• cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
Re: Siege
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 10:55:31 pm »
Not DRZ? How weird...
drz sucks ;) they are orcs that are somehow effective in hordes :)
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2014, 05:33:11 am »
Here's an interesting question - how come EU siege is so populated and NA siege now struggles so bad for population?

On that note - part of siege's problem now is critical mass.  It doesn't get many poeple so it's not fun, and because it's not fun it doesn't get a lot of people, etc...
And on top of that, if a group gets on, the balancer is shit of course and can't handle it - and on a small server the imbalances are so much more noticeable.
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Snufalufagus

• Earl
  • Renown: 320
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Snuffy, Snufalufagus, Sexy Cupid, Charlie_Sheen Sir Lord Gentleman Snuffy
  • IRC nick: Snufalufagus
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2014, 08:07:37 am »
+1
Elindor you should make more maps or teach me!!
Im your imaginary friend...

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2014, 08:24:39 am »
I think once valour was put in place was when I REALLY started to not play siege as much. + There are only a few people that I want to fight against on siege. Back in 2012, you occasionally saw most players switch to siege now and then.

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2014, 03:44:59 pm »
+2

I have 4 in siege rotation, unfortunately theres 40 others in there (some good some bad) :(
I can try to make another one soon....
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2014, 05:04:23 pm »

Just follow the guide in Scene Editing and ask questions if you need to, not that hard.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2014, 05:20:03 pm »
+1
Main reason for me?

Multis

for battle its not a bad system, but for siege its horrible. There is just nothing that makes you want to leave the game more, then trying your ass off, killing 10-20 in 6 mins, and getting nothing for it.

Fun aside this is an xp game, we are all here to grind our chars, nothing screams "k, fuck siege, time for battle" more then having an amazing rnd, and not getting rewarded for it.

And now that so few people play, more often then not, siege usually goes down a lil something like this

Rnd 1: defense, you do amazing, try ur ass of, but unfortunately lose in the last min, possibly due to team, possibly due to unbalanced map. you lost, but you did save flag a bunch of times....valor goes to? usually noone, anoher reason siege is unrewarding, but when it does go out, it rarly goes to the people saving the flag, it goes to the people that leave their teammates to rack up kills on the wall or enemy spawn.

Rnd 2: k, so rnd 1 was frustrating, no biggie, you have a good team and your attacking now...you are doing well.....goddamn it..TOO WELL SLOW DOWN OR people will leave...too late, people already leaving, hurry get to the flag b4 its too late....your at flag, its dropping,,,soo close, almost there,,,boom!! yes, u won!!

"teams unfair" GODFUCKING DAMMIT THERE IS ONLY A 2 PLAYER DIFFERENCE FFS!!!

Rnd 3: back to defense...k screw it, i know im gonna lose this anyway...go for valor. you head for the walls, and for whatever reason, everyone fallows you....flag is ninja capped

Rnd 4: well if they can ninja cap it...i can too,...so you sneak around, screw helping ur team, screw getting point or kills, drop the flag, thats all that matters...haha u are there, no one sees you, its dropping..annnnnnd, DONE IT DROPPED!! U WON SUCCESS!!!

"teams are not fair"

and cuz u ninjad instead of fighting on the wall....valor if any, goes to....well, not you going after the actual objectives u can bet that

so u just spent all that time on a x1....its the equivalent of getting stuck with thee absolute worst team in battle mode, where you just know you are gonna keep getting steam rolled and stay on x1 for 30 min to an hour...which is a battle players worst nightmare ( besides the actual knightmare of course )

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

True story, happens all the time, very frustrating, very unrewarding, very pointless...yeah, it can be fun to play, ultimately ruined by the fact you need xp to grow, and the xp system in this mode is HIGHLY FLAWED

This is the most accurate description of NA2 I've ever read. Bravo Plumbo.

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2014, 05:21:41 pm »
I actually disagree with most of the points here.  I get MORE xp on siege than battle.  I almost always have a multi, and if I drop to 1x it's only for 1 or 2 rounds.  On battle I always seem to be on the losing team...

