Author Topic: Anti-Druzhina alliance  (Read 17422 times)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-Druzhina alliance
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2014, 08:34:00 pm »
How did I insult your country? I just poked at a national stereotype of yours, the French being known for cowardice.

Cowardice is an insult  :P

Look at the fucking map and see with whom we are sharing borders.

This would be a sound analogy if you had just began to try to get your hand on your first castle/city right today.
North-east managed to get most AI fiefs under control while the north-west, the center, and the east was invaded by UIF. If they had invaded in a different order things would have been very different.
The strategus world is one big chain of events!

What is true now, and what many people still dont "believe in", is that we finally have non-UIF empires ready to deal with massive invasions on their own: massive battles incoming...

I hope they geared the fiefs accordingly though  :)  50% of a victory in strategus is from logistic.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 08:41:26 pm by Butan »

Offline woody

• Earl
  • Renown: 407
  • Infamy: 138
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Woody, Weebo, Wreky
« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2014, 02:08:09 am »
It was simply too many rounds with the same people.

Same alliances, same people disliking each other etc. Everything became entrenched and just reruns of previous betrayals etc. Payback in strat 4 for stuff in strat 2, how silly. Its just a game.

Offline Tovi

• Earl
  • Renown: 387
  • Infamy: 251
    • View Profile
  • Faction: OdE
  • Game nicks: KrisTovi
« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2014, 08:14:03 am »
+3
How did I insult your country? I just poked at a national stereotype of yours, the French being known for cowardice.

I did not directly insult your clan I just stated that I`m shocked how underwhelming your perfomance in this strat round is.

Coorporation got wiped at the very beginning of Strat. Do you see us whining on the forums that everyone is gay for not helping us? No you don`t.
And no it`s not about sharing borders. Look at the fucking map and see with whom we are sharing borders.

In fact no. France is know for is courage. You are talking about W.Bush propaganda bullshit. French knights were known to charge blindly in english archery, or called "Furia Frencese" in Italy. Napoleon soldiers were feared to their  charging/close combat tactic, and during WW1 we 've lost thousands of men by charging enemy in open field.
Only stupid bushists talk about french cowardness, but they forget than without France they may have the english Queen on their dollar instead of Washington's face.

You can say we are stupid, but you can't say we are coward.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Sandersson Jankins

• King
  • Renown: 1450
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CSA Apologists
  • Game nicks: fnord
  • IRC nick: "There's always a bigger nerd"- Qui-Gong Jim, Star Trek IV: Electric Boogalo
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2014, 08:23:04 am »
In fact no. France is know for is courage. You are talking about W.Bush propaganda bullshit. French knights were known to charge blindly in english archery, or called "Furia Frencese" in Italy. Napoleon soldiers were feared to their  charging/close combat tactic, and during WW1 we 've lost thousands of men by charging enemy in open field.
Only stupid bushists talk about french cowardness, but they forget than without France they may have the english Queen on their dollar instead of Washington's face.

You can say we are stupid, but you can't say we are coward.

Yeah, so despite your performance in any conflict besides World War II, the failure of the Maginot Line and the fact that nearly every major clash in WWI was fought upon your soil, absolutely wrecking your economy and destroying the inhabitants' desire to fight has apparently sealed France's fate as being remembered as cowards that wave the white flag at every opportunity presented to them.

Which is pretty fucking stupid, and this is coming from an Amerifat.

Sorry for all that.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

the administrator of this forum is the Internet Keyboard man? Can only play "authority" in the virtual world?Can you tell me why?

Offline Kalitorian

• Count
  • Renown: 164
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: Kalitorian, Lerikalian, Torilerian
« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2014, 01:02:42 pm »
Every country has a history of mindless bravery. The French can thank the Americans for the stereotype of cowardice.
We all are being judged for where we are from. The French are being mocked when they retreat/surrender, the Germans are called chocolate chip cookies when they show some Patriotism and ofc all the "Poland stole my car" jokes.

Offline Algarn

• King
  • Renown: 1230
  • Infamy: 268
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Algarn, Jorick
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2014, 01:14:53 pm »
Instead of all the off topic with steteotypes/clichés/bragging, what about coming back to the topic ?  :rolleyes:

Offline Mongolista

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy
  • Game nicks: Guardian_Bethrezen, Quincy_Mongo
  • IRC nick: Bethrezen
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2014, 01:44:33 pm »
If you do manage to mysteriously get full rosters now, it really is a bit of an insult to the factions who tried to fight them before and never got rosters

this ^

Expecting the people that needed your help when UIF was knocking on their door to help you now just because you have the common enemy is a mockery in their faces. I have seen several Nords and Fallens even joining UIF sides during the Kalmar battles when Kalmars had less people in the roster. Laughing at OdEs for rejecting any diplomacy or invitations to alliances and getting steam-rolled by GO after not getting their rosters full while you ignore the alliances fighting UIF until the point you gotta face them makes you not only a coward but also a hypocrite. Enjoy defending your villages, if you had helped us before you coud've had much more ppl on strat on your side now, if you had helped us this war could've resulted in our victory, you're alone now, enjoy the 60-70 very active defenders while it lasts because Id pretty much bet these reliable players will not be there 24/7 and some of them will even give up after weeks and weeks of 2h battles everyday where you obviously stand no chance, because it's the battle of economy and you're surrounded by enemies.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kalitorian

