Author Topic: Throwing needs a serius buff <-----------------------------  (Read 11674 times)

Offline oreshy

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Braxli
Re: Throwing needs a serius buff <-----------------------------
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2014, 02:09:51 pm »
+1
siktir git amk.
I have a throwing alt,if you find it underpowered , its either you fucked up your build or you got a fucked up brain.
This shit is retardedly unrealistic I shot a guy at flag from fucking siege tower with a damn jarid.

What did you expect carrying 50 throwing lances ?
Throwing is not a fucking "ranged" class.
Never supposed to be.

It's either low-range skirmisher class or infantry with an option to throw shit at enemy before the charge.

You base your suggestion to comparison of throwing and archery ...
Thats just sad.

..so much mental trash , sry ..it was a must type.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • Renown: 586
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Duke
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2014, 02:27:00 pm »
I don't like the idea of buffing throwing. On the other hand I kind of see your point: variety of classes is good for everyone.

While I wouldn't agree on damage buff, perhaps increasing a bit the stack count of each throwing weapons wouldn't be that bad I guess.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2014, 06:12:31 pm »
I would like to see an ammo increase or dmg increase.

But the best buff, would be a missile speed buff along with ammo.
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2014, 07:17:15 pm »

Yeah sorry man,i was mad at some real life shit. I see now that it affected my posts lol.
Anyway aside from constant rage and curse, i still agree with my points.
It doesn't need a buff.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2014, 07:34:35 pm »
Go play call of duty and fuckoff

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2014, 07:43:03 pm »

(click to show/hide)
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Corsair831

• King
  • Renown: 1168
  • Infamy: 616
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2014, 08:26:16 pm »
+2
Well it was a really big nerf after all.

With my 15/24 (27) throwing build i used to have a positive kd ratio all the time. I was able to deal more damage by throwing my axes than if i'd swing them.

After the patch it was just... yeah. At first i was happy cus of more ammo, but when i realized on eu1 that the damage was somehow weirdish, i did a damage test on eu3.

A dude with a mail-hauberk took 8 axes without his hp being below 1/3... (heavy throwing axes +3).

And after that i (for the last time) decided i'd rather use a class with working weapons.

Really a shame tho that after 16 gens of throwing im a 2h now... never thought this would happen. But throwing is just useless (except for trolling builds) atm.

my throwing/ shielder 1h build 18/18 level 30 +3 throwing axes i regularly get 2+ kdr, BUT, i only throw at lightly armoured guys, there's literally no point whatsoever in throwing at the average 2h / pole (by now the majority of half decent players are well over 60 body armour)

i think it's ridiculous that you need to spend both points for power throw and points for weapon master to have any chance at doing damage with throwing weapons, they should eliminate power throw altogether and have it directly tied to WPF like most melee skills

make a high curve so that someone at 10 wpf does practically no damage whilst someone with 200 wpf does the same as 10 PT now
I 10/10'd cRPG on moddb.com!

Do your bit for our community and write a 10/10 review for cRPG on http://www.moddb.com/mods/crpg !

Offline oreshy

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 30
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Braxli
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2014, 08:27:14 pm »

...such an' old quote & bad comparison , i'm always discrepant if i should cry or laugh about that.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2014, 10:46:33 pm »
I would like more options with throwing especially while playing dtv as there are so many bots yet so few options for useful throwing. Like jarids and throwing lances, what's the point of using those really in dtv. Throwing spears are the only sensible choice in that tier.

Offline Veniathan

• Count
  • Renown: 213
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
  • Hey nigga your lance is 10 meter long or something
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
  • Faction: Kievan Rus
  • Game nicks: Zvonimir_of_Rus
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2014, 12:23:05 am »
I agree with the suggestion and I'm not even a thrower.

