Author Topic: Scimitar is a crap weapon and it offers no advantage whatsoever  (Read 1216 times)

Offline Yazid

• tEh eNl1gTh3N3d!1!!
  • Baron
  • Renown: 99
  • Infamy: 52
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Scimitar is a crap weapon and it offers no advantage whatsoever
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2014, 04:16:26 pm »
I've grown to use it a bit more but honestly, it can't hit anything left swing unless its point blank, it's range is literally no different from the liuyedao in this respect even if the numbers are different, I still think liuyedao and niuweidao Chinese weapons are better balanced than the glancitar.. Just from personal use of the weapon its kinda gimp.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2014, 04:48:50 pm »
The scimitar is better than the elite scimi. The only disadvantages are 1c, 3 length and 0.1 weight. Just that for one more speed and a much, much more confusing model at 5/8 of the price.

I'd say the liuweidao and niuweidao are even better due to ridiculous speed and better damage for people that are good enough to manage playing with short weapons. I personally would take the niuweidao over the liuweidao because at 1.2 weight the blockstuns of the liuweidao can become a real problem.

Offline Rico

• King
  • Renown: 1021
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rico, Mila
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2014, 05:01:53 pm »
+1
I'd say the liuweidao and niuweidao are even better due to ridiculous speed and better damage for people that are good enough to manage playing with short weapons agiwhores in light armor.

Fixed that for you.

(click to show/hide)
Streaming cRPG, Supreme Commander and Age of Empires II on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/HeavenTV

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2014, 05:42:42 pm »
Fixed that for you.

(click to show/hide)

Trust me, some people are just bad at footwork, which would in this case be more accurately denoted as "two peacocks during mating season". So yeah, some people are bad at peacock mating season.

The usual tradeoff between long and short weapons is that shorter means faster hence easier to hit exactly when you want to, at the cost of reach. Longer weapons are better all around but also better if you use predicting skills more than reacting skills, short weapons being the other way around.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2014, 06:41:37 pm »
+1
Swing sweetspots are all about facing your opponent. If you're glancing, he was too much to your side at the time it hit.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2014, 08:30:37 pm »
+1
In theory
You could reskin the scimitar to be a five foot thick twenty foot long gigantic purple penis and it would have the same skeleton. You could delete the skin and have a completely invisible skeleton for the scimitar and it would still act the same.

This is not real life, not even remotely, this is a computer program. The physics, animations, visuals and skeletons are all completely unrelated. The only reason why we even have skins is so you (the user) can see what the hell is going on. The game would technically (not practically) function 100% the same without skins and everything being invisible.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2014, 09:06:59 am »
+1
You could reskin the scimitar to be a five foot thick twenty foot long gigantic purple penis[...]
Saints Row much? :D
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline dreadnok

• Marshall
  • Renown: 838
  • Infamy: 562
  • cRPG Player
  • fuck these jerkoff kids
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KBW<MB<SoW
  • Game nicks: Gorp_The_Gorger
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2014, 07:35:38 pm »
+1
How exactly did you come to the conclusion that the curve is what makes the weapon glance?

Now it WILL glance for sure next patch
visitors can't see pics , please register or login