• Count
  • Renown: 164
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmarunionen
  • Game nicks: Kalitorian, Lerikalian, Torilerian
« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2014, 03:11:03 pm »
The Coorporation was on Kalmars side from the beginning. We provided roster support and we even joined their attack on DRZ.
From the first second of this Strat the Coorp was anti-UIF and we did our best to support most anti-UIF efforts.
Also you are missing the point once again. OdE had a full roster. Look it up in the battle archive.

Offline Mr.K.

• Earl
  • Renown: 474
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kalmar Union
« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2014, 04:31:29 pm »
+1
Getting a full roster isn't everything. We had the UIF rosters last strat which meant that at times we had lvl35 guys outside a full roster and the average level was 34. This strat going against the UIF we could barely muster a full roster by accepting lvl twenty-somethings the average being somewhere around 28. And that's just the levels, then there's the quality of the playerbase. The most experienced and skilled players were either not playing strategus or were playing it on the UIF side. This includes the Nords and the Fallens which Mongolista already mentioned. Clans like Eques never gave us roster support in numbers, neither did the OdE or any other of the big northern clans. That was a huge problem for us and meant we lost even the battles we were supposed to win easily.

And yes, the Bros and Barabes helped us and we are thankful for that. There were tons of other clans that did nothing though and you'll probably see this happen on this new northern alliance as well. I hope it won't because at least that way you might have a few nice battles before the UIF grinds you down with superior economy.

Offline Mongolista

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2014, 05:29:01 pm »
+1
dont worry Kali I wasnt talking to you, I was talking to Butan, I know you guys did the best you could to support us, but there are others who didnt, who now claim they got enough people and resources to tackle UIF off and Im asking why do they appear now when the threat is at their door and not two months ago when we were in their situation. Pretty selfish move if you ask me.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2014, 05:41:51 pm »
A roster has always been a fickle thing, there is so many parameters that you can only wonder Bethrezen, noone can answer you truthfully.

Offline Mongolista

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2014, 05:49:00 pm »
+1
A roster has always been a fickle thing, there is so many parameters that you can only wonder Bethrezen, noone can answer you truthfully.

Yet somehow you can promise to have them full in the future, seems like its more fickle for some than for the others ;) Im glad the rest of the North finally realized they need to work together, its just the way you guys had to learn that makes me sad.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2014, 08:05:07 pm »
I dont promise, I saw them, I was in the battles! You only have to go into the archives and look the roster the north can support.

Except if they magically disappear in the future (you never know, it is indeed fickle!) for whatever reasons there is a strong potential for cool battles ahead!

Offline Mongolista

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2014, 09:12:35 pm »
I know Im getting annoying with this, but again there already was a strong potential for cool battles and only a small amount of people took the chance to participate in them. I hope youre right and something has changed and all those players who forgot to participate in earlier wars are gonna show up now (or already did) and will finally balance the odds. You may be right, I havent been playing strat in the last two months so I cannot say whether there has been any rise in anti-UIF players. Nonetheless there is nothing that will justify these people in the eyes of those who needed their help, yet they had better things to do and suddenly when its their fiefs at the risk they can show up and defend their territory.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Butan

• King
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2014, 10:16:58 pm »
Whats also important is 99% of the players dont care about politics, they only care about the XP, the gear and their winning chance.
The closest thing to a "roster control" we have on strategus is the leadership of players who encourage, discipline and give a purpose to everyone.
There is also the overall diplomacy: either personal relationships or roster alliances.

A combination of luck, numbers and loyalty.

If those who played aggressively with the Kalmar Union at the beginning of strat 5 felt betrayed by lack of support, there is a strong chance they will return the favor and that is perfectly normal.
It is already happening, I see almost no Kalmar Union, nor Council of Calradia, nor others who were there (sorry if I dont mention your faction) in the recent battles.

Lots of those people stopped playing strat, especially those who invested their utmost in the initial bid for destruction of the UIF by frontal attacks.
Without them, the world continue to live. Without them, the non-UIF is still large enough to provide the common man with XP, gear and winning chance.
If they were to come back, either on the map or in the battles or both, not only we would have a more balanced map, but there would be a stronger chance that the tide can be turned.

Its up to all of us, if we want something bad you just have to do it yourself and be a part of this world.
Strategus has a lot of life like elements and its one of them.