Every time I get hit by thrower to head (with a mail coif on) and survive I wonder how those people continue to play without ragequtting. Nice comics too, but don't expect any good answers

90% of the community are 2h macro chamber basement elites. When they're not busy of exploiting the game and insulting players that can't block perfectly, they're on here busy exploiting the forum and insulting players that can't block perfectly.
I duel 1vs1 horse vs horse. Dude have nigga long lance that have 10 metres long or something.

Many time i can see as people use this script where horse just standing on 2 feets and does "yhohohohoh".

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2014, 01:55:59 am »
I miss Fin one-shoting my stationary champ large warhorse with 5 pt and HTA.
I miss Mendro one-shoting me with Jarids or HTA.

(click to show/hide)

While charging a thrower as cav should be deadly, having a heavy horse one-shot while standing still by a cut throwing weapon was too much. I've not yet encountered much problem getting kills on my thrower, which I've been playing a bit lately, but I'll activate the balancer's tool to check how the damage is. Rather busy in the near future, but I'll try and compare it to bow and xbow damage when I have time.

Some changes to cut throwing weapons have already been suggested though, so we'll see.

(click to show/hide)

Gonna test more later, but some sort of buff on cut throwing weapons would be a step in the right direction. It's a bit underwhelming now, picking HTA over Jarids is not a good choice.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 02:40:10 am by Gurnisson »
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Mendro

• Count
  • Renown: 236
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2014, 11:43:53 am »
+5
As STR thrower (30/15) I can tell you the probleme it' not just for agi thrower.

Before patch :

High damage, cav hunter and good cover for my teammates, no possibility to outrun people, trying to find my lost jarid in the field,still a part of random in my accuracy (and I have no problem with this cause I'm thrower and not archer)

After patch :

High damage I should throw arrow, will be more effective, cav hunter and good cover for my teammates Cav don't give a fuck now, no possibility to outrun people, trying to find losts jarid on the field, still a part of random in my accuracy (and I have no problem with this cause I'm thrower and not archer)

HTA or jarids it's the same shit.
Reducing jarids damage by 3 it's too much. I need 3 jarids to kill a guy in classic armor now, I don't even try for plated guys.
Don't forget it's 9 or 12 ammo and so far from a 100% accuracy.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2014, 11:52:12 am »
Its better to have some ranged potential than none at all when your class performs nearly the same in melee range as a pure melee player. A bit of extra melee WPF or a few more shield points is worthless compared to having actual ranged ability. The armour requirement is pretty BS too, since light/medium armour is often better anyway

I'm talking about hybrids here..pure of anything can't really be balanced when you have such good hybrid potential

From a balance perspective ranged already have way too much melee potential. If you have some melee ability already then theres no reason not to have a ranged/melee character atm.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 11:56:04 am by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Afina

• Earl
  • Renown: 316
  • Infamy: 135
  • cRPG Player
  • «This is where we fight, this is where they die!!»
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Other
  • Game nicks: Afina
  • IRC nick: Afina
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2014, 12:52:40 pm »
Yes that is all, more dmg more ammo.

Cause? Cause throwing is shit.

1. Lowest ammo count in the game, compared to the other ranged classes the ammo is a complete fucking joke in weight comparison / Check

2. Complete crap accuracy / Check

3. Dmg is a joke due to the low ammo, you carry a shit ton of weight to maybe kill 1 or 2 players with your entire stack of +3 throwing weapons / Check

4. Crap range, due to missile speed / Check

Throwing in general is just a class for shit n gigles an byzantium spartan roleplay events or strongman troll thrower builds.

Make throwing a decent viable class, thinking how old this mod is, its about time thx.

/End

EDIT: Love how the horde of 2h´s pole´s Cav´s are misusing me for showing up a case of crappy balance.....
Fuck this biased piece of shit forum....
Here is a little bit of throwing history thx to cheap shot

WTF fucking comics :D :D :D make and add this  video
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 01:10:35 pm by Afina »
Madness…? This is Sparta!

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2014, 01:02:15 pm »
Lol nice comic. It even made sense when I read it the second time from left to right :lol:

(click to show/hide)
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV