Author Topic: Meanwhile in USA  (Read 61007 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2302
  • Infamy: 951
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Law enforcement in America.
« Reply #225 on: April 11, 2014, 04:26:09 pm »
+2
Why should be discussing handguns when cops in video are using M4A1?

Offline Ginosaji

• Baron
  • Renown: 81
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kukurutz, Whale_of_pure_Harmony, Topfentascherl, TRAFFIC_LIGHT
« Reply #226 on: April 11, 2014, 04:29:05 pm »
I didn't read the whole thread, so maybe I'm just repeating what some other guy already said..

Now try doing that in an intense situation while someone is charging at you with a knife (also knives can be thrown).

Even Austrian policemen manage to kill an attacker with a knife... And even Austrian policemen are equiped with vests that protect them from being stabbed.
Here's a story for example: http://wien.orf.at/news/stories/2587621/
Short translation: 8 policemen fired 20 shots at a man armed with a knife at close range.

Such things happen quite often here (I can remember 4 cases in the last few years), the difference is that it's always a big topic and most people find it very disturbing.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #227 on: April 11, 2014, 05:35:17 pm »
+1
I agree...but people were talking hand guns.  I've already said the cops were not in danger when the man in the original video turned around and was trying to escape.  They had no reason to shoot him in the back with long rifles.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 11, 2014, 07:30:06 pm »
I will rephrase : even down the sight and fingers on the trigger, if you wait for the guy to move before shooting, your whole body totally relaxed and focused on doing that perfect non-lethal leg shot combo break 360° no scope, it will still translate into the guy being able to move a few meters before you are able to touch the trigger in reaction, and then you still have to actually hit the target,  and hit him bad enough to drop him before he slits your throat.
Have you actually trained this? It sounds like you haven't.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 11, 2014, 11:47:11 pm »
+3

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 1630
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 12, 2014, 12:18:54 am »
+4
Common sense has nothing to do with gun control.

The gun owner has committed no crime by exercising his natural right to be armed.

Actually NO! only a deep desire to Destroy the Constitution and the Rule of Law

and WHAT ARE YOU?////////// I am an American .. and WHAT ARE YOU????? I did not vote for the Current FASCIST REGIME. AND WHO DID YOU VOTE FOR???????///// I served in the US MIlitary and YOU???????????????/// I SWORE allegiance and to DEFEND the Constitution.. and YOU???????.

Brand 'em right in the middle of the forehead. ANy illegal found in this country with evidence of surgery to remove the brand is subject to summary execution. If they want to live here, do so legally.

The summary execution is a little harsh, but you have the right idea. We need to do the same thing to people who cheat at the polls.

I've often thought that these illegals need to be microchipped like they do dogs so once they are deported and try to come back, they will set off alarms.

Those, this idiot would rather arm. The entire government these days is about doing the opposite of what the Constitution says, and what common sense dictates.

Obama didn't get the Lar-of-the-Year award for having honor....and holder is just a whiney racist...those mean white people.

The ONLY of gun control to which I subscribe is this: I keep a firm and steady hand on my gun.

Gun control should involve four things: a two handed grip, frontsight, frontsight, and squeeze.

Don't forget: hit what you aim at.

leaving only one witness, that is you!

Ever compare how many black children are killed compared to white? I haven't because I don't care but really can't understand when I see blacks in the projects say I knew He was going to be killed....why they don't get off the couch & raise their children instead of jerking them up!

Christians and Jews, lets face it this admin is for Muslims and atheists, Exclusively.

Are you kidding? Jews love gun control. Look at the USSR. They had some real fun there. Marx, Lenin, Trotsky, Yurovsky the list goes on and on.

Gun control is Communist policy NOT Nationalist. You have the two mixed up.

Panos went to USA and multiplied?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 12:35:57 am by Leshma »

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #232 on: April 12, 2014, 12:22:27 am »
+3
That comment section

(click to show/hide)

Was a perfect combination for a little snack.

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #233 on: April 12, 2014, 08:45:41 am »
+3
The real funny thing to me, personally, is how the 2nd amendment continues to be painted as some sort of barrier to government power, when it quite clearly isn't. But that's why you have morons holding self-contradictory statements, like "2nd amendment is used to protect against government!" and "This country is a fascist hivemind of opression!". Oh, so you mean the power granted to individuals in having weapons was OBVIOUSLY not a barrier to government expansion at all. The Fed apparently already does whatever the fuck it wants, having 300+ pound hambeasts masturbate to their assault rifles isn't something it fears at all, despite what those hambeasts keep saying to themselves.

