Author Topic: Anti-Druzhina alliance  (Read 17578 times)

Offline ARN_

• Duke
  • Renown: 605
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
  • Game nicks: Kalmarunionen_Arn
Re: Anti-Druzhina alliance
« Reply #225 on: June 16, 2014, 10:45:36 pm »
+1
this "uif wins cuz they cheat. actually they're shitty players" bullshit is the lamest excuses anti-uif ever made. We used this excuse when we were in anti-uif as well. mercs, fallens, templar may have talented individuals but they can't stand against uif in the field. even with the equal terms uif always won. now nordmen has gone and we replace them. an obvious quality decrease but still uif roster can beat any enemies. simple as that
From my experience the non-existing "anti-uif" got the better individuals and 1vs1 fighters but the uif got better group fighters, and in a game of team play group fighting always wins simple as that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
'You think you tell us what we do?'
'We not here for you entertainment'.
Eastern European sportsmanship 2014

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 16, 2014, 11:37:00 pm »
+2
this "uif wins cuz they cheat. actually they're shitty players" bullshit is the lamest excuses anti-uif ever made.

Has someone made that excuse? There are plenty of talented UIF players whom we all respect, but I don't see how anyone can say clans like Nords, Byzantiums and Mercs don't have the best players in the game by average. The average skill level especially within the Druzhina has risen though considerably in the last few months. I do admit, I'm a little partial - not against the UIF - but I'm mostly an EU1 and melee player. I have a hard time respecting cavalry, ranged, 1H+shield and so on, but I know that's just me. Imo this game should be mostly about blocking skill and that's where the "anti-UIF" shines mostly and to me that's the true skill. I've never been anywhere near the level of the best guys in this game, heck I'm nowhere near the best guys in our clan. There are plenty of players I admire in this game, but very few of those are on the UIF side. Partly because they don't speak english and I don't know them, partly because they are far inferior to the "non-UIF" players in 2H/pole skills.

I have no clue how UIF or anti-UIF have played in the previous strat campaigns. I've only played for Kalmar the end of last Strat where we had the UIF rosters, although fighting an UIF ally and now this Strat which was pretty much doomed from the beginning. For me this Strat has looked like Druzhina had no interest in anything but XP battles. Greys on the other hand did. I've spoken to Hetman and I've read on the forums what Harpag thinks and I really don't think this is what these guys wanted. Druzhinas had their eye on the closest enemy from day one. First they took on the Coorporation who were far outnumbered, then they went for the Council of Calradia (Quincy) who were even smaller and after that it was us after we fought our war against the Shogunate and had maybe one full army left. None of those "wars" required any real effort or planning on their side. I'm not saying that's the wrong tactic, clearly they are winning, but it doesn't require much effort and thus doesn't give much in return either.

And back to you Kapikulus. We - or at least me - actually quite like you. You have good players, you have at least some players in your clan that can take a joke and you are a well respected ally according to Grandmom and that's something. But what you have done this Strat just makes me wonder if you made the right choice in the beginning joining the UIF side. You have had no enemies this Strat, no battles and no fun. Isn't that what Strategus is supposed to be about - fun?

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #227 on: June 16, 2014, 11:49:27 pm »
+1
I have to say it . I must... Anti UIF are wankers. Why ? Look at mercs, look at byz, look at Eques, look at every fucking clan not part of UIF, they all got at least one or two very skilled players, but these players never came. Imagine a roster with the best players of this mod against druzhina. Players like chase, teeth, strudog, Steevee, Austriano, Hebai, Witch Bobby, etc... are fucking masterrace players, and there are dozens of people I didn't give name of, but I can tell you, this team would wreck ANY roster, as long as we get enough stuff to equip them. But, things are what they are : no one cares about strat. I'm just looking for XP, and maybe some fun myself, nothing more. I'm like everyone else I'd say, liking fair fights, with different opponents every time, etc ... But the fact there are two huge clans that took over strat because they were active and disciplined, is simply our fault. Retarded battles, diplomatic talks, attacks on friendly caravans, huge afking ... Even if I'm stubborn, druzhina, and grey order won it because they were smarter than us, and maybe also having a bit more active players. I 'm gonna stop giving tears from now, because firstly it's useless, and also, it was all up to us to change that shit and wreck almost everyone on the opposite side. We've been looking for it, we got it, and I also admit the fact I'm a pure egoist wanker, prefering to play alone than helping my own strat faction when we were fucked up.

Now, I just hope, as I said earlier, that Harpag will do what he says.

Offline Thorondor

• Count
  • Renown: 172
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Turks
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Beleg
« Reply #228 on: June 16, 2014, 11:57:52 pm »
+2
Has someone made that excuse?

