Author Topic: Bring back the admin banner check.  (Read 2667 times)

Offline Bob_Ross

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Church of PEPE
  • Game nicks: Pope_Thunnus_Obesus_of_PEPE Explosion_of_Tuna Sultan_Tuna_bin_Salmon
Re: Bring back the admin banner check.
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2014, 01:15:05 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Friendship is like wetting your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2014, 01:15:55 am »
I missed what the banners were(all were removed), but those aren't bad. Of course, NA has their own fun, clans like to have colorful, distinctive banners.

If this was Medieval only, we'd only be allowed like 6 color choices, cause they couldn't make more colors than like 6 for wool dying until later on....

Imo a banner which has 1 main colour and up to 3 additional colours, is fine enough. It gives many possibilities and if you stick to a certain theme, those give you many choices as well,
see DRZ/GO/Nord/HRE/Byz/Fallen/Merc banners for example. They have 1 colour that shows their theme and they're simply amazing...  :D

But I think you Americans have probably a different attitude to things, overall. That's not bad of course. I never did really mind NA banners anyway, 'cause I'm not playing there.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Sean31555

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Brigadier Tickler of the 9th Tickler Platoon
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SeanTickler, ShameTickler, TestTickler
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2014, 01:16:03 am »
+8

Because people stop caring, do u want to call me a snitch because I care? Do it, like I ever gave a single FUCK about what people think of me.

And we over at The Ticklers don't give a single FUCK what you think of our banner, why should your enjoyment of the game hinder ours? We don't play EU with you shitbags, and we payed for our slot like everyone else.

Offline Panos_

• იოსებ ბესარიონის ძე სტალინი
  • King
  • Renown: 2006
  • Infamy: 885
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • Come and get couched, Turk!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vyzantion (Palaiologos Era)
  • Game nicks: Panos_the_TurkSlayer
  • IRC nick: THE_PANOS
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2014, 01:18:40 am »
And we over at The Ticklers don't give a single FUCK what you think of our banner, why should your enjoyment of the game hinder ours? We don't play EU with you shitbags, and we payed for our slot like everyone else.

Don`t blame me, you should blame yourself.

When custom banners where introduced to the mod,  rules were set to avoid crap like this.

Deal with it.

And be thankful that I will never have the chance to moderate banners, because I swear to Zeus, I would eradicate every shitty banner out there.

Offline Carthan

• Duke
  • Renown: 612
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
  • Mad scientist and creator of QUANTUM-KAFEIN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BlackCompany
  • Game nicks: Vandal (Carthan)
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2014, 01:19:37 am »
+10

Better idea : do not allow NA players and clans anywhere near custom banners.

YOU DARE THREATEN TO OBSTRUCCT OUR FREEEDOOMSS?!

« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:23:21 am by Carthan »
Yes, been posted before. Rather than practicing swinging a weapon, it would be better to go 1 hander and learn a martial art that specializes in takedowns, because that's all that really matters in that sport.

Offline Sean31555

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2014, 01:21:44 am »
+6

When custom banners where introduced to the mod,  rules were set to avoid crap like this.

Deal with it.
And there is a reason the rules faded into nonexistence, you still haven't mentioned why you're enjoyment of the EU banners should collide with NA ones, or why everyone has to have a super grim dark skull or battered shield for you to feel fully immersed in your 10 year old game.

Edit: Every shitty banner out there? I daresay, a red-eyed bear takes less effort than a flaming pickle to whip up in the software, and who appointed you SUPREME OVERLORD OF THE BANNERS, and gave you authority to determine whether or not a banner fits your criteria?

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2014, 01:24:24 am »
+1

Deal with it.

And be thankful that I will never have the chance to moderate banners, because I swear to Zeus, I would eradicate every shitty banner out there.

FYI, the banner rule actually no longer exists on any main forum. If it was a rule that should be followed, it would be listed with the OTHER rules, rather than...you know...not actually being on the RULE SHEET....

Offline Sean31555

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2014, 01:27:26 am »
+6
I'd also like to point out that BearNerd over hear has been the only one in the entire thread to want all the banners axed, most people outright disagreed, or wanted little effort and cocks removed, but NOPE some admin somewhere jumps the gun and clears shop on every banner this whore posts.

Offline Mae.

• Duke
  • Renown: 516
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
  • :3
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnant
  • Game nicks: mae
« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2014, 01:28:32 am »
+4
FREE THE FUCKING PICKLES 2014!!!! seriously though, i got a lot of chuckles out of the fun/funny banners.

Offline Panos_

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2014, 01:30:00 am »
And there is a reason the rules faded into nonexistence, you still haven't mentioned why you're enjoyment of the EU banners should collide with NA ones, or why everyone has to have a super grim dark skull or battered shield for you to feel fully immersed in your 10 year old game.

Edit: Every shitty banner out there? I daresay, a red-eyed bear takes less effort than a flaming pickle to whip up in the software, and who appointed you SUPREME OVERLORD OF THE BANNERS, and gave you authority to determine whether or not a banner fits your criteria?

First of all the bear is my forum avatar, not my in game banner  :lol:

What you fail to see is this, everday I see new players on EU1 who try to follow a theme, either that be Middle eastern, Russian, Nordic, Byzantine etc etc.

Having people running around with anime banners or any other crappy banner , A) Fucks the immersion of the game and B) Removes a banner slot, that could`ve been used by a new clan which follows a certain theme.

And no one made me nothing, I just pointed some fucked up banners and a moderator removed them, because guess what, THEY WERE BREAKING THE BANNER RULES.

I'd also like to point out that BearNerd over hear has been the only one in the entire thread to want all the banners axed, most people outright disagreed, or wanted little effort and cocks removed, but NOPE some admin somewhere jumps the gun and clears shop on every banner this whore posts.

Don`t take it there, because trust me mate, when it comes to insulting/trolling, I`m the best EU has to offer.

Offline Bob_Ross

• Earl
  • Renown: 394
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Church of PEPE
  • Game nicks: Pope_Thunnus_Obesus_of_PEPE Explosion_of_Tuna Sultan_Tuna_bin_Salmon
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2014, 01:31:33 am »
+3
The Pickle Knight will rise and have his revenge!

Friendship is like wetting your pants: everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.

Offline Panos_

• King
    • View Profile