Author Topic: When are macro abusers getting banned?  (Read 14159 times)

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: When are macro abusers getting banned?
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2014, 12:20:03 am »
+12
I can't feint that fast and consistently, perhaps if I would be enough of a scrub to practice it, but I can definitely see how macro's can give you an advantage with it. Even if you are able to do it flawlessly on your own, using a macro will still free up a huge load of concentration and improve your vision due to not having to move your camera extremely fast. Therefore clearly a cheat if you ask me. And don't give me this horseshit that these feints do not work, I have seen Qoray using a Longsword confusing the shit out of opponents in the duel tournament and the practice duels for it that weren't exactly bad players.

I don't understand how macros could be good anyway; wouldn't it make cancelling attacks/feints incredibly hard?
No because as soon as you actually press LMB or RMB it interrupts the macro'd sequence and uses your input, as is explained in the video.

Offline Tore

• Item Manager
  • Renown: 882
  • Infamy: 329
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2014, 12:20:47 am »
+2
Clearly anyone who doesn't see the problem with this is using a macro and should be banned immediately.

(click to show/hide)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1573
  • Infamy: 2306
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2014, 12:31:06 am »
+4
I can't really see even normal swings that well on EU3, so I'm not sure how that would help if I tried :D. Feints are easy enough to master by mixing up timings yourself imo. I have a really tiny mouse, so it's easy to move, though.

You're able to repeat same complex pattern of movements five times in a row in less than 10 seconds, every time that pattern taking exactly same amount of time? Are you a machine?

Qoray obviously is, because he does it all the time, every time and for same amount of time. Flawlessly.

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • Renown: 586
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Duke
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2014, 12:32:16 am »
+3
Just chop their heads of with that ultimate technique "noobs" happen to know well: Spam.

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2014, 12:40:39 am »
Even if you are able to do it flawlessly on your own, using a macro will still free up a huge load of concentration and improve your vision due to not having to move your camera extremely fast.

It takes no effort or concentration to quickly alternate between left click and right. I don't know what your sensitivity and DPI settings are like, but my camera barely moves at all when quickly feinting. I use a heavy mouse with a fairly low DPI and it still only requires small amounts of hand movement.

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2014, 12:45:18 am »
+2
You're able to repeat same complex pattern of movements five times in a row in less than 10 seconds, every time that pattern taking exactly same amount of time? Are you a machine?

Qoray obviously is, because he does it all the time, every time and for same amount of time. Flawlessly.

Of course not, dunno why one would feint that much. I was just saying that you can make complex swings manually, and (to me) it's much more rewarding to learn yourself how to get the timing and mindgames down. I think using tools to make it better solely for yourself is cheating and takes the fun out of the game (some things like increased FoV was a godsend, though, even though that's WSE2).

I just can't tell when people are using these tools, since as others have said, you can teach yourself how to do weird things, although probably not to the level you described.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 01:03:07 am by San »

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 138
  • Infamy: 1929
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2014, 12:49:54 am »
+1
Just chop their heads of with that ultimate technique "noobs" happen to know well: Spam.

You need to be really good at spamming (fast) or to be good at chamber blocking. Chamber blocking macro feinters is fairly easy because once you see the pattern you know how long it lasts and which attack will be in the end.

Problem with that is that chambering requires concentration and skill while macro feinting doesn't. Therefore you can make mistake but macro feinter won't because software controls his attacks.

Actually the best way is to keep them at bay, combining endless spamming and outreaching (footwork). Just don't come close because those macro feints execute in portion of a second and usually you're following what your enemy does and that makes you slower. Keep range and spam and macro feinter is dead.

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2014, 12:58:59 am »
Keep range and spam and macro feinter is dead.

Or you could learn how to block fast feints, it's really not that hard, no offense.

Interrupting feint spam only works against players that can't cancel attaks/feints reliably

Offline Chosen1

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 1016
  • cRPG Player
  • din do nuffin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Castile
  • Game nicks: Chosen1, Matteo, El_Cid
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2014, 01:28:42 am »
If you play as 2H you are shit regardless.
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings cmp, I would feel pretty bad too if I was a useless no life virgin who spent his adulthood making video games LOL
its ok though, now i have more time to - all the posters i dont like
But I wrote a poem that I would like you all to read

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2014, 01:39:38 am »
Someone should make a macro to ctrl m constantly, because why not?
ctrl m is awsome and best way for people to QQ really quickly about you ctrl ming them.

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2014, 05:11:14 am »
+8

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Lannistark

• Duke
  • Renown: 586
  • Infamy: 118
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Duke
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2014, 10:50:06 am »
+4
Totally agree. Feinting in cRPG is useless. I spent some time in Native to see all the feinting they have to juggle there.

I tried to do the same feints in cRPG and it is completely impossible. The animations are much slower and feints do not look the same.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2014, 10:51:45 am »
(click to show/hide)
What if I told you that Qoray would tear through you if he uses his longswords solely because you can't deal with the feints.

It takes no effort or concentration to quickly alternate between left click and right. I don't know what your sensitivity and DPI settings are like, but my camera barely moves at all when quickly feinting. I use a heavy mouse with a fairly low DPI and it still only requires small amounts of hand movement.
Well, I think I use really high sensitivity. Let's see, if I move my mouse about 2.2 cm sideways I will have done a 360, so that is 16 degrees of turning per milimeter of mouse movement. My style of lolpiking requires a lot of movement and if I have to do it for 1,5 hours straight in a Strat battle I would get a sore elbow, so I have moved up my sensitivity, took all the weights and even the weight tray out of my mouse to reduce strain and prevent injuries, hehe.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 11:16:24 am by Teeth »

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2014, 10:54:31 am »
What if I told you that Qoray would tear through you if he uses his longswords solely because you can't deal with the feintsmacros.
FTFY. :wink:
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2014, 11:04:25 am »
+7
"he's using macros"

Still see that it's one of the top excuses for losing duels. Macros are not nearly as effective in cRPG as they are in Native, because feinting in cRPG is slow compared to Native.