And back to you Kapikulus. We - or at least me - actually quite like you. You have good players, you have at least some players in your clan that can take a joke and you are a well respected ally according to Grandmom and that's something. But what you have done this Strat just makes me wonder if you made the right choice in the beginning joining the UIF side. You have had no enemies this Strat, no battles and no fun. Isn't that what Strategus is supposed to be about - fun?
yes someone has made that excuse. dave did. when i said anti-uif i didn't mean kalmars. i was referring to previous rounds.

an about us...yes, strategus is about fun. and believe it or not. it has been fun so far. people expected us to turn against uif. why would we do that ? to have fun ? no. its not about winning or loosing. it's my first round as the leader ( ozan took some time off ) and do you know how Nebun has been helping me ? These guys are loyal to each other .thats what anti-uif has always lacked.

Offline Keshian

• King
  • Renown: 1176
  • Infamy: 992
  • cRPG Player
  • Diggity diggity
    • View Profile
  • Faction: FCC (Bridgeburner, Unicorn, Cavalieres, Narwhal)
  • Game nicks: Red-haired bitch from hell
  • IRC nick: Bitch, pleasssse.
« Reply #229 on: June 17, 2014, 12:54:05 am »
yes someone has made that excuse. dave did. when i said anti-uif i didn't mean kalmars. i was referring to previous rounds.

an about us...yes, strategus is about fun. and believe it or not. it has been fun so far. people expected us to turn against uif. why would we do that ? to have fun ? no. its not about winning or loosing. it's my first round as the leader ( ozan took some time off ) and do you know how Nebun has been helping me ? These guys are loyal to each other .thats what anti-uif has always lacked.

People in an alliance are loyal to each other - go figure.  But there was never an anti-uif this strat, just a bunch of mostly new players scattered across the map.  There was no "loyalty" to each other because there was no alliance and no one wanted to waste time on a game making a massive block simply because uif did it again.  Last strat became boring as hell on eu side with a long-term cold war until people against UIF actually quit from boredom and killed off all their troops intentionally (70K+ troops without a single Coalition fief taken by UIF) instead of wasting any more time looking at a strat map on what became a boring mod on eu side -> western europe didn't have the drones that would never grow bored of sitting and doing trade runs with no battles for months on end.

So this strat round - no anti-uif.  What people are saying is not to "turn" on your mega block alliance, but just go independent and be your own person/clan.  The fewer people in one massive block - the more strategy/battles/xp/fun to be had.  We did it volunteerily in NA side after last strat (our alliance was a whole lot smaller but we still dissolved it).  Most alliances slowly form and become bigger over course of strat as wars develop, its pretty lame to have massive alliance before the round even begins.
http://keshoxford.com/  - Where middle-eastern meets red-hot and spicy!

"[Strat 5]... war game my ass, tis more like a popularity contest"  Plumbo

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 17, 2014, 01:10:26 am »
+1

Being loyal makes boring diplomacy - that's the only reason we went against the UIF this Strategus. I don't see your point of view here. I'm sure Nebun has helped you a lot, but was it necessary? You couldn't learn this stuff alone? I did. After all Strategus isn't that hard of a game for anyone interested in the mechanics. The biggest part is the diplomacy ofc, something you guys have done nothing about. When you join UIF, there's no real diplomacy needed. Those guys are rock solid and control most of the map. I'm genuinely interested what so far has been fun for your clan this Strat? You've had close to no battles against any coordinated enemies, you've made multiple mistakes with your fiefs having crime killing off your troops, failing to do effective trading and so on. For me it has seemed that you have been by far the least coordinated UIF faction (not counting Nords here, lol). That doesn't mean you've been bad this Strat, many other clans have made the same mistakes, but they have been punished for them by the Druzhina and the Greys (the brief moment Hetman/Harpag actually gave a shit they did well).

As I said I don't know how things were last Strat or the ones before it. All I know is this one and for me it has been a struggle to understand the end goal of some big players on the map.

Offline GRANDMOM

• Marshall
  • Renown: 920
  • Infamy: 140
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GRANDMOM
« Reply #231 on: June 17, 2014, 01:23:00 am »
To me it seems that most clans have the goal to "not to be defeated" - Like - "come on guys, lets not get defeated or wiped this round"  :rolleyes:

1. How many wars has strat 5 seen? (real wars please with uncertain outcome)
2. How many attacking clans? (I dont mean attacking one trader and running of into the woods - I mean a campaign to actually gain ground or fiefs)

Think it over

We're working on something cooler than a blog.