I tend to side with those who approach it more as a right to personal safety from other individuals who may be criminals, in that police protection isn't perfect and always available at the drop of a hat. Especially in isolated rural areas, which in the US is the vast majority of the sparsely populated territory, and also tends to explain the difference between "red" and "blue" states on this issue. In a densely populated city, the nearest police patrol is usually not that far off, and proliferation of firearms creates more crime than it ever prevents. Whereas in sparsely populated areas the exact opposite is true.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #234 on: April 12, 2014, 01:03:12 pm »
+2

I tend to side with those who approach it more as a right to personal safety from other individuals who may be criminals, in that police protection isn't perfect and always available at the drop of a hat. Especially in isolated rural areas, which in the US is the vast majority of the sparsely populated territory, and also tends to explain the difference between "red" and "blue" states on this issue. In a densely populated city, the nearest police patrol is usually not that far off, and proliferation of firearms creates more crime than it ever prevents. Whereas in sparsely populated areas the exact opposite is true.

I can agree with the statements about rural areas and lack of immidiate protection from law enforcement. But the problem is 2nd ammendment grants same rights to people living in urban areas as to people living in rural areas. More people=more guns=more problems, if the Wiki is to be trusted 250 million people in US live in urban areas covering 3% of the land, three quarters of the population is densly concentrated around big urban hubs and thats where gun related violence shines. Chicago had 416 murders last year, 516 the year befoe, that to me is frightening. Not sure allowing more people to carry guns for self protection could help the situation, quite the contrary.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 01:13:23 pm by Prpavi »
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #235 on: April 12, 2014, 01:35:48 pm »
+2
Yeah, but then you look at how the electoral process is set up in the US, it is not based on proportional representation. Sparsely populated states have disproportionate voting power when compared to densely populated ones. But try to get most americans to agree that the electoral college is a fucking farce and they usually come back with something like "but, but mah founding fathers!!1!", as if they were some sort of godlike beings descended from heaven to deliver finely tuned justice and democracy.

Tbf, there is a lot of criticism of the electoral system too, although unsurprisingly from the "liberal" side of the two party system, because proportional representation would benefit them politically.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 12, 2014, 02:57:26 pm »
+2
I'm not well informed about the US electoral process, could you just give me the tl;dr version. Also concerinig the red and the blue states (Republican) are in the centre of the country and south while blue ones are along the coastline or am I mistaken, is that the problems you are reffering to the republican more conservative states with lower pop. dictating the elections unfairly?
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 12, 2014, 03:16:21 pm »
+2
At election day, each state votes separately. The majority in each state gets all the electors of that state (with two exceptions). Each state has a number of electors loosely depending on the population of the state. However, it's not fair because say one elector in Iowa represents much fewer people than one elector in California. On top of that, this system strenghtens the bipartism of the US, because in order to get electors you need to be the first political force somewhere, instead of getting say 10% everywhere like a minor party could easily acheive.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 12, 2014, 03:43:23 pm »
+2
Ah that's what I tought. Well they are States aren't they, you can't expect to have the same system as a country, maybe a smaller party from California or Texas would easily get into Parliment while parties from smaller states would never get in and thus small states wouldn't be represented equally unlike now wowo such democracy  :mrgreen:, that is a great argument to keep the system as it is, genious.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #239 on: April 12, 2014, 04:46:12 pm »
+2
At election day, each state votes separately. The majority in each state gets all the electors of that state (with two exceptions). Each state has a number of electors loosely depending on the population of the state. However, it's not fair because say one elector in Iowa represents much fewer people than one elector in California. On top of that, this system strenghtens the bipartism of the US, because in order to get electors you need to be the first political force somewhere, instead of getting say 10% everywhere like a minor party could easily acheive.

Electoral College:
When you vote, the state that has a certain number of electors(or votes for president). To win this Votes, you must have the MAJORITY vote in that state. The votes in that states are proprotional to it's population(Or also equal to the amount of representatives each state has, they use the same number for both), excepting that all states have a minimum of 3 votes, and DC gets 3 votes even though it falls under no other category and is a special administration region.

Once you win a state, you get the votes. The person who has the most votes then wins president(which amounts to something like 216 I believe) Due to this system, Independent presidents almost never get elected, unless they are really famous (has happened in the past, not so much now).

Now, for small parties, they can(and most times do) occupy state legislators, and sometimes, national legislature, but they cannot take presidential election due to the bias towards 2 party system.

This whole system causes problems though because certain states(Like Florida, Ohio), are big votes(29,20 respectively) and depending on the candidates, can actively make or break the president. My state(Florida) is a purple state, meaning we went Bush twice, but then switch to Obama for 2 sections. But, even though the state is "purple" it's really more like this. North Florida is SOLID BLUE while South Florida is SOLID RED(rep, dem) and the center is pretty mixed.

http://www.ehdp.com/vitalnet/reps.htm
As you can see, there's 3/4 "big states" they are Cali, NY,Texas, Florida. Every election it's almost always Dem: Cali, NY Rep: Texas Swing: Florida. If you win those 4 states, you have practically won the presidency.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 04:50:01 pm by Lt_Anders »