re-do SoG's (pen and ink according to his most recent post). I'll be doing some new and improved things soon once I start the new thread.

Regarding SoG, I understand you being mad at me and I can't blame you, but I am putting a lot of effort into all of my work, it's just that I haven't been raising the bar up as much as I'd like, plus the fact that I tried to do something in a medium I lack practice/experience that I assumed would be more convenient to you. I never meant to insult/demean you during the process of this commission, so I apologize if I did. I'll redo your commission pen & ink over the weekend, and it should be up sunday, tops.

In any case, I'll get shit done over the weekend and finally bury this thread.  :o

Offline Soldier_of_God

• Count
  • Renown: 159
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sir_Tristan, Archerfaggotry, Sir_Edward
« Reply #137 on: November 07, 2014, 08:45:24 pm »
+1
Feel free to take as much time as you need, I really am in no rush at all. I apologize for being a bit prickly, I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job on paper. It IS easier to work with when in PSD, but i'll manage. I can work with a scan of it; all i'm gonna do is color it a little and slap the astralis banner into a overlay layer. Also, feel free to make him look like a mean asshole, it's a reflection of myself anyway :P

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 08, 2014, 03:25:42 am »
Ulter wanted a full color/shading edit, so here it is:

(click to show/hide)

Took much longer than I expected, but I'm quite happy with the results.
He ended up looking sad for some reason. Poor bastard.  :P
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 03:36:38 am by Screaming Idiot »

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #139 on: November 08, 2014, 03:57:11 am »
I think the issue is that he wanted a hand-drawn one with blank tabard to fill in with his clan banner in the future. A lot less words than what he said but I think that's it.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2014, 10:28:29 am »
This guy is spending hours of his own time for worthless currency. Its not even anything by crpg gold standards. I think people are being a bit demanding. I would ask for gold up front and no refunds. If the work is no good then people will stop asking for commisions
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2014, 10:43:51 am »
+1
This guy is spending hours of his own time for worthless currency. Its not even anything by crpg gold standards. I think people are being a bit demanding. I would ask for gold up front and no refunds. If the work is no good then people will stop asking for commisions

People are always demanding when it comes to commisions, though this is hardly splitting hairs.

Screaming Idiot knows he can do better, he is a pretty good artist. SoG's doesn't even look like it was done by the same person.

I think the problem here was the confusion about how SoG didn't want his emblem on his tabard, I think it threw him off a bit.

Anyway, Screaming Idiot handled himself well responding to the criticism. A+ to you man.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 10:57:21 am by Voso »

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #142 on: November 08, 2014, 11:10:13 am »
+2
I think the problem here was the confusion about how SoG didn't want his emblem on his tabard, I think it threw him off a bit.

Anyway, Screaming Idiot handled himself well responding to the criticism. A+ to you man.

I agree.

On a side note, I always wanted to say (but end up forgetting) that I love your avatar. I have to do a double take every single time I see it, it just looks so close to the real thing. Not to mention it's also pretty hilarious. Props to whoever made it.

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #143 on: November 08, 2014, 11:15:46 am »
+6
I agree.

On a side note, I always wanted to say (but end up forgetting) that I love your avatar. I have to do a double take every single time I see it, it just looks so close to the real thing. Not to mention it's also pretty hilarious. Props to whoever made it.

haha thanks, I made it a while back. I call it, "Archers".

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #144 on: November 08, 2014, 03:08:00 pm »
+3
haha thanks, I made it a while back. I call it, "Archers".
Good to know we inspire fear into the hearts of men.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”

Offline Tojo

• Earl
  • Renown: 490
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
  • Long Live NA_1
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Krems, HoC, Acre, MB, HG, Beserks
  • Game nicks: _Tojo, Drew_Brees, Tijo
« Reply #145 on: November 08, 2014, 06:49:43 pm »
+2
Good to know we inspire annoyance into the hearts of men.

ftfy

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #146 on: November 09, 2014, 12:40:32 am »
+1
Good to know we inspire fear into the hearts of men.

Good to know we inspire annoyance into the hearts of men.

Clearly his avatar is saying "Uuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!" as opposed to "Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!"

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
« Reply #147 on: November 09, 2014, 03:02:17 pm »
+1
It is not fear, but apathy and the sleep of reason. That is what archers instill.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Primo

• Knight
  • Renown: 35
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • non dvcor, dvco
    • View Profile
    • Twitch
  • Faction: Acre, VeraCruz
  • Game nicks: KotSA, Primo, Colleone
« Reply #148 on: November 11, 2014, 06:12:56 am »
Are you still making portraits?

Awaiting your answer

Cheers

Offline Screaming Idiot

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 11, 2014, 01:01:38 pm »
Are you still making portraits?

Awaiting your answer

Cheers

You never sent me a PM, m8.

Also, commissions are closed until I finish the last two pending. Then, I'll start a new thread.