Author Topic: Anyone musically/lyrically talented w/ access to decent recording equipment?  (Read 2188 times)

Offline Porthos

• Marshall
  • Renown: 779
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • The February Patch Survivor
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hello Kitty Clan (aka 'Clan For Fun')
  • Game nicks: Porthos_Woodstock, InvasionOfGiganticLANDCRABS, Random_Nobody, cRPG_Addict and many more
We've been searching everywhere for someone who can perform this incredibly challenging piece.
Countless talent coordinators and not one has produced a lead to a musician with such aptitude.
Please... please, we need you, Porthos.
Unfortunately today I've got a cold sores. My lip's condition is so bad, that it is now impossible for me to use it in my daily professional manner as I usually do. I think the recovery may take a long time, so I'd suggest you to move ahead without me. I know, it is a big disaster, but yet I can't help you at all. Good luck! :oops:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
<=== thanks to Tiny_Glancer <3 (never click on that image)
I'm not sure if ships are ingame
You Can't Kill Me

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
May I have a PM with a link too?.. I promise not to share it with anyone without permission, or before you are done with it :)

(click to show/hide)

Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • Renown: 569
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
  • Game nicks: MAGA_Jeade, Gregory_McFin, Frat_Lion
  • IRC nick: Jeade
May I have a PM with a link too?.. I promise not to share it with anyone without permission, or before you are done with it :)

Ohhh I suppose.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin

(click to show/hide)

If nothing else, you could do the artwork for the single :D

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Armpit_Sweat

• High Lord of the Spam
  • King
  • Renown: 1417
  • Infamy: 154
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Armpit_Sweat, My_horses_name_is_Rebecca
I heard it, and it was awesome! cRPG community should prepare for a delicious treat!
But I will not say more!

5/5 Armpit Creativity Stars!
  Spam at The Temple of Spam

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
Unfortunately today I've got a cold sores. My lip's condition is so bad, that it is now impossible for me to use it in my daily professional manner as I usually do. I think the recovery may take a long time, so I'd suggest you to move ahead without me. I know, it is a big disaster, but yet I can't help you at all. Good luck! :oops:

Right... "cold sores."

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline Zaalback

• Count
  • Renown: 254
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Zaalback
I'm producing progressive - trance up to techno and more on a DAW called Fruity Loops for 7 years now , i can also make a good use of Logics 9. Maybe my genres don't fit to your expectations :) , nevertheless i still can play piano and have many different synths in my range, moreover i love to write chords, whatever the genre. I can also help you with the mixdown/mastering part of your tracks. I have some good hardware at my disposition so feel free to ask if you think that i can help you. (PM preferred)

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
I'm producing progressive - trance up to techno and more on a DAW called Fruity Loops for 7 years now , i can also make a good use of Logics 9. Maybe my genres don't fit to your expectations :) , nevertheless i still can play piano and have many different synths in my range, moreover i love to write chords, whatever the genre. I can also help you with the mixdown/mastering part of your tracks. I have some good hardware at my disposition so feel free to ask if you think that i can help you. (PM preferred)

Awesome!
While trance and techno is totally, totally different than what we've got so far, maybe this will turn into some weird experimental song.
I'll send you a PM with the links and all! We could probably use some help mixing and mastering at the very least!

Offline Chosen1

• Noble
  • Renown: 23
  • Infamy: 1016
  • cRPG Player
  • din do nuffin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Castile
  • Game nicks: Chosen1, Matteo, El_Cid
I can play the piano, guitar, and violin fairly well, and I have a decent knowledge of music theory. I don't know much about music software and all I have to record is a crappy microphone. Maybe I can help? If not that's ok
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings cmp, I would feel pretty bad too if I was a useless no life virgin who spent his adulthood making video games LOL
its ok though, now i have more time to - all the posters i dont like
But I wrote a poem that I would like you all to read

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
I play electric bass but don't have any gear to get it on my computer. I'd still like to see what you have so far if you care to share :)

Audacity is nice for quick edits, but i feel like it's the mspaint of audio software. I haven't ever done anything using multiple tracks with it.

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
I play electric bass but don't have any gear to get it on my computer. I'd still like to see what you have so far if you care to share :)

Audacity is nice for quick edits, but i feel like it's the mspaint of audio software. I haven't ever done anything using multiple tracks with it.

Bass usually sounds fine even if you use direct line in method. You don't necessarily need much gear to record it :)

Offline WITCHCRAFT

• Highborn
  • King
  • Renown: 2174
  • Infamy: 227
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen
  • get hexed
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: WITCHCRAFT, A_Hot_Elf_Princess, Yurnero_of_the_High_Plains, and secret alts
Bass usually sounds fine even if you use direct line in method. You don't necessarily need much gear to record it :)

I could probably pick something up without breaking the bank but right now my only way of recording anything to my computer is a 5 dollar mic for teamspeak. I could record to casette and mail that to Jeade in the meantime... :P

irl something shorted on the shuttle and laika overheated and died within a few hours of liftoff and for a brief while one could look up to the stars and see a light shooting across the sky that was actually a warm dog corpse slingshoting about the earth at thousands of miles per hour which was arguably humanity's greatest achievement so far

Offline SP1N

• Duke
  • Renown: 585
  • Infamy: 22
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: N1PS, SP1N
I may add harmonies or even write a chorus (don't quote me on this) but I don't wanna step on any toes. :3
(click to show/hide)

Offline Jeade

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Well Caleb's a liar.
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Chosen1, Witchcraft, absolutely!
SP1N, don't even worry about stepping on toes. We totally need help with lyrics. That's the part we really need help with first and foremost (I think).
The whole point of this thread was to turn this into a collaboration, and I fully expect this to get a little too ridiculous by the end.
Should be a good time! I'll send you all a message with links and whatnot!

Also, Witchcraft, if you mail me a cassette recording, I'd then have to go browse thrift stores until I found something ancient enough to play a cassette.
I'll side with Odin and suggest you try the direct line. Only if you want to though!

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
    • View Profile
Yeah and since you play electric bass I assume you have an amp. Then I'm assuming that amp has a headphone output. That way you can plug your bass amp directly from the headphone out ---> your PC's soundcard input. You can also use some fx pedals to do the same thing (if you have them).

You just have to learn to adjust the levels correctly (loudness and EQ) so the sound doesn't come in too loud or too silent.