Author Topic: add knockouts  (Read 1131 times)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
Re: add knockouts
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 06:32:11 pm »
Mount and blade grabbed me for its simple gameplay. I'm not a fan of the nudges or shield bash, way to glitchy and takes out anytpe of strategic fun. Shields walls are useless because of them, I never understood kicking  when holding your shield up either or in heavy plate, but I can see its place in the fame. The old kick good except for the blocking while on one leg

Like this?

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 06:55:47 pm »
I have a guilty confession, I've still never once rolled  :oops:

You can get some practice with Fin on Eu_1. Totally legit.

Another guilty confession : i have no idea where i'm suppose to configure the nudge key. So i take pride in not using it.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 06:57:17 pm »
I can see any variety in battle is not desired by the rigid playerbase. I guess no one else gets bored doing the same melee swing/block fest over and over. Most players would also like to play the same map over and over if they could that they have memorized so they can max out their k/d r. Boring. Is an occasional very small chance at KO really going to disrupt your game that much? Apparently. Ah well, no new ideas to make the game more interesting are wanted. I will remember so as to not suggest any anymore.

It's not so much that we don't want new ideas, it is that for many players, being KOed at the start of a 5 minute round after getting hit once will simply make the game far less fun and as you said, much more
Boring.

Getting headshot or couched right off the bat generally happens because you were not on your A game and not paying attention to your surroundings, and are in most cases avoidable. Having this feature, however small a chance to occur it may have, would make you have a really bad time. Say you charge into battle, you've weaved in and out of archer fire and cavalry the whole way up to the enemy lines, still have all your health, you're ready to get into the fray... then you get bopped on the back of the head and are down in one hit. Time to wait another 5 minutes to spawn again...

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Johammeth

• King
  • Renown: 1077
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ConnectiKUTT
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 07:38:24 pm »
+1
The roll looks kind of dumb.  I have a hard time bringing myself to do it.  Looking like a little horizontal cyclone there on the ground...it's just...silly.

Just wait until you train your doubletap D "roll" instincts to include a 360 spin on the mouse.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 07:48:37 pm »