Author Topic: When are macro abusers getting banned?  (Read 13574 times)

Offline elpigeon

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Power of the Pigeon
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pecores
  • Game nicks: Elpigeon / Guano / Fiente
Re: When are macro abusers getting banned?
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2014, 11:16:22 am »
+3
I like to use and abuse of Macros, every morning. It is bannable ?

In french, macro is pronounced almost like maquereau which means 'The Pimp'.

So, i like to use and abuse of the Pimp, every morning !

Most seriously, what do we win if we cheat to this game ? it is just pathetic.
Pigeon shits over you.

Offline Qoray

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2014, 11:37:12 am »
Someone said that Atze uses macros and I responded that he doesn't. Sorry for not adding ya.
np
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2014, 11:51:14 am »
+3
*cough* Skono *cough*

That was entirely my point

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2014, 03:47:07 pm »
+3
ok i admit it, i am using a macro to hold my shield up.  :oops:

How come it's "detectable, recordable, spotable" if you just accused someone and failed with that? I mean, does every player have to have a video of himself playing to not get banned when you "will ban macro users for real next time"?
If someone who is accused to use macros, is makeing a vid of himself, you really think they would then use macros while doing those vids? Not saying this was the case here or Quoray is one of the cheating macro users, point is you cant trust vids made by the accused. You need to catch them in situations where they believe they would not be monitored and make a vid yourself of them.

Also as Buttan hinted towards, there are physical limitations, which allows you to spot macro users and only aslong they break those physical limitations, they do have a clear advantage, otherwise the advantage is just making same patterns flawlessly which still can be an advantage. In terms of strength builds when a restriction like the speed limitations would be broken by macros, the imbalance created is even higher but also easier to be spotted. I think you can get a server side programm going which counts meta data on the users which would hint towards macro users. The list of names then still would need to be monitored and vids be made when they appear on the servers. This is not a small thing which would need to be done, to make it fairly certain the bad apples would be filtered out. The punishment then when all that is done, should be drasticly as they made us use up that energy of programmers which should have been used to make the game better.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 03:51:12 pm by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2014, 03:56:22 pm »
+1
Im not and I know what im talking about  :rolleyes: Im not using macros and I have a shitty 10€ mouse ..I can do those "macro" feints with it easily ...

Your bad and an idiot yet still you post in forums: dude go avvay.

BACK ON TOPIC: VVHY should they be banned:

IMHO all macros use should be permaban, but even autoblockers vvho vvere permabanned came back eventually. Is Macrofeints really vvorse than the mods you can use to give you flourescent arrovvs, massive markers on enemy players, neon vveapons vvith arrovvs shovving attack direction, removal of fog, removal of all nonsolid textures (trees bushes haystacks)?

Because all of those excist and are used extensively.

The only solution vvould be to have a reliable system of checking players game files: ANY custom content = permaban.

Back to macro users: There are 3 players I could name that use them day in, day out, in battle and on duel. You can easily spot them, and its as Butan states: Repeated actions, at incredible speed, vvithout ever an error or adjustment of the players stance or head angle. They do give a very large advantage vvhen used a player vvho is good anyvvay, but it really is not trackable unless someone either sits and reads OR makes a program to sift through hours of data records and videos and the advantage is not really more, infact I think less, than you can get from simply modding your game anyvvay. Im pretty sure there is mod that can remove night-time asvvell (Not seen this one myself tbh but have been told)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 04:07:36 pm by BlindGuy »
I don't know enough

Offline Butan

• King
  • Renown: 1713
  • Infamy: 214
  • Best tincan EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2014, 04:15:38 pm »
+1

Pretty sure I've seen Steevee use a macro to nock arrows too...

Die them with fire.

IMHO all macros use should be permaban, but even autoblockers vvho vvere permabanned came back eventually. Is Macrofeints really vvorse than the mods you can use to give you flourescent arrovvs, massive markers on enemy players, neon vveapons vvith arrovvs shovving attack direction, removal of fog, removal of all nonsolid textures (trees bushes haystacks)?

All those infractions should be put in the same "legal" basket IMO: ban.
Then to scale the duration of the ban (temporary/perma) with the "duration" of the infraction and its "advantage potential gained on others".

Offline Clockworkkiller

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 872
  • Infamy: 573
  • cRPG Player
  • I shit dopamine
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Clockworkkiller
« Reply #141 on: March 30, 2014, 04:20:01 pm »
+5
u r all pheggots

/thread
You are a horrible human being clockwork.

If i ever get muted on forums, contact me on crpg.net

Offline TomMyyY

• Earl
  • Renown: 365
  • Infamy: 17
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_TomMyyY
« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2014, 05:46:39 pm »
+1

The only solution vvould be to have a reliable system of checking players game files: ANY custom content = permaban.

Back to macro users: There are 3 players I could name that use them day in, day out, in battle and on duel. You can easily spot them, and its as Butan states: Repeated actions, at incredible speed, vvithout ever an error or adjustment of the players stance or head angle. They do give a very large advantage vvhen used a player vvho is good anyvvay, but it really is not trackable unless someone either sits and reads OR makes a program to sift through hours of data records and videos and the advantage is not really more, infact I think less, than you can get from simply modding your game anyvvay. Im pretty sure there is mod that can remove night-time asvvell (Not seen this one myself tbh but have been told)

Have some WwwWwwwWwwwwWWs guy, this shit is unreadable.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2014, 06:19:07 pm »

Lost your w key much ?

Offline the real god emperor

• King
  • Renown: 1630
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Et tu, Brute?
    • View Profile
    • Click for gifts
  • Faction: Rome
  • Game nicks: Captain_Sweden
« Reply #144 on: March 30, 2014, 06:32:21 pm »
If you really want to ban someone go ban Eldar Boss , that guy definitely uses aimbots!

Offline Qoray

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2014, 06:56:02 pm »
If someone who is accused to use macros, is makeing a vid of himself, you really think they would then use macros while doing those vids? Not saying this was the case here or Quoray is one of the cheating macro users, point is you cant trust vids made by the accused. You need to catch them in situations where they believe they would not be monitored and make a vid yourself of them.

Also as Buttan hinted towards, there are physical limitations, which allows you to spot macro users and only aslong they break those physical limitations, they do have a clear advantage, otherwise the advantage is just making same patterns flawlessly which still can be an advantage. In terms of strength builds when a restriction like the speed limitations would be broken by macros, the imbalance created is even higher but also easier to be spotted. I think you can get a server side programm going which counts meta data on the users which would hint towards macro users. The list of names then still would need to be monitored and vids be made when they appear on the servers. This is not a small thing which would need to be done, to make it fairly certain the bad apples would be filtered out. The punishment then when all that is done, should be drasticly as they made us use up that energy of programmers which should have been used to make the game better.

that's true kinngrimm, but i show in the video that those feints work like that without any macros that was the point in this also what thomek told me.

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2014, 07:01:40 pm »
Lost your w key much ?
His 'w' key ain't working.

Skyrim UI

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 2124
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2014, 07:16:16 pm »
+1
Im pretty sure there is mod that can remove night-time asvvell (Not seen this one myself tbh but have been told)

Easy fix. Used to play like that for a month before my PC died. Not to gain advantage but to stop my eyes bleeding... wish I knew about it from the start.

If I was EU citizen, would totally sue cmp irl for his stance on warband's weather effects which are horrible and have negative impact on eyesight.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2014, 11:02:11 pm »
+2
BlindGuy, respec to 18/24 Glaive and don't worry about your broken w-button!
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2014, 11:08:55 pm »
How is that relevant to my post though, I think you missed my point actually.