Author Topic: Suggestion to buff IF  (Read 826 times)

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
Suggestion to buff IF
« on: March 22, 2014, 09:21:25 am »
+15
Just in case anybody in charge is considering a buff to IF.
Each point in IF could reduce the knockdown chance by 1%.

Thanks for reading. Goodbye

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
Re: Suggestion to buff IF
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 09:29:09 am »
+3
Why not

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 04:30:26 am »
+2
Why not
Because that doesn't make any sense at all.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 06:22:04 am »
+2
Because that doesn't make any sense at all.

I think it is the one skill which makes the most sense to receive a bonus like that. Allow me to further explain:
The name ironflesh suggests that a character becomes more sturdy, tougher and can take more hits (2HP per point as we all know).
That was basically my thought when creating this thread.
And in general, the stronker u are the less u're getting pushed around right? :wink:

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 10:40:43 am »
Yes, please increase the time it takes to kill people.

Why not add floating damage numbers every time you hit someone too? And raid bosses that take 30 minutes to die?

IF is already too strong.

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 11:09:15 am »
+1
IF is already too strong.

Not at all. If a dump skill is too strong, then all other skills are too strong by far  :P
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 12:13:53 pm »
Not at all. If a dump skill is too strong, then all other skills are too strong by far  :P

It's not a dump skill. STR and IF combined can more than double your HP pool. Suppose I have the choice between 24 STR 7 IF 8 PS and 27 STR 0 IF 9PS. Unless I plan on gaining further levels, the 24 STR build is massively better.

Anyway, my point is not that IF should be a bad skill but that it should do something else than being a pure "you can survive more errors" crutch. That's precisely the origin of the game's slowness that people keep on talking about.

Offline HarunYahya

• Marshall
  • Renown: 965
  • Infamy: 309
  • cRPG Player
  • Proud Abdulla wielder
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: HarunYahya,HarunShootya,Inan
  • IRC nick: HarunYahya
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 02:50:42 pm »
I think it is the one skill which makes the most sense to receive a bonus like that. Allow me to further explain:
The name ironflesh suggests that a character becomes more sturdy, tougher and can take more hits (2HP per point as we all know).
That was basically my thought when creating this thread.
And in general, the stronker u are the less u're getting pushed around right? :wink:
Even if you are Chuck Norris,if you got hit by a fucking winged mace to your head,you can't stand still.

IF doesn't need a buff. You know the times you freak out and yell and teamspeak "OMG IM NEARLY DEAD BY THIS FUCKING HEADSHOT AT THE 10th SEC OF THE FUCKING ROUND !!!!" those ironflesh skills saved your ass.

Offline SugarHoe

• Earl
  • Renown: 413
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Frisia
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2014, 03:35:54 pm »
+1
Even if you are Chuck Norris,if you got hit by a fucking winged mace to your head,you can't stand still.

IF doesn't need a buff. You know the times you freak out and yell and teamspeak "OMG IM NEARLY DEAD BY THIS FUCKING HEADSHOT AT THE 10th SEC OF THE FUCKING ROUND !!!!" those ironflesh skills saved your ass.
people actually use IF.? it's not even worth getting. I always transfer the points to str for more PS like IF doesnt even protect you much to take a difference besides glances from teamwounds.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline protox2k

• Earl
  • Renown: 304
  • Infamy: 67
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mango
  • Game nicks: Soft_Juicy_Mango
  • IRC nick: Kev
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 03:50:00 pm »
Make IF 2.5 points each if mechanics allow or maybe 3 Points ( fear it might be too OP?)

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2014, 04:05:05 pm »
+2
I think rolling makes knockdown mitigation moot. I know I personally still wouldn't care to put points into it, since it's not that difficult to get a very high rolling % nowadays. Weaker knockdown weapons already have a meager 7.5% chance to knockdown on the head and legs, while cav bumps are going to knockdown each time. That leaves a small subsection of weapons this would be useful against.

Because IF is universally beneficial, I don't think a 1:1 ratio in increased stats compared to the other skill points is a wise idea, but I would like something better than 1:4 or 1:5. That's why I believe that IF aiding in the dropoff in damage of held strikes would be helpful. In the past, held strikes were changed from a constant multiplier of damage no matter how long you held, to a low point of 50% (iirc) after a few seconds. That's why I believe IF helping in this area won't cause an imbalance. 0-3 IF builds may need a small penalty for how long they're allowed to hold for great damage. This would make it so 0IF / agi builds need to time attacks even better with the limited holding ability. Because they release attacks faster anyways, I think that's fine.

It's not a dump skill. STR and IF combined can more than double your HP pool. Suppose I have the choice between 24 STR 7 IF 8 PS and 27 STR 0 IF 9PS. Unless I plan on gaining further levels, the 24 STR build is massively better.

I still find it silly how one would think IF isn't a dump skill then proceed to compare 7 IF points to 1 extra PS. There are situations where you have an extra 3-5 skill points on top of the IF. For instance, let's say you were level 32, 21-18, 7IF with 3 extra skill points. You could stick with the 21-18 build or you could be 24-18 with 3IF, leaving a difference of 5 measly hp. Losing 4 IF instead of 7, all of a sudden that 21-18 build looks pretty crappy in comparison. That's because it takes too many IF points (dump skill) to become equivalent to other skills.

Offline Macropus

• King
  • Renown: 1668
  • Infamy: 296
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Macropus
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2014, 04:37:59 pm »
+2
You're missing the point a bit.
Gurni did compare IF to other skills, not to attributes+skill combo. In your example the 24 str 7 IF build is clearly better, but what if you have to choose between let's say 5 IF and 5 riding (or athletics (or shield (or WM)))?

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2014, 05:39:49 pm »
+2
I'd rather just buff IF directly in what it already does. Make it +4 HP per point or something. 5 points would give you +20 HP which would be at least somewhat beneficial. 5 PD, 5 WM, 5 PS, 5 Shield, 5 riding, 5 Throwing would still be better but it would at least be a better situation than now

The other ideas to me are a bit random.
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2014, 10:55:14 pm »
+1
What about removing IFs HP buff and making a % armour. Says 1% - 2% increase to armour. So if you have 7IF you get 7% boost on your 70 armour plate crutch so you get a whooping 4.9 more points of body armour...
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2014, 10:59:09 pm »
What about removing IFs HP buff and making a % armour. Says 1% - 2% increase to armour. So if you have 7IF you get 7% boost on your 70 armour plate crutch so you get a whooping 4.9 more points of body armour...
It would make it even weaker...

Skyrim UI