Also, most of the maps are fairly balanced now.  There's a ton of new maps and many of the older ones were tweaked.  If you play smart and use teamwork, you can win on either offense or defense on all maps.  Sometimes one team has a slight advantage, but that's the same for battle too.  It's a challenge to overcome, but doable.

People should give it another chance.  Muy divertido.

Offline Snufalufagus

• Earl
  • Renown: 320
  • Infamy: 21
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Snuffy, Snufalufagus, Sexy Cupid, Charlie_Sheen Sir Lord Gentleman Snuffy
  • IRC nick: Snufalufagus
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2014, 04:39:47 am »
I definitely come and try often turtler. Just don't have lots of peeps to play with and i lose so much time waiting for people....  Will try though.
Im your imaginary friend...

Offline Horns_Archive

• Earl
  • Renown: 439
  • Infamy: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2014, 05:24:55 am »
+1
"Bring back ladders and we'll talk" - every cRPG player ever

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2014, 06:56:21 am »
+1
They should give people a higher chance to get valour on siege to compensate for the significantly longer round times / gear costs associated with that.

Right now getting valour on siege is very difficult.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2014, 02:43:10 pm »
Right now getting valour on siege while actually contributing to your team is very difficult.

Fixed for you. Siege valor isn't that hard to get, unfortunately the easiest way to get it is to totally ignore the flag and run around on the walls killing archers/etc. So if you actually want to try to capture/defend the flag, then yes, valor is hard to get.

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2014, 06:55:24 pm »
Fixed for you. Siege valor isn't that hard to get, unfortunately the easiest way to get it is to totally ignore the flag and run around on the walls killing archers/etc. So if you actually want to try to capture/defend the flag, then yes, valor is hard to get.

Arguably, valor is quite difficult to get as an attacker. Defense almost always has a higher average score, and since valor is calculated for the entire server, attackers are at a disadvantage. Of course there is also the option to try and help your team by ninja-ing the flag, in which case you will most likely (assuming you are a good ninja) meet very little resistance, and therefore receive little score. Like camping the flag on defense, it is the more helpful strategy to your team (debatable, perhaps, but usually it is nice to try and ninja at least once per round) but less likely to give you any significant amount of points. Valor can be easy on defense if you play the map right. Block a significant chokepoint, and the enemy has to come to you. Cut them all down, and they keep coming back. Of course no one man can hold off an entire army, so this is where someone needs to give up trying for valor and hang back at the flag, or cover other chokepoints. If everyone on defense rushes to the main gate or path of entry, then that leaves you very open to ninjas... it's a risk-reward scenario, unfortunately. Would be nice if you got rewarded for playing smart, but I frankly don't see how that can be possible.

Rewarding points for standing near the flag just promotes leeching whilst sitting next to the flag, and frankly you want to try and slow down the attackers by fighting them on the walls as much as possible. If it is a constant fight on the flag, with attackers meeting no resistance up until that point, defense might eventually get overrun, depending on the map's spawns. Ideally attackers would get points for the amount of time they spend in the flag's proximity... so even if there are several defenders on the flag, and it isn't being capped, that man can still get rewarded for his efforts. On the defensive side of things, perhaps any score you would receive from combat gets multiplied if you are within the flag proximity, so  you have to be a part of the action at the flag to get rewarded. But once again, in my opinion it would be nice if we could encourage defenders to fight on the walls to hold off the attackers as long as possible, and then fall back to the flag only when the time is right. That would be the tricky part with rewarding the smart players on defense.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2014, 07:05:39 pm »
Main reason?

Clan stacks.

No one likes to play constantly on x1 and lose.

Be it Grey Order or DRZ.

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2014, 07:07:55 pm »
Main reason?

Clan stacks.

No one likes to play constantly on x1 and lose.

Be it Grey Order or DRZ.
oooor live off valours like me :)
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.