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #232 on: June 17, 2014, 02:54:35 am »
+3
about loyality:
(click to show/hide)

Offline DaveUKR

• Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 242
  • cRPG Player
  • Small rain lays great dust
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 17, 2014, 08:52:00 am »
+2
I have to say it . I must... Anti UIF are wankers. Why ? Look at mercs, look at byz, look at Eques, look at every fucking clan not part of UIF, they all got at least one or two very skilled players, but these players never came. Imagine a roster with the best players of this mod against druzhina. Players like chase, teeth, strudog, Steevee, Austriano, Hebai, Witch Bobby, etc... are fucking masterrace players, and there are dozens of people I didn't give name of, but I can tell you, this team would wreck ANY roster, as long as we get enough stuff to equip them. But, things are what they are : no one cares about strat. I'm just looking for XP, and maybe some fun myself, nothing more. I'm like everyone else I'd say, liking fair fights, with different opponents every time, etc ... But the fact there are two huge clans that took over strat because they were active and disciplined, is simply our fault. Retarded battles, diplomatic talks, attacks on friendly caravans, huge afking ... Even if I'm stubborn, druzhina, and grey order won it because they were smarter than us, and maybe also having a bit more active players. I 'm gonna stop giving tears from now, because firstly it's useless, and also, it was all up to us to change that shit and wreck almost everyone on the opposite side. We've been looking for it, we got it, and I also admit the fact I'm a pure egoist wanker, prefering to play alone than helping my own strat faction when we were fucked up.

Now, I just hope, as I said earlier, that Harpag will do what he says.

This what we (Mercs) wanted to do: make a new force of Mercs, Byz and Nords. But Byz refused to play strat and Nords were like "okay, we're interested" and in the end they joined UIF because of reasons. People just got fed by this shit and refused to put an effort in strat so it's not their fault that they're not motivated to play the same shit over and over again. You probably didn't play Strat1/2/3 actively so you have nothing to compare with. Strat 2 was probably the most interesting as it was less buggy than the first one and people had at least some skills in Strat and were also motivated. Strat 3 was the same shit as 4 but just with a little bit more of active players.

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #234 on: June 17, 2014, 09:33:33 am »
...templar ...

Templars actually did almost nothing this strat. Why? Because only like 5 of us were doing anything on map.

... but they can't stand against uif in the field. even with the equal terms uif always won.
sorry but not :)
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=244
I remember that battle, equal teams with equal eqiupment (i killed a lot there because i killed one of drz archers and stole his horn bow, rest were quite easy for me).
 I also have to admire that DRZ and few archers from Grey and kapikulu are really good, at least half of them are equal skilled as I am or better, but thanks of them I became a good archer (special thanks to Nebun and Bagge, and for sniper x-bow Segd :D)
Archer forever :D

Offline Thorondor

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 17, 2014, 10:26:28 am »
Being loyal makes boring diplomacy - that's the only reason we went against the UIF this Strategus. I don't see your point of view here. I'm sure Nebun has helped you a lot, but was it necessary? You couldn't learn this stuff alone? I did. After all Strategus isn't that hard of a game for anyone interested in the mechanics. The biggest part is the diplomacy ofc, something you guys have done nothing about. When you join UIF, there's no real diplomacy needed. Those guys are rock solid and control most of the map. I'm genuinely interested what so far has been fun for your clan this Strat? You've had close to no battles against any coordinated enemies, you've made multiple mistakes with your fiefs having crime killing off your troops, failing to do effective trading and so on. For me it has seemed that you have been by far the least coordinated UIF faction (not counting Nords here, lol). That doesn't mean you've been bad this Strat, many other clans have made the same mistakes, but they have been punished for them by the Druzhina and the Greys (the brief moment Hetman/Harpag actually gave a shit they did well).

As I said I don't know how things were last Strat or the ones before it. All I know is this one and for me it has been a struggle to understand the end goal of some big players on the map.
its not our fault that we had no enemies. we wiped seljuks so i got that :D. about the fail trade ; i respectfully disagree. and its not my fault that some geniuses still dont know to not ente a village with high crime rate.
r
I wasnt vulnerable to nebuns help. What I'm trying to say is his friendship. you don't know about the past so let me tell you. Disloyalty, disrespection, retardness of the anti-uif ( NOT YOU, FUCKIN PAST ) is the main reason where we are now.

Templars actually did almost nothing this strat. Why? Because only like 5 of us were doing anything on map.
http://c-rpg.net/index.php?page=strategusbattlesarchive#!?page=strategusinfobattledetail&id=244
I remember that battle, equal teams with equal eqiupment (i killed a lot there because i killed one of drz archers and stole his horn bow, rest were quite easy for me).
 I also have to admire that DRZ and few archers from Grey and kapikulu are really good, at least half of them are equal skilled as I am or better, but thanks of them I became a good archer (special thanks to Nebun and Bagge, and for sniper x-bow Segd :D)
one battle means nothing

I was once in anti-uif. I fought beside great players like muffin, tyr, zeroboti dieler etc. guess what? we constantly lost.

@Heskey   I never insult your efforts, or you. Before this round started I spend most of my time in kalmar ts. I still see them as my friends. All my bitching is past round but kalmars keep trying to explain stuff to me i dont know why :D

Offline Dark_Blade

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Dark_Blade, Fallen_Templar_the_Grey, Jeric_Whistlebone
« Reply #236 on: June 17, 2014, 10:42:43 am »

01.03.14 o_O was it when GO had the worst equipment from any strat faction because those greedy polaks wasnt buying any fine equipment for their armies. at the start of this strat every our battle were the pain in the ass because even neutral villages had like twice better equip... well their armor still was low and weapons still was lootable xD
even if i am wrong(for some reason i am sure that i am not) you should keep doing like you did there. sadly even on previos strat you failed at it even with equal equip(i mean field battles, not sieges).

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #237 on: June 17, 2014, 11:47:35 am »
+1
01.03.14 o_O was it when GO had the worst equipment from any strat faction because those greedy polaks wasnt buying any fine equipment for their armies. at the start of this strat every our battle were the pain in the ass because even neutral villages had like twice better equip... well their armor still was low and weapons still was lootable xD
even if i am wrong(for some reason i am sure that i am not) you should keep doing like you did there. sadly even on previos strat you failed at it even with equal equip(i mean field battles, not sieges).
On that battle we had similar equipment, and your ranged had better bows (that's why i stole one from you  :twisted:)

That was actually only one open field battle I participated (school, trainings ect.)

I also have no idea why everyone is reminding old strat round QQ all the time, instead of trying to have fun&xp during this one. I'm sure that fraction have resources to make at least strat battles for fun without measuring them with e-peen.

I like that DRZ at least are trying to have something from this strat.
Archer forever :D

Offline Thorondor

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 17, 2014, 11:52:37 am »

I also have no idea why everyone is reminding old strat round QQ all the time, instead of trying to have fun&xp during this one. I'm sure that fraction have resources to make at least strat battles for fun without measuring them with e-peen.

I like that DRZ at least are trying to have something from this strat.
cuz drama is all strat is about and some people dont like exp battles. ( i don't ) . still we'll do exp battles and kapikulu friends are always welcome

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 17, 2014, 12:18:22 pm »
+1
its not our fault that we had no enemies. we wiped seljuks so i got that :D.

Not having enemies was your decision. You guys even attacked one of our traders in the beginning, but gave the goods back because you didn't want war with us. Not saying you were scared, ofcourse not, but because you knew that we were in an impossible position anyway. Seljuks were wiped mostly due to zero roster support if I'm not mistaken. Also their gear was probably inferior because they started doing economy so late in the game.

about the fail trade ; i respectfully disagree. and its not my fault that some geniuses still dont know to not ente a village with high crime rate.

All I'm saying you have made mistakes as have many other clans this Strategus. You just haven't been punished for them because you had no enemies on the map. Also what we find most fun in strategus is planning attacks. We planned many many attacks even though at times it looked like Führer (autocorrect won't allow his name) moving those ghost armies on the map. We lacked the pieces to play the game with. Even this Strat we had a plan for a coordinated attack on Ruluns to steal Hetman's troops. We couldn't make it work of course - but it was fun to plan :lol: I'm sure you guys would find a lot to learn in an actual war campaign - something which no one can sadly do on the EU map any more.

Disloyalty, disrespection, retardness of the anti-uif ( NOT YOU, FUCKIN PAST ) is the main reason where we are now.

The disrespect you guys get from some clans or should I say some players in some clans is unfortunate. Mostly all the TK talk is just poking fun at you though and you have to take be able to take a joke and most your guys can (I lolled at the 5on5 team name). There's a difference between trash talk and disrespect. You could have been neutral though of course. Try to form a third block on the map, it might have actually worked, who knows.

I was once in anti-uif. I fought beside great players like muffin, tyr, zeroboti dieler etc. guess what? we constantly lost.
Still I remember Grey Order taking no actual castles or cities from the Coalition or even Mercs. The rosters were strong enough to at least stop the enemy at the walls. Right now the anti-UIF can't even defend the best strategic positions due to lack of roster support.

All my bitching is past round but kalmars keep trying to explain stuff to me i dont know why :D

Well it's mostly just me, not the Kalmar's in general. However for me the Kapikulu position for this Strat was the most surprising. We knew GO and DRZ wouldn't separate, we knew Nords would do nothing the whole Strat, but we thought there's a good chance we repaired some of the damage some previous anti-UIF factions had done in the past and you'd join our cause. It was a big surprise for me personally when you openly went to the UIF side months before Strategus even started. That basically decided what was going to happen - three biggest factions on one side, supported - as we thought - by the Shogunate.