Author Topic: Archer bows  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Lemonjello

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Archer bows
« on: March 03, 2014, 09:24:26 pm »
+1
So I'm 980k from retiring my archer and will have a LP to spend. I've been a *big* fan of the Rus bow but before I either try to find a 2+ Rus bow or just throw this LP into my bow I was curious if anyone have a better bow suggestion and if so, why? I am 18str/21agi 6pd 7WM 160archery 591h

Thanks

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: Archer bows
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 09:41:51 pm »
+5
Don't loom the bow yourself.
3 LPs are too much. You easily get a +3 Rus Bow for 2 LPs and some gold. Or a Long Bow, if you like.

Better wait another generation and save some gold instead of wasting your LP now. ;)
Your build is fine for level 30. It's a common archer build without any PS.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Kamirane

• Count
  • Renown: 217
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 09:50:06 pm »
+1
Don't loom the bow yourself.
3 LPs are too much. You easily get a +3 Rus Bow for 2 LPs and some gold. Or a Long Bow, if you like.

Better wait another generation and save some gold instead of wasting your LP now. ;)
Your build is fine for level 30. It's a common archer build without any PS.

true words

Offline Lemonjello

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 11:58:50 pm »
+1
I primarily play DTV at the moment when I have time to play the game. My exact build is 18/21 3PS 6PD 7ATHL 7WM.

I was more curious if there was a bow I should use in place of the Rus bow. I don't find it *too* slow and I like the power.

Offline Little Lord Lollipop

• Duke
  • Renown: 582
  • Infamy: 49
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Always Take The Shot
  • Game nicks: Frumpty_Dumpty_ATTS
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 12:16:30 am »
+3
As a long time archer I'd recommend trying out all the bows to see which one you like the best. As for the loompoint you should save them, you can probably pick up a +3 rus bow for 2lp and 50k.
Dear Little Lord Lollipop
You have received a warning for being a total twat.
Best Regards,
The cRPG Forum Team

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • what? ... What? ... WHAT?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: Warden_Thranduil The_Doctor
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 01:46:36 am »
+1
Ah! I know who you are. I see you on DTV. A LOT.  :lol:  If you haven't tried the longbow, try the longbow and compare it to the Rus. I'm currently deciding which I like better myself. I do know that somehow, I lose an archer match with a certain someone (Luker) just from the speed difference between the two bows. The funny thing is, I was using the supposedly faster bow (Rus) and I had higher wpf. There's something about the longbow, but that upkeep is a nice reason to prefer the Rus.  :mrgreen:

Outside of DTV, you may find you don't like the Rus as much, or you may hear wedding bells. Hard to tell when someone's mace is on your head! Play the other game modes and get some more PvP experience before you decide to heirloom a weapon. You're preferred weapon - and even your play style - can change from one gen to another, and that's without changing your class (archer, 1h, pole). That, and as the others said, you can probably get a MW Rus for like 2LP and 50k gold.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 02:00:43 am »
Doesnt matter what you use to play DTV. It will always be boring.

Real answer: The rus and longbow are both shit. Currently hornbow is best bow for accuracy and speed and yumi best for dmg, and both free a up a slot. Theres NO reason to use longbow or rusbow except asthetics. Even bow is useless now since they made it 2 slot. Its fucking retarded and balance team have lost all knowledge of the plot.
I don't know enough

Offline agile

• Baron
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 40
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Agile_Astralis
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 03:09:30 am »
+1
Short bow.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 03:32:03 am »
+3
Fist of all, you should ignore what most archers in this mod tell you to do, as most of them still haven't adjusted to the recent changes(wpf rework/movement stun removal/stagger rework). Here are a few things to help you decide, but to be honest, all bows aside from the Short Bow, Yumi Bow and Bow, can be extremely effective in certain situations.

If you think that you're not quite the best shot, then go for the lighter bows. If you feel that you get focused a lot by enemy archers and are unable to adjust your playstyle to reduce how often this happens, go for a lighter bow. If you want to focus other archers(and therefore limit your effectiveness), chose a Nomad or Tatar Bow. If you want to hybrid with your bow, go for one of the 1s ones. If you're doing HA, use the Yumi, otherwise ignore it for all other cases. If you find that you're aiming at a lot of heavily armed infantry or horses, go with a two slot bow. If you're using a bow with 4PD or lower, don't(if you really must, make sure you use Tatar Arrows, not bodkins). If you really plan on sticking to DTV, I'd chose a longbow for the increased chance to stagger bots, something that could really help teammates.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 03:38:59 am by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline Thranduil

• Earl
  • Renown: 367
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • what? ... What? ... WHAT?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Ward of Mithrim
  • Game nicks: Warden_Thranduil The_Doctor
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 04:05:29 am »
+1
Fist of all, you should ignore what most archers in this mod tell you to do, as most of them still haven't adjusted to the recent changes(wpf rework/movement stun removal/stagger rework). Here are a few things to help you decide, but to be honest, all bows aside from the Short Bow, Yumi Bow and Bow, can be extremely effective in certain situations.

If you think that you're not quite the best shot, then go for the lighter bows. If you feel that you get focused a lot by enemy archers and are unable to adjust your playstyle to reduce how often this happens, go for a lighter bow. If you want to focus other archers(and therefore limit your effectiveness), chose a Nomad or Tatar Bow. If you want to hybrid with your bow, go for one of the 1s ones. If you're doing HA, use the Yumi, otherwise ignore it for all other cases. If you find that you're aiming at a lot of heavily armed infantry or horses, go with a two slot bow. If you're using a bow with 4PD or lower, don't(if you really must, make sure you use Tatar Arrows, not bodkins). If you really plan on sticking to DTV, I'd chose a longbow for the increased chance to stagger bots, something that could really help teammates.

'Tis true. I'm usually out with a Tatar.  :)

Offline Templar_Steevee

• Duke
  • Renown: 613
  • Infamy: 128
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew-pew for victory!!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Steevee, Templar_catchArabbit, Gangtroll
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 03:50:57 pm »
+1
All i can say after last patches is:

Do not loom bow unless it is rus or long bow. Looming bows is not giving you any bonus to dmg, only to speed accuracy and missile speed. With 1slot bows all those three are great.

Loom arrows instead of bow, especially on dtv you will not run out of arrows, on siege and battle amount of missiles is also good, especially if you like to shoot on bigger distances.
Archer forever :D

Offline jtobiasm

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 328
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Tobi
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 07:42:46 pm »
+1
Doesnt matter what you use to play DTV. It will always be boring.

Real answer: The rus and longbow are both shit. Currently hornbow is best bow for accuracy and speed and yumi best for dmg, and both free a up a slot. Theres NO reason to use longbow or rusbow except asthetics. Even bow is useless now since they made it 2 slot. Its fucking retarded and balance team have lost all knowledge of the plot.

You're fkin deluded mate

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
  • Coming from a life of crime.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Fredom ; FredomNumbaNine
  • IRC nick: Steam name: Fredom[NumbaNine]
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 10:27:14 pm »
+1
Better put your loompoint in the marketplace for a good but not too cheap price ~400-405k.
Then if you are not bored of archery you  should have enough money for a generation till l vl 32. After reaching 32 or 33 you retire, receive some lp's, get masterwoek item for it.
~>>Repeat with the class you like now.  :mrgreen:
Fredom, are you British? -> You got an American accent!- Merc_Sjarken

Offline Lemonjello

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 10:57:23 pm »
+1
Thanks for the suggestions all! Gives me a lot to think about. I came back recently after a year or so of inactivity and with all the changes it's good to have some advice. I'll keep on playing and retire my guy at 31 (I want to try a 15str/24agi build anyway) and see what I like. I cannot believe an heirloom point is worth that much gold!  :shock:

Offline Fredom

• Baron
  • Renown: 141
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
  • Coming from a life of crime.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Fredom ; FredomNumbaNine
  • IRC nick: Steam name: Fredom[NumbaNine]
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 02:25:39 pm »
+1
Thanks for the suggestions all! Gives me a lot to think about. I came back recently after a year or so of inactivity and with all the changes it's good to have some advice. I'll keep on playing and retire my guy at 31 (I want to try a 15str/24agi build anyway) and see what I like. I cannot believe an heirloom point is worth that much gold!  :shock:
They were worth around 500k some months ago... Then the price fell back to 400k...
Fredom, are you British? -> You got an American accent!- Merc_